ADVERTISEMENT

So when you play St. Andrew's.........

skipsternicole

JV stand out
Oct 3, 2007
do the games even count????

Below is taken straight from the tournament manual

5. For any points to be counted towards a school's index an opponent must have played a minimum of an eight game
Varsity schedule. Forfeits will count toward satisfying this requirement

St. Andrew's has a 7 game schedule this year. Tower Hill just beat St. Andrew's on Saturday to get to 6-1. My questions are these:

- Tower Hill point index should be based on a 9 game schedule with the St. Andrew's game thrown out? The same would be true for Wilmington Friends, as they play St. Andrew's this week.

- How do you factor in the teams that would get bonus points from Friends and Tower Hill, what if Friends and Tower Hill both finish 9-1, but they each got a win against St. Andrew's. It wouldn't count in their index, but do teams that play Friends and Tower Hill each get 1 bonus point, or 2 bonus points???

Beside the effect this rule would have on Tower Hill and Friends, I believe DMA has an outside interest in this decision.

True if ST Andrews doesn't play 8 games then their points won't count but neither would the game.. Teams that play them would divide by 9 for their point index instead of 10 ( the point index is what decides the play-off teams and seeding not the total points)

@skip.... Based on this scenario the teams that PLAY tower and friends would receive 2 bonus pts ...I believe this based off of what I read last yr or the year before when st marks only had 9 games and was searching for a tenth...hopefully someone can find it and paste the definitive answer on this thread....also I think DMA needs to win out to make the playoffs bonus pts would only change their seeding not help get them in...

I am pretty sure if a team doesnt have 8 varsity games then no one can get any points,, basically the game is thrown out. at least that has been my understanding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT