ADVERTISEMENT

St Marks vs Montclair

oldtimer22

All-State
Nov 16, 2007
Anyone know anything about Montclair? I see Max Preps has them ranked # 10 in Jersey and #580 nationally. They have 123 listed on their roster. Wonder how many will dress tomorrow night?

Originally posted by ceech1:

Been told they are down from normal years. Good for St Marks.
Montclair is a monster football team. They dressed 120 plus for the game. The team was big, extremely fast and super athletic. Best team I have seen all year by a mile. St Marks defense could not stop them. At times it seemed like a track meet. The Montclair QB is a super athlete and gave them fits all night. Heard he signed with Boston College.

Positive notes for St Marks is the offense can play with anyone. They moved the ball consistently. Plus Matt Williams was back playing QB. All I can say is WOW! Kid can throw. Has a gun for an arm. He picked Montclair apart all night. 21of 34 329 yards with 5 TDs and 2 Int against a very strong team.

Being a jersey native and having lived in DE for 26 years I have always looked at crossstate games to see how DE matches up. Montclair is ranked 15 in Jersey and they put that many points up on St Marks which is one of our better teams. We have a long way to go.

In 2013- I believe St Marks made Delaware history by playing the highest nationally ranked HS football team that any DIAA school from Delaware has ever played.

This year I think they may have done it again. Talk about taking on a challenge......Good for them!

for those who follow NJ Football check out PC vs DBP on link below

http://www.msgvarsity.com/new-jersey/live-don-bosco-at-paramus-catholic-football-1.1632747

And this article is worth the read

http://nationalhsfootball.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2932
This post was edited on 10/11 4:57 PM by Jawnsky

Who pulls their starters when up by 3 scores ???.....st marks was out classed from the jump...dual threat qb + a power back+extreme speed at wr= a tough night...the Mounties did give up several big plays to the Spartans but they are so well coached and talented its hard to believe that this is a "down year" for them but last years defense was way better than this.....

I don't know about off or down year for Montclair. They are ranked 10th in the state, #1 ranked New Jersey North I Group 5 team. Have one loss to the defending champion #1 ranked New Jersey North I Group 4 team. Montclair is a large school 2 1/2 times the size of St Marks.

Originally posted by oldtimer22:
I don't know about off or down year for Montclair. They are ranked 10th in the state, #1 ranked New Jersey North I Group 5 team. Have one loss to the defending champion #1 ranked New Jersey North I Group 4 team. Montclair is a large school 2 1/2 times the size of St Marks.
22-you are dead on with your comments. Montclair is a beast of a program. Very rich school history and I do not believe most know that they are recognized as one of the best (if not the best) overall football programs in NJ state history. And that is the entire state of NJ-all levels.
Now-why the Spartans had to schedule them and Paramus last year......that's a whole other issue.
confused0011.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Jawnsky:

Originally posted by oldtimer22:
22-you are dead on with your comments. Montclair is a beast of a program. Very rich school history and I do not believe most know that they are recognized as one of the best (if not the best) overall football programs in NJ state history. And that is the entire state of NJ-all levels.
Now-why the Spartans had to schedule them and Paramus last year......that's a whole other issue.
confused0011.r191677.gif
Spartans had to schedule those teams because Newark decided to play Oxford instead of St Marks. They have not played each other in baseball or basketball last 2 years either.

They played Montclair because of Newark...ha. Hopefully that comment was due to being shell shocked and your head still spinning from Friday night. You think St marks may have been caught with their pants down thinking Montclair, with all their history etc., was having a down year, and they thought they could pull some street cred and possibly pull one out? I do think that, and I commend and give them all the credit in the world for playing such a team. But to blame it on Newark? That's a bit extreme.

Originally posted by ceech1:

They played Montclair because of Newark...ha. Hopefully that comment was due to being shell shocked and your head still spinning from Friday night. You think St marks may have been caught with their pants down thinking Montclair, with all their history etc., was having a down year, and they thought they could pull some street cred and possibly pull one out? I do think that, and I commend and give them all the credit in the world for playing such a team. But to blame it on Newark? That's a bit extreme.

No one is blaming the loss on Newark. What I said was St Marks was forced to schedule OOS games because of schools not playing them like Newark.

St Marks and Newark played against each other for years in all sports. All of a sudden last 2 years Newark is playing Oxford in football and RLCA, Friends, DMA in baseball instead of St Marks. They dropped Sallies too. St Marks has to get games with Paramus and Montclair in football even getting a late game with Oxford last year in order to make the playoffs. Go to websites4sports and see who St Marks played this week in October in past years. Why would 2 schools a few miles apart with a history of playing each other all of a sudden stop?

I think were overstating Montclair a bit Yeah they are good Jersey public team but they are not world beaters.. Montclair and Paramus Catholic arent even in the same hemisphere.. If Montclair is that good than DE HS football really is bad... As for the Sallies claims Poly Prep being the best team in Baynard for a long time that is nonsense... I would contend William Penn beat them to it earlier his year.. Prep and Montclair are decent but c'mon neither are even close to being ranked higher then Penn

This post was edited on 10/13 10:34 PM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:
I think were overstating Montclair a bit Yeah they are good Jersey public team but they are not world beaters.. Montclair and Paramus Catholic arent even in the same hemisphere.. If Montclair is that good than DE HS football really is bad... As for the Sallies claims Poly Prep being the best team in Baynard for a long time that is nonsense... I would contend William Penn beat them to it earlier his year.. Prep and Montclair are decent but c'mon neither are even close to being ranked higher then Penn

This post was edited on 10/13 10:34 PM by ravensrooster2
RR= are you drinking or smoking something? WP is a very good team but they are no where close to Poly Prep or MC. WP could play either of those teams 10 times and would lose 11 of them. WP vs either and WP is-----
flush.r191677.gif

I respect RR opinion but after seeing Montclair in person I would say they are better than penn. It would be at least a 2 TD game.

Just my opinion but Montclair is the best team to step foot in Delaware this year
This post was edited on 10/13 11:33 PM by fanoffootball123

Originally posted by fanoffootball123:
I respect RR opinion but after seeing Montclair in person I would say they are better than penn. It would be at least a 2 TD game. Just my opinion but Montclair is the best team to step foot in Delaware this year

I'll go along with that.. I haven't seen Montclair so I was only going by the rankings.. sure I was bored and stirring the pot some but let's understand Montclair is not on the same level as the top Jersey perochials nor any top 200 team in the country.. They "might" be Jerseys top public team but that remains to be seen.. I do see Montclair did get a ratings boost beating St Marks.. new rankings (just for fun)

ST Marks- 1695
Sallies- 1461
Middletown -1446
Cape H- 1349
Poly Prep- 867
Montclair- 372
William Penn- 344

This post was edited on 10/14 8:08 AM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

Originally posted by fanoffootball123:
I respect RR opinion but after seeing Montclair in person I would say they are better than penn. It would be at least a 2 TD game. Just my opinion but Montclair is the best team to step foot in Delaware this year

I'll go along with that.. I haven't seen Montclair so I was only going by the rankings.. sure I was bored and stirring the pot some but let's understand Montclair is not on the same level as the top Jersey perochials nor any top 200 team in the country.. They "might" be Jerseys top public team but that remains to be seen.. I do see Montclair did get a ratings boost beating St Marks.. new rankings (just for fun)

ST Marks- 1695
Sallies- 1461
Middletown -1446
Cape H- 1349
Poly Prep- 867
Montclair- 372
William Penn- 344

This post was edited on 10/14 8:08 AM by ravensrooster2
Has Cape played anyone with a winning record yet?

Originally posted by dovetail:
Why is this so surprising????
Its not surprising there was recruiting what is suprising was Toals Col. Jessup momment.. a day after he blames Partridge in the press for steeling his players.. For fun I wrote this on the National board.. Ill share it here its all in good fun.. I have no isses with what they do..personally It is just fun to jab at the obnoxious Bosco posters who always claimed they and Toal were so clean..

Cooper: Coach allot has been made of PC and recruiting prior to this game.. What is your take on Paramus Catholic and its rise to prominence in New Jersey?

Toal: They are cheaters,, They stole my players..

Cooper: " your" players.. You say that as if you recruited them into the program.. Is this the case?

Toal: I dont believe I need to answer that question.

Cooper: well the people want the truth , did you recruit those players!

Toal: The truth! You can't handle the truth..

Cooper: Coach! did you recruit those players?

Toal: Your God damn right I did.. In fact I recruited every player on the team... Deep down inside in places you don't want to talk about Jersey needs me out there recruiting these kids.. I put Jersey football on the map.. If it weren't for me recruiting these teams Jersey would not have a MNC, Jersey football would be viewed as the same as Rhode Island. I would just prefer you leave me alone and let me go coach my team and bow down and thank me for I am Jersey football..

This post was edited on 10/14 11:41 AM by ravensrooster2

Wow. Men amoungst boys. You can see huge difference in talent level at every position, but especially on the line of scrimmage. Montclair looked like they were half speed and just owning them. But I am not sure how good St Marks line is so I may be giving Monclair a bit to much credit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT