ADVERTISEMENT

Summer predictions??

Well looks like Smyrna just got a 4* QB from DeMatha….
shocked.. but yep Actually it is kind of nice to see these messages go the other way.. going back home. I have seen a few from some other big time players around the country doing the same.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I appreciate everyone at Dematha for everything they did.I wouldn’t change anything about it. I felt it was time to stop being selfish and consider those I grew up with and started this sport with. For recruitment contact <a href="https://twitter.com/coachmikejudy?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@coachmikejudy</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/Michael26865903?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Michael26865903</a>. Thank you to everyone <a href="https://t.co/PPzDtAoakq">pic.twitter.com/PPzDtAoakq</a></p>&mdash; Cameron edge (@cameron_edge2) <a href="">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edge vs Davis ...... 09/17/21 @ SHS.. Game on!

mhQS2Jq.gif

• Wow
Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Braden Davis 4* Nationally ranked 13th QB CO 2022 committed to South Carolina (held 29 BCS verbals)

Cameron Edge 4* Nationally ranked 8th QB CO 2023 multiple (14) D1 BCS verbal offers

I don't know if DE has ever had a 4* QB let alone 2..

as the yutes say.. this game going to be LIT!

so will the transfer bus into these two schools this summer.. just saying

imporper-couch-moving.gif

Last edited:
Hahah I didn’t wanna say it. But yes, Ignudo transferred to Middletown already.

another kid from another school is coming too but he is/was finishing the year at his respective school and he’ll be with the Cavs in time for 7on7. But yes, Ignudo is already there

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Hahah I didn’t wanna say it. But yes, Ignudo transferred to Middletown already.

another kid from another school is coming too but he is/was finishing the year at his respective school and he’ll be with the Cavs in time for 7on7. But yes, Ignudo is already there
Sals freshman RB. BJ Alleyne transferred to DMA to play QB. He's supposed to be a baller. So did a running back form Brandywine. He'll help them on defense. Should be a good back up to Green.

A running back/wide receiver from Smyrna transferred to Middletown.
Galban came back? No way it could be YK (only Smyrna RB/WR listed on roster from last year) even if he was he wouldn't now with Edge coming IMO.. I could see a player leaving Smyrna if they want to play both sides of the ball though

Last edited:
Sals freshman RB. BJ Alleyne transferred to DMA to play QB. He's supposed to be a baller. So did a running back form Brandywine. He'll help them on defense. Should be a good back up to Green.

I remember seeing him (Alleyne) play some last season. Looked good. It's very rare a freshman is on Varsity for Sals let alone get some PT. He will be a Baller for DMA for sure.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
shocked.. but yep Actually it is kind of nice to see these messages go the other way.. going back home. I have seen a few from some other big time players around the country doing the same.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I appreciate everyone at Dematha for everything they did.I wouldn’t change anything about it. I felt it was time to stop being selfish and consider those I grew up with and started this sport with. For recruitment contact <a href="https://twitter.com/coachmikejudy?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@coachmikejudy</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/Michael26865903?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Michael26865903</a>. Thank you to everyone <a href="https://t.co/PPzDtAoakq">pic.twitter.com/PPzDtAoakq</a></p>&mdash; Cameron edge (@cameron_edge2) <a href=" ">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
"For recruitment"? Whoa, I though only the Big S and the other private schools recruited.

if you have an answer let me know. In the early 70’s Ben Williams at WHS and Ken Smith at St. Mark’s. Williams started for a while at West Virginia. Smith was a 2 year starter at BC. Both would be 4 star today, To this day Williams remains my gold standard for DE HS QBs. Smith was the best pure passer that I have seen in DE HS FB. The game has changed enough that my opinion may be irrelevant.

Did any of the history buffs on here ever find out if this is the first time Delaware’s had two 4 star QBs go at it in a season?

To my recollection Delaware hasn't even had one 4* QB in the star rating era... if Henderson could have garnered some BCS offers he would probably have been the first.. As for star ratings and "offers" they kind of work off each other. Also getting a 4 star rating was much more difficult( rarer) ten years ago than it is today. It's all part of the hype machine these days, non committable verbals, and people getting paid to retweet these kids and what not..

It's getting hard to cypher through what is real anymore. As an example the #1 ranked player in Jersey has yet to even play in a meaningful game in High School (grades, injuries etc,.) but he sure can combine like a champ lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I would imagine that is the first time two 4 star Qbs faced off in Delaware. All the good Qbs recently seemed to have been ranked 2-3 star but also at different positions like Magee from Dover or CJ Jones from A.I.

But cool to see having 2 4-star prospects considering past 20 years DE as a whole has had 8-9 recruits ranked that high and I only found 1 5 star. but seems like we crank out OL and WR pretty good.

I assumed it was humor but Edge obviously is a player....

https://www.si.com/college/lsu/football/cameron-edge-lsu-recruit-story

Truth be told neither QB has a lot of High School game experience.

Edge got a start at the end of the 2019 season and did OK but they lost 3 of last 5 games. I believe he also played for DeMatha in the 3 spring games this year and looked pretty good.

Davis did pretty good for MT in 2019 taking them to title game and showed flashes during the season and of course went to FLA last season and got hurt after 2 games. Both of which he was just ok in

Obviously both are eager to show their ratings and offers are warranted by their on the field play and both will get a chance to play vs a Nationally top ranked opponent as well as vs each other. Should be pretty interesting following them this year

Last edited:
Here is Edge's highlights from spring games a couple months ago.. One thing is for certain he won't have the o-line he is used to at Smyrna. Smyrna OL probably half their (DeMatha) size..

Love to know how a rising senior transfers to DMA and is already eligibility approved.. Go Jeremy!! Let the poaching continue.....

I remember seeing him (Alleyne) play some last season. Looked good. It's very rare a freshman is on Varsity for Sals let alone get some PT. He will be a Baller for DMA for sure.
Interesting that Concord lost the Alleyne family.

I hear DMA is wheeling and dealing a lot now a days. Heard some basketball players and baseball players are transferring in too.

I hear DMA is wheeling and dealing a lot now a days. Heard some basketball players and baseball players are transferring in too.

Well, they didn't build that new sports complex (bubble) and stadium for nothing..

question? Do the athletes transferring in there or that go there initially actually intend to serve in the Military or is it just being used as a free private school?

Love to know how a rising senior transfers to DMA and is already eligibility approved.. Go Jeremy!! Let the poaching continue.....
I think DMA is going to have an issue. Somebody is going to push back on this. The Alleyne kid may get a pass as he can claim he has a financial issue. Many of the athletes that are transferring to DMA are coming from a public school. What excuse are they going to give? Doesn't the rule state you have four years to play four seasons? They may use Covid as an excuse but that can open Pandora's box. If the DIAA let's one athlete slide through there will be kids bouncing around everywhere.

I think DMA is going to have an issue. Somebody is going to push back on this. The Alleyne kid may get a pass as he can claim he has a financial issue. Many of the athletes that are transferring to DMA are coming from a public school. What excuse are they going to give? Doesn't the rule state you have four years to play four seasons? They may use Covid as an excuse but that can open Pandora's box. If the DIAA let's one athlete slide through there will be kids bouncing around everywhere.

I don't think DIAA can really do much about it unless they can "prove" the move was only for athletic advantage. Parents can just claim the sending school didn't offer a course of study their kid may be interested in.. well in DMA'a case it would be the Military aspect.. You see this in Maryland allot in Baltimore County with the magnet programs in some schools..

This type stuff also has been tried in the courts in other states ( like Florida) so unless you can prove "recruiting" , or stuff like falsified addresses etc... The general rule according to the courts will be is if the child is "legally" enrolled in a school and qualifies ( grades, behavior etc..) for after school activities (sports, band, clubs etc) then the sports associations really don't have the standing to tell the student they can't participate. Legally anyway. This was tried in the Supreme Court in Florida which basically rendered the FHSAA powerless regarding transfers so Fla has school choice now, particularly in Dade County, where now it doesn't matter where the student lives, if the school accepts them then they are eligible

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorenonstop
From the people I know at DMA, military is the last option for them in life. Most use it as a free private school. They have good discipline for the most part there. Education is okay. Athletic is on the rise and I agree with Bib that they built those facilities for a reason. State champs in volleyball, baseball so far. What sport is next?

From the people I know at DMA, military is the last option for them in life. Most use it as a free private school. They have good discipline for the most part there. Education is okay. Athletic is on the rise and I agree with Bib that they built those facilities for a reason. State champs in volleyball, baseball so far. What sport is next?

It is interesting to me how DE uses the Vo Techs and Military Academies different then most states. Like free private school options for sports.

My experience with Military Academies is those were where kids were sent/sentenced to by parents/judges if they needed to be straightened out OR the child is from a Military family and/or has asperations to become a Officer in the military. Don't know many strong athletic programs from Vo Tech or Military Academies across the US. I suppose there are a few. Eastern Vo Tech in Baltimore County started building some strong football and baseball teams back in the late 90's to about 2006 but the BCPS Board took over admission's to the Vo Techs and it went simply by lottery draw from qualifiers so that put an end to that.

Last edited:
Delaware is the most backward state in the US. Delaware is also the only state that a majority of its charter schools are successful too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT