ADVERTISEMENT

The Kelly Coaching Status.

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
Brian is 10-0 at Notre Dame but my sense is that Clemson will leave them in the dust in the ACC title game on 12/19.

Chip is like 3-2 at UCLA. UCLA has beaten Arizona and Arizona State in consecutive weeks but faces Southern Cal this weekend. If UCLA can beat USC that will be a feather in Chip's cap.

There has been speculation that Brian Kelly is under consideration to be the LA Chargers Head Coach next year along with Urban Meyer and Lincoln Riley. I can see Riley taking the job but not Brian Kelly or Urban Meyer.

The Kelly's have may have turned the corner....

Losing to SoCal in OT last night was a tough one for the Chipster.

Chip has the ABC announcers in his pocket. I like how the announcers emphasized that Chip had 2 mediocre Eagles teams win 10 games in 2 of his 3 years as Eagles' HC. Also, mentioned that Chip got fired as 49er's coach but stated that the whole 49er's organization got blown up hinting that Chip was a victim in all of this.

The coupe de grace (whatever that means) was when they talked about Chip's relationship with Bill Belichick. How Belichick spoke to the UCLA players earlier this week.

Then again Chip's Eagles did win a game at NE a few years back on a fake punt play.

When I saw how they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with blown coverage of a kickoff with seconds left I thought one of the Sallies coaches had moved on to the West coast.

Big Game Brian has his team de-pantsed in a critical game once again. (Please take the Chargers job!)

Yes, they may sneak in the tourney at #4 and for the right to get bullied by the Tide once again.

Gimme Shelter!

College Football Playoffs on 1/1/21

Alabama and Notre Dame ...the Tide started off as 17 1/2 point favorites in a couple of hours it is now...22.5. Bettors remembered 2 things: Alabama is an NFL franchise and Big Game Brian is on the other sideline.

Clemson and Ohio State....I believe Clemson is a 7.5 favorite over Ohio State.

Sagarin College FB Rankings

I am perplexed....glad the Irish are in the show but really believe they will be cake for for the Tide. The Irish are good for the TV ratings and if people were allowed to come to the games the Irish fans are considered the top tier spenders for the local economy of the host city. (Nebraska was considered to have the cheapest fans..)

If you put a dollar sign on the muscle and look at potential NFL draft picks, Clemson, Ohio State, and Alabama are at a much higher level. Georgia, Florida and Texas A & M would probably be at a marginally higher level. Oklahoma would probably be equal....

Oh well, if ND can upset the Tide, I will layoff Brian Kelly for a year or two.

Peace...

Sagarin College FB Rankings

I am perplexed....glad the Irish are in the show but really believe they will be cake for for the Tide. The Irish are good for the TV ratings and if people were allowed to come to the games the Irish fans are considered the top tier spenders for the local economy of the host city. (Nebraska was considered to have the cheapest fans..)

If you put a dollar sign on the muscle and look at potential NFL draft picks, Clemson, Ohio State, and Alabama are at a much higher level. Georgia, Florida and Texas A & M would probably be at a marginally higher level. Oklahoma would probably be equal....

Oh well, if ND can upset the Tide, I will layoff Brian Kelly for a year or two.

Peace...
Uncle Bummy; bigger, stronger, faster is what you saw last night. Kelley or any other coach in the world could not answer that. Notre Dame was made great strides in recent years to being a perennial Top 5 program. The offensive lineman and wideouts are good and always seem high up on draft day. That's were it stops, particularly on the defensive side. Last night, Book was running for his life looking for an open receiver and when he found one the kid was nailed soon after the catch. Pure football athletes who are also willing to buckle down and study are scarce at ND.

Breaking my silence to add only that “at least they beat the spread“. That is faint praise.

Quite frankly.... at this time, the CFP is about the Big 3..Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State. There is a 4th team for “amusement purposes only.”

Dove, nice piece of analysis.

Back to silence,,,

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT