ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams for each class

If they do the 6/8/6 scenario......

Class 3A: Smyrna, Sussex Central, Middletown, St. George’s, Salesianum, Hodgson

Class 2A: DMA, Concord, Howard, Archmere, Woodbridge, Delmar, Sussex Tech, St. Marks

Class 1A: Glasgow, Tatnall, Polytech, Indian river; Laurel, St. Elizabeth’s.

Oh no I was torn between Tech and Newark for 2A. I leaned toward tech but I too can see Newark making the case

Class 3A: Smyrna, Sussex Central, Middletown, St. George’s, Salesianum, Hodgson

Class 2A: Concord, Howard, Archmere, Woodbridge, Delmar, Sussex Tech, St. Marks, Caravel

Class 1A: I have no idea

Reactions: Mr no name
Class 1A: I have no idea

That is the beauty of the current 1A division. It is pretty much strictly developmental programs. That is not meant as a cheap shot. This gives these schools / programs a chance to develop into something. Would hope that Poly would put it together and move up to 2A. Same with Odessa. That ought to be an interesting situation.

Last edited:
3A District 1: Middletown, Hodgson
3A District 2: Sussex Central, Smyrna

2A District 1: DMA, Concord, St Marks
2A District 2: Howard, Mount, Archmere
2A District 3: Woodbridge, Delmar, Caravel

1A District 1: St. Es
1A District 2: Laurel

Reactions: Mr no name
3A -1. Mtown 2. Central 3. Smyrna, 4. Sallies 5.St. G 6. William Penn

2A-
1.Howard 2. Archmere 3. Concord 4. Woodbridge 5. St. Marks 6.DMA 7. Newark 8.Delmar

3A -
1. Laurel 2. IR 3. St. E’s 4. Glasgow 5. First st 6. Charter

I like the way the teams have been split. I think the Charter and Poly situations hastened the decision on this, but I know it was in the works for a while now. I really like the fact that it gives the smaller teams a chance to build their programs and play competition more suited to their level. No team needs to repeatedly go out there feeling like a punching bag.

Damn what happened to team like Indian River and StE to be down class A. These are two teams that for early part of the 2010s were playoff and state champs. Crazy.

I do not see StE winning it. They haven’t won more than 2 games the last few years. I agree I think Laurel will win it.

Damn what happened to team like Indian River and StE to be down class A. These are two teams that for early part of the 2010s were playoff and state champs. Crazy.
Same with Seaford and Dickinson back in the day. Even Newark, though at least they are showing some signs of life recently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT