ADVERTISEMENT

TWO 302 PLAYERS DECOMMIT AND GO TO IMG POST GRAD

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Interesting at $87,900 for their post grad program I sure hope they get their monies worth or at least someone is sponsoring them..

CJ Coombes decommits from Sacred Heart and Devon Green decommits from Edinboro

FINANCIAL AID
At this time, IMG Academy does not offer scholarships. We do have a limited amount of financial aid available. Recipients are selected based on an academic, athletic, character and financial review. For more information, please reference our admissions page.

Last edited:
Interesting at $87,900 for their post grad program I sure hope they get their monies worth or at least someone is sponsoring them..

CJ Coombes decommits from Sacred Heart and Devon Green decommits from Edinboro

FINANCIAL AID
At this time, IMG Academy does not offer scholarships. We do have a limited amount of financial aid available. Recipients are selected based on an academic, athletic, character and financial review. For more information, please reference our admissions page.
Hopefully it’s worth it for them. But it does seem like a lot of money for pretty good situations they were in before.

They both were good students so it wasn't grade issues. I am more shocked with Coombs going then Devon. The only thing I figure is that they are hoping to attract higher profile schools for themselves and I hope it works out for them.

So a year without competition ? Just skill improvement?

They play mostly those fugazi prep "academies" down that way. They are not schools just football programs that offer an on-line link to a local community college or something.

Programs like Georgia Knights, Feltrim, Georgia Storm, Valley State Universal, Field of Dreams, Florida Central.. etc the main difference is kids in those programs pay 5-7k not 87k.. If you watch some game film from these games it some pretty ugly football. I can't see anywhere near 87k value but whatever that's just me. As far as the PG Prep thing goes I would assume IMG would be the one to go to being they have the name, facilities and I am sure get some looks from college coaches etc.. The other PGP Programs are basically scams..

Half the IMG PG team is local rich kids that will dayschool there to play another year maybe hoping to get a scholly to play somewhere after. They have about maybe a handful of kids that will go D1 but never to any major program. It is not hard to get accepted into. If you are a good player, got the scratch and willing to go down there they will find a spot for you. They are always tweeting looking for players. Last year they had a few guys go D1.. Bryant University, Syracuse, Ball State and Kansas. That is all the 2022 announcements I have seen so far from that program

This is what last years team looked like and their schedule

1500x500

POST-GRADUATE SCHEDULE​

• 9/4 Florida Central Tech (FL) 1:00 PM
  • 9/18 Valley State (FL) 1:00 PM
  • 10/2 Field of Dreams (FL) 1:00 PM (IMG Lost to this team)
  • 10/16 Feltrim Academy (FL) 1:00 PM
  • 10/23 Georgia Storm Prep (GA) 1:00 PM
  • 11/6 Georgia Knights Prep Academy (GA) 4:00 PM
  • 11/13 Florida Central Tech (FL) 6:00 PM

ALL fugazi prep programs they just make the name sound like a school or college. Mostly all poorly coached as well. Rag tag ball.. lol

Last edited:
I don’t know either kids situation. But let’s not assume that either kid received a full ride scholarship, from either university. Just because you commit to a D1 program doesn’t mean you’re going for free.
I believe both kids did receive full scholarships. Devon was suppose to go to Edinburgh which is D2 and CJ was going to Sacred Heart. I just think Dev believes that he could make either a FCS or FBS program and CJ believes he could make either a higher FCS program or a FBS.

I believe both kids did receive full scholarships. Devon was suppose to go to Edinburgh which is D2 and CJ was going to Sacred Heart. I just think Dev believes that he could make either a FCS or FBS program and CJ believes he could make either a higher FCS program or a FBS.

This is exactly what I was about to ask…what’s the end goal here for these kids. Seems like they landed in solid programs where they’d get some money AND GET A DEGREE. This seems like a bit of a gamble imo.

But hey, bet on yourself, right?

I just don’t know that I’d be steering them away from what they already had in hand.

Full rides most likely no, especially in DII. DI unless it’s a power 5 school, full rides are rarely given because they can use that money and spread it out across the board going after bigger fish (qbs, ot, etc).

Reactions: DelaNewb
1. They believe in themselves and better opportunities are on the horizon

2. They get one more year of strength and conditioning and better opportunities may come

3.One more year of OJT with a connected prep school and at minimum a free ride is almost guaranteed

4 hopefully not so but some outside people are telling them they are to good to play at the current offers

5 hopefully they are doing what they believe is best for them period

would likely be the assumptions

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Risk vs Reward.. Obviously not knowing the dollars involved as in what was given up vs what is being spent at IMG I will just comment on it generically.

Reward is obvious they go there get whatever training they need and get a better offer. The risks are of course injury and losing what you had also chancing you go there and it's realized you were a big fish in a small pond and not D1 caliber and receive no offers.

At the end of the day you can (like many do) always just go to UD or DSU for in state tuition and walk on. Maybe even earn a partial as a walk on. There are also programs for DE kids to go to these schools for free or damn near free.

So it's not too bad of a worse case scenario but it could be an expensive one depending on what you actually pay to IMG.

* This is just for conversation purposes on this subject and I am not offering an opinion on whether either player made a good or bad decision*

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT