UD SIGNEES

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
No DE kids..

CLASS OF 2021 SIGNEES

Class of 2021 Signees
NAMEPOSHTWTHOMETOWNPREV SCHOOLSIGNED
Matt CarlinoTE6-5230Ardmore, Pa.The Haverford School7:26 a.m.
Rakim LamarreWR6-2210Woodbridge, Va.Potomac7:26 a.m.
Ty DavisS6-3190Mount Laurel, N.J.Lenape8:02 a.m.
Ryan O'ConnorQB6-3190Easton, Md.Easton8:08 a.m.
Pete MelleDL6-2260Dallas, TexasDallas Jesuit College Prep8:18 a.m.
Shane ThriftDB6-0165Pittsburgh, Pa.Gateway8:46 a.m.
Steven Rose Jr.DB5-11195Reading, Pa.Malvern Prep8:59 a.m.
Noah WilliamsOL6-6300Warrenton, Va.St. Frances Academy9:22 a.m.

This was just the early signing period. My guess is that once some high school kids figure out that they aren't going to be playing FCS football, the Hens will land a few. Especially with everyone being granted a waiver this year because of covid, there won't be as many scholarships available as normal.

Rocco has plenty of Delaware kids on the roster. I'm more upset at the subpar performance of this coaching staff. He's only marginally better than Dave Brock. Most head coaches get 5-year contracts to implement their program, but if the next 2 are like the previous 3, what a depressing couple of years we have ahead of us.

You know who needs to recruit in Delaware? Martin Inglesby. There are Delaware kids playing great college basketball all over the country, and they can't get a sniff from the Hens. But it's hard to argue with a staff that has taken the Hens from 13 to 22 wins over their 4 years here.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Will be some Juco and FBS to FCS transfers take some schollies as well. With FCS only having 63 scholarshipped players does anyone know how many UD has available this year? plus you will the get the halfsies and walk ons for 302 kids,

I am not sure if UD is one of the schools where players can get an extra year of eligibility because of Covid if they choose if so then how many will stay?. That will result in less scholarships available if that is the case.

On the subject name some 302 kids you would like to see in a Blue Hen uni..

Last edited:
No kidding.... I’m talking about for this recruiting class

I was actually making your point. In the Rocco era, it would be interesting to see how many DE HS FB players he actually pursued...and actually how many fell into his lap, I think Colby Reeder wanted to go to UD and that brought the transfer of his bros. Troy. A couple of DE guys were recruited by Rocco’s predecessor.

I remember Gerry DiNardo saying that his first 2 years as HC at Indiana he actually visited every HS in the state. That is unreal .
It would be so easy for Rocco to do this. I know COVID hurts but you have to be engaged in your community.

I think the lack of local community engagement is a big UD issue. Delstate’s Pres. Dr. Tony Allen is in every corner of this state...and at the moment, I can’t recall the UD president’s name.

Is this what they refer to as a cultural issue..?

Enough.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT