ADVERTISEMENT

"We can play with anyone in the state"

laugh.r191677.gif
who said that?

Of course Rizzo why wouldn't you have a problem with that. Your a Delmar guy. Always hate on Laurel. But I'm sure you were at the game because I'm sure you didn't travel to watch your cats lose. But Laurel was up 27-24 in the 3rd quarter against the Number 2 team in the state. Keys injuries and cramps got the best of Laurel after that.

#2 team in the state is highly debatable to say the least. I assume you mean Div 2 in the state and even that is debatable St G did lose pretty much its whole starting team to graduation sans the Selby twins.. the fact that it was that close late in the game vs Laurel tells me that St G is down this year..

hopefully meant div II. (south of the St Georges), if not they must be growing more than corn in sussex cty
This post was edited on 9/12 12:33 PM by ceech1

Of course he meant No. 2 team in the state. Why would Laurel, a Division II school, care about Division I?

And for the record, I think Laurel definitely has potential this season. I don't know if the guys will reach it, but it is definitely there.

Laurel has potential but I believe they just don't have enough talent from what I seen when we came down and scrimmaged them

Hard to judge just how good Laurel is this season. They played a solid STG team tough until they pulled away late in the game and just spanked ST. E who looks to be in for a rough year. This week they have Smryna who's coming off a big win against IR. DMA is after that and then the real schedule starts with the H-South.

Also rizzo, I doubt a coach would come out and say his team sucks and can't beat the top schools. He has confidence in his kids which there is certainly nothing wrong with that. Maybe you should worry about Delmar and their 0-2 record losing to two pretty blah teams....

Rizzo you better worry about them Cats. Completely dominated at the line of scrimmage, can't hold onto the ball and a defense that can't stop the pass. Your lucky the clock hit 0 or that QB would have been throwing bombs all night long.

John Carol? the last team Delmar played is not at all blah. Great size on the line. A QB that is throwing the ball before his WR's breaks for their. Lots of speed. They have all kinds of talent on that team.

Delmar doesn't look very good so far this year. Penalties and turnovers killed them against JC. Right now I'd say Delmar will be lucky to be a .500 team. Woodbridge will own the South. And of course Laurel can play with anyone in the state. They play big boy football, remember?

Lake looks to be tough in the South, two big running backs with a speedster (Milton) to go along with it. If they can clean up the QB spot they will own the South. They also have a defense that flies to the ball and a decent special teams. This team looks solid. From previous post you can see Rizzo and Whodey don't like Laurel and their coach. Actually they don't like anyone other then their Wildcats. Not much to talk about with them, so they will need to find away to be heard on the board.

bluehens11, really?? all you are doing is pumping up a lake team that is 2-0, so whats the difference?

Rizzo, there is no dog in the fight here. The Henlopen South is wide open...

Delmar- Leatherberry can make plays and they have Coach Hearn, they will be in the mix.. 2009 they started out slow but finished at the top. I would not count them out just yet.

Lake- Solid team with two big backs and a defense that will keep them in the game.

Woodbridge- Most likely has the best player in the state. If the defense can keep getting better each week they will be tough to stop.

IR- big ? at QB, but they have Sturgis and he can break it open at any given time in the game.

Laurel- the biggest ? in the south,

Milford- probably about 2 years away from making some noise

Seaford- its Seaford, the new coach has an up hill battle there.

Actually I have no problem with Laurel or their coach. I just enjoy the rivalry. And yes I'm a Delmar homer but I give credit where credit is due.

The Henlopen South seems to be highly competitive on the field each season and equally entertaining each year in this forum as well. The picture just got a little more blurry after tonight.

St. G's is really good... But #2 in the state??? Probably sitting at about 8-12 in state...

This post was edited on 9/20 11:46 AM by JeffMullen

You can't compare this Delmar team to the 09 team at all. A lot more athlete's and a lot bigger/better players then this team has. This years teams biggest player isn't even as big as Delmar's smallest player that year.

Delmar has also not had as much help from Coach Ellis as his son is playing at Tennessee. He is a big loss to that coaching staff. Also lost Coach Quillen which is a huge loss as well. Not the same coaching staff, not the same team. They'll finish 2-8 or 3-7 this year.

I will go with Woodbridge they are better coached especially in reference to their assistants, but let's be real Lake Forest is more talented, they will win South.

I don't agree with that either. I really don't get this Woodbridge love on this site or by WBOC. They're a one man show.... Losing to Wilmington Friends? Yea no. As far as Lake, I'm still iffy on them. It took a controversial call in OT to beat average at best Brandywine team. They are winning close games which is a teambuilder but to me, they should be blowing some of these teams out. They have a solid defense but their offense doesn't impress me. They don't have the playmakers to win in a shootout or score quick. Laurel although 3-1 have looked the most impressive. DMA is a solid team and Laurel handled them rather easily. They were also neck-and-neck with St. George's(who i consider better than any team in South) for a while. Lake finally gets to the heart of their schedule these next 3 weeks(@ IR, @ Woodbridge, Laurel) so time will tell....

"We can play with anyone in the state"[/URL]rizzo2005 posted on 9/11/2014...

why would a coach say this when the other team just dropped 51 points on them???

"We can play with anyone in the state"[/URL].................................................................or at least Delmar

still a stupid thing to say after giving up 51, delmar is not as good as they have been in the past, this is true, laurel will go 8-2 this year, lose first round of playoffs

Blah, Blah Blah! Riz why all the hate, the Big Dawg beat you and now just except it until next year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT