Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
9/4- Indian River @ Seaford 7pm
9/4- Loyola Blakefield (MD) @ Smyrna 7pm
9/4- Penns Grove (PA) @ St Marks 7pm
9/4- La Plata (MD) @ Sussex Central 7pm
9/4- Northern HS (MD) @ Sussex Tech 7pm
9/4- St Marys (MD) @ Delmar 7pm

Was thinking PG vs St Marks but will likely go to Loyola vs Smyrna now..

Bummy may go to the Sals @ Brandywine Scrimmage. If I am down at the beach, I will go to one of the games in Georgetown. What do you know about La Plata and Northern???

BiB when you say Smyrna and Loyola is a good game, what’s your prediction? What’s Loyola look like?

BiB when you say Smyrna and Loyola is a good game, what’s your prediction? What’s Loyola look like?

Tough to say. A couple years ago they were down and also pulled football out of the MIAA ( mostly because of St Frances and all that hub ub) They have been rebuilding and are pretty decent not top of the MIAA good but a good team. Most thought they would re-enter the MIAA this year but I think they like playing a indy schedule and fine with the annual Turkey Bowl game vs Calvert Hall being their big one for the time being.. We will see what they do in that regard.

As for last year they were 8-2 but played some pretty weak teams for the most part.. They did however play Calvert Hall closer in the Turkey Bowl (33-10) than they have in a while.. Game was closer than the score.. They would be a middle of the road MIAA A team this year and will be a tough opponent for Smyrna.. Not really sure what the expectation for Smyrna is this year..

My early prediction would be Loyola by 10.. Loyola will start practice a couple weeks before Smyrna as well have played a couple srim games prior and maybe even a real game.. If Smyrna isn't together it could get away from them quick.. Loyola will be a very disciplined team and is no stranger to Smyrna's type of offense..They run the same thing and have a very good SR dual threat at QB who is a great athlete and will give Smyrna fits.. Loyola is very small and weak on the lines though which is not typical for MIAA team..

My prediction is based on Loyola QB being the best player on the field also plays DB and is good at that as well..

Last edited:
Bummy may go to the Sals @ Brandywine Scrimmage. If I am down at the beach, I will go to one of the games in Georgetown. What do you know about La Plata and Northern???

well based on last year.. Central 31 La Plata 18 and Northern 20 Tech 18.. I would say the Tech v Northern would be the better game.. between Northern and La Plata, Northern is the better team but to be honest neither are really all that good.. Northern is 3A and La Plata 2A both count as D1 in Delaware though..

Not sure what the expectation is on Smyrna either. They lost Debo which to me was the glue to that team.

They return Sanchez, and with Richardson gone he’s clearly their quarterback. There was much debate about who was better but that discussion is over. Of course both the Knight brothers return, Wayne and Yamir both of whom should be bigger and faster. I don’t think the earthquake works as well with them like it did with Will but Judy won’t abandon it.
Jackson, Cajuste, are gone. Devin Smith the fast receiver and kick returner is entering his final year and is a threat. And you lose Harp on the defensive front.

The Hodgson scrimmage will be game like situation I would assume getting them ready for opening game. My early prediction (giving with what you just told me of Loyola) I think they lose to them, something like 28-20? Then host Middletown in the Harvest bowl, I think they cough that one up as well maybe like a 32-28.
Starting 0-2, they go on the road for 3 straight, Central, Sallies, Tech...which I think they starting pulling off wins here....beating Central 35-20, Sallies 37-24, and Tech 42-17. Hosting Dover and squeaking another close win out.
That puts them at 4-2.
Then they close out on what I think is the easiest last 4 games with @Milford. Caesar Rodney, @Cape, and then Polytech (if it happens) putting them at 8-2....and fighting for a Bye Week.

8-2....is a solid season and depending on their matchups in the playoffs could be a championship team.

getting side tracked here my early favorites are Hodgson, Middletown, Smyrna, and Sallies in that order. Appo took MAJOR strides down the stretch last season and could be a sleeper but for right now I’ll go with the safe bet putting Central as my 5th team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackinBlack86
Not sure what the expectation is on Smyrna either. They lost Debo which to me was the glue to that team.

They return Sanchez, and with Richardson gone he’s clearly their quarterback. There was much debate about who was better but that discussion is over. Of course both the Knight brothers return, Wayne and Yamir both of whom should be bigger and faster. I don’t think the earthquake works as well with them like it did with Will but Judy won’t abandon it.
Jackson, Cajuste, are gone. Devin Smith the fast receiver and kick returner is entering his final year and is a threat. And you lose Harp on the defensive front.

The Hodgkin scrimmage will be game like situation I would assume getting them ready for opening game. My early prediction (giving with what you just told me of Loyola) I think they lose to them, something like 28-20? Then host Middletown in the Harvest bowl, I think they cough that one up as well maybe like a 32-28.
Starting 0-2, they go on the road for 3 straight, Central, Sallies, Tech...which I think they starting pulling off wins here....beating Central 35-20, Sallies 37-24, and Tech 42-17. Hosting Dover and squeaking another close win out.
That puts them at 4-2.
Then they close out on what I think is the easiest last 4 games with @Milford. Caesar Rodney, @Cape, and then Polytech (if it happens) putting them at 8-2....and fighting for a Bye Week.

8-2....is a solid season and depending on their matchups in the playoffs could be a championship team.

getting side tracked here my early favorites are Hodgson, Middletown, Smyrna, and Sallies in that order. Appo took MAJOR strides down the stretch last season and could be a sleeper but for right now I’ll go with the safe bet putting Central as my 5th team.

A little more perspective on the Loyola v Smyrna game.. last year

Glenelg 29 Smyrna 26
Glenelg 10 Howard 7
Loyola 40 Howard 28

* Caravel played Howard a couple years ago and couldn't stay on the field with them losing 41-0

there is a big disparity in Maryland between the MIAA and WCAC privates vs publics in talent and size..

You are doomed. You go to super spreader events. Life as you know it will never be the same. Take me to your leader.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT