ADVERTISEMENT

Week 10 Playoff Projection 2A

Titanium Shadow

Good all around Player
Oct 5, 2018
Nothing changed this week except Tower Hill and Friends losing a bonus point from St. Andrews due to their loss to Tatnall.
SeedTeamDistrict WinsDistrict LossesOverall WinsOverall LossesPointsBonus PointsIndexOpponent Win Percentage
1Woodbridge6010042115.3055.1%
2DMA6010040105.0046.0%
3Archmere609138125.0055.8%
4Caravel519136104.6055.1%
5Friends51913694.5050.5%
6Delmar326326144.4462.9%
7Tower Hill32722894.1149.4%
8St. Mark's517328113.9048.0%
9Howard335522153.7060.4%
10Tech336424103.4051.5%
11Concord425520103.0045.4%
12Newark33552072.7037.0%

Bonus points:
TeamBonus points
Woodbridge2 St Mark's, 1 Tech, 1 Delmar, 2 Laurel, 3 Caravel, 1 Lake, 1 Howard
DMA2 Bonner, 1 Howard, 2 St Mark's, 3 Archmere, 1 Newark, 1 Concord
Archmere1 Tatnall, 1 Howard, 3 Friends, 2 StM, 2 TH, 3 DMA
Caravel1 Tech, 1 Concord, 3 WB, 1 Lake, 1 Delmar, 3 St E
Friends1 Delmar, 1 Tatnall, 2 TH, 3 Archmere, 1 Howard, 1 St A
Delmar3 Friends, 3 WB , 3 Caravel, 1 Lake, 1 Tech, 1 IR , 2 Laurel
Tower Hill3 Friends, 1 St A, 3 Archmere, 1 Howard, 1 Tatnall
St. Mark's3 WB, 1 Newark, 2 Archmere, 1 Concord, 3 DMA
Tech2 Laurel, 3 Caravel, 3 Woodbridge, 1 Lake, 1 Delmar
Howard1 Concord, 3 Archmere, 3 DMA, 3 Friends, 2 TH, 3 WB
Concord1, Howard, 1 Newark, 3 Caravel, 2 St M, 3 DMA
Newark1 Concord, 2 St M, 1 Lake, 3 DMA

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
@Titanium Shadow shouldn't Archmere be above DMA with the higher opponents win percentage?

never mind computer is predicting DMA beats Archmere week 10 to give them the HtoH tiebreaker

@Titanium Shadow shouldn't Archmere be above DMA with the higher opponents win percentage?
The projection is for DMA to beat Archmere (which is a toss up in my opinion), so DMA has the head to head tie breaker.

Whoever wins their game next week is 2 seed and the loser is 3 seed (assuming Woodbridge beats Howard of course).

By the numbers there, if Archmere beats DMA they will be one seed even if Woodbridge beats Howard

there are so many games that have bearing on playoffs next week, if Mount beats Milford then Archmere can lose and be in front of DMA, and if brandywine beats concord then both Archmere and woodbridge would be in front of DMA even if both Woodbridge and Archmere lose. Archmere would be 1 seed and Woodbridge would be 2 seed because they would have opponent tiebreaker over DMA. I think that is correct, I might be wrong but it looks correct by the numbers up top. I think both the Milford/Mount and Concord/brandywine games should be competitive games

Strength of Schedule from MaxPreps for 2A. Delmar has played the hardest schedule and Newark the easiest.

Interestingly, DMA has played the third easiest schedule in 2A this year.
RankTeamSoS
1Delmar7.6
2Red Lion Christian Academy (Bear)7.2
3Brandywine (Wilmington)6.9
4Howard (Wilmington)6.4
5Milford5.6
6Woodbridge (Bridgeville)5.5
7Sussex Tech (Georgetown)2.9
8Archmere Academy (Claymont)1.2
9Lake Forest (Felton)1
10Wilmington Friends (Wilmington)-2
11Conrad Science (Wilmington)-2.7
12Mount Pleasant (Wilmington)-3
13Delcastle Technical (Wilmington)-3.4
14Caravel (Bear)-4.2
15Tower Hill (Wilmington)-4.6
16Concord (Wilmington)-4.7
17DuPont (Wilmington)-5
18St. Mark's (Wilmington)-6.4
19Delaware Military Academy (Wilmington)-9.6
20McKean (Wilmington)-10.3
21Newark-13.3

This is something that should be looked at when DIAA comes together again about redistricting. The fact that 5 of the bottom 6 schools are all in district 1 says something. There is opportunity to make all of the districts more even and hopefully make sure that the teams that do make the playoffs a bit more deserving.

This is something that should be looked at when DIAA comes together again about redistricting. The fact that 5 of the bottom 6 schools are all in district 1 says something. There is opportunity to make all of the districts more even and hopefully make sure that the teams that do make the playoffs a bit more deserving.
That was pointed out when they were making the Districts for 2A and DIAA didn't care.

Reactions: Huskerman7
I'm sure if St. Marks or DMA make a run they will say the districts are fine the way they are, but if all 4 of the district 1 teams lose their first games it would definitely be a problem.

I'm sure if St. Marks or DMA make a run they will say the districts are fine the way they are, but if all 4 of the district 1 teams lose their first games it would definitely be a problem.
DMA will get a first round bye, but the odds are that all three of the other District 1 playoff teams will lose in the first round. Concord and Newark will be heavy underdogs against Delmar and Friends respectively and St. Marks and Tech is a toss up in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh no doubt about Concord and Newark. I mean if St. Marks does lose and even though DMA has a bye if they lose the quarterfinal game, you could blame the fact that they had a weak schedule and were seeded higher then they should. I wouldn't count St. Marks out too much though because their 3 losses are to the top 3 teams in the division. I could definitely see them being a possible Cinderella team.

The only way the northern poorer schools would go along with the realignment to begin with is they try and keep the divisions regional to cut down on travel.. point being they are not going to put a McKean, Conrad, Delcastle etc.. in D3 just to level divisions based on current strength of teams in the divisions. It will always be as local as they can make it. Really the concern is the Classes not the make up of the talent within the divisions.

Really the only inclusion to the south teams in 2A is putting Caravel and RLCA in their division (D3). Once Laurel gets moved back into 2A then they will go to D3 and either CA or RLCA will get moved to D1 or D2. If Laurel and IR or Seaford gets moved up then CA and RLCA will both get moved to northern divisions.

Last edited:
It's really not all that different Hen South has been much stronger than Flight B for quite awhile now...you just have the same thing but in two classes . Caravel and RLCA took Laurel and IR's place in the Hen South. so to speak

I think all the teams south of the canal should go into the southern districts.. Middletown, St Georges, St Andrews, Appo but that creates a numbers issue in 3A. With Caravel and RLCA being the closest above the canal I see why they were put in the 2AD3 (south). Technically RLCA is closer to the canal if one gets moved to D1 or D2 lol.

DMA will get a first round bye, but the odds are that all three of the other District 1 playoff teams will lose in the first round. Concord and Newark will be heavy underdogs against Delmar and Friends respectively and St. Marks will likely lose to Tower Hill, although that one will be closer.
Isn't St Mark's predicted to play Sussex Tech? Or are you assuming Tatnall will beat Tower Hill and land TH in the ninth seed?

Isn't St Mark's predicted to play Sussex Tech? Or are you assuming Tatnall will beat Tower Hill and land TH in the ninth seed?
With this week's games there is still quite a bit of shuffling that could happen. If Howard bests Woodbridge that would put them to play St. Marks, and tower hill to play tech. If DMA loses to Archmere that drop them probably down to a 5 seed. Like Connor pointed out the other day if Concord loses and MP wins DMA could be undefeated and become the 3rd seed with both archmere and Woodbridge as the top 2 seeds. Still a lot of things that could play out.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
With this week's games there is still quite a bit of shuffling that could happen. If Howard bests Woodbridge that would put them to play St. Marks, and tower hill to play tech. If DMA loses to Archmere that drop them probably down to a 5 seed. Like Connor pointed out the other day if Concord loses and MP wins DMA could be undefeated and become the 3rd seed with both archmere and Woodbridge as the top 2 seeds. Still a lot of things that could play out.
Yes, a lot can still change in the seeding. For instance, DMA could be anywhere from the 1st through the 5th seed. The projection is only the most likely scenario.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Yes. I understand. I was seeing if TS had some inside info on the TH/Tatnall game. Lol.

Howard points are off above at 5-5 they should be at 22 pts because they got 2 extra for HVT then add there bonus pts. I believe that would move them up at least one maybe 2 spots

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
Howard points are off above at 5-5 they should be at 22 pts because they got 2 extra for HVT then add there bonus pts. I believe that would move them up at least one maybe 2 spots
I think it should be 37 total points with an index of 3.7, which should put them in the 9th spot.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Honestly, I don't have a problem with how the districts are set up. I understand district 2 looks a little more tough than the other ones. However, in years past there have been some pretty good teams left out of the tournament because of an antiquated points system. At the end of the day, I don't feel that any deserving team is going to be left out. I think that's a good thing. Every team had a chance to win their way in. I don't think we can ask for more than that.

No idea how that happened. Thanks for pointing it out.

Another way to look at it is that no team that went .500 or better (overall) will miss the playoffs with the lone exception of Mt Pleasant if they win this week.

Also no team that went under .500 in their division will get in.

Another way to look at it is that no team that went .500 or better (overall) will miss the playoffs with the lone exception of Mt Pleasant if they win this week.

Also no team that went under .500 in their division will get in.
Lake will go 5 and 5 and miss the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT