4 Central
5 Howard
6 Sallies
7 Cape
8 St Marks
9 Archmere
10 St Georges

NOT IN ORDER:
Overall: This year I Would disagree with 3A v 2A. Size and depth historically has been what divides them. I don't see it that way this year. Middletown is OK (only using them as the #1). With that said, my thoughts, and since you did not pay for them, you can flush it town the toilet or gather some quality info - either way it is free!

Middletown- they will come across a team that does not make a mistake and they will lose in DE. They will NOT win the Chip this year! I think there are 3 or 4 teams that are growing and getting mature. I take the field vs. Middletown!

Smyrna - Hard to watch that offense. With the speed they have, just hard to watch (get creative). Every big game seems to be a challenge. I still give them a chance, but have very little room for error

Dover - Does there game translate in Nov/Dec? We will see. They can not afford bad penalties at the wrong time, and must win turnover battle, every week. Can they come back on someone?

St. G - Not sure what to say here. I liked them a lot this year, and they lost to an average Sallies team. I think they will learn form this, and upset at least one team in the playoffs if not 2.

Appo - Boy if they can only throw the ball, would they be a pain in the tuchus. Need to learn how to win. Close games but have a hard time closing people out. Very big upfront, but do give up big throws...

Sallies - Simple - not this year. They are winning on reputation and coaching. talent as a whole is ok. I do not see them making a run in playoffs - one and done - sorry homers - 2 years from now they will be back.

Caravel - Physical on both sides of ball - zero depth. Have not won a quality close game in what seems like forever. They will not get blown out. Defense is good and there O is slow enough that they will suck the life out of the clock in a big game. So it comes down to a play or 2 for them. I give them a good chance to make it to the chip

Archmere - Seems like all we do is talk about them on this board (well deserved). They come ready to play every week, but it shows the talent they have lost. They can be beat man on man. They will need to gimmick their D and O - just can not line up and beat you. Do have one of the best players in the state so that helps. Unfortunately I see them taking an L in the semis.

St. Marks - hard to say - have not had their full team in weeks if at all, so far. Talent all over the field. Need more than that to win it all. There line play will determine if they win it all. Archmere and DMA still on the schedule. I give them a good chance, potentially the best in the state. Will wait to see if they gel.

Lake Forest - Lots of speed. Will this translate in the playoffs. Not big up front, but can run like heck all over the field - I give them an out side shot.

Howard - Have ability in key positions but a bit young up front. Skill guys can ball. They will go as far as the QB takes them, Not a lot of depth at this point which is a challenge in a 10 plus game season. Would say they are #1 or #2.

DMA - Missing some pieces to make a big run. Have talent in spot positions, overall, they are a year or 2 away. Will give the above a good game, but can not sustain 4 quarters.

Friends - Have seen only a little this year. From what I have seen, they are small upfront. QB could play tackle for them. They will need to scheme there way to win in the playoffs. I hold judgement until I see more.

Will make Hard Lock Picks by week 8.

True - my bad:
Sussex Central - I will wait until I can see them play this week. Hoping to catch the whole game.
Good Catch

Reactions: 84rider
Regarding Appo their RB McConomy ran the ball 46 times for 146 yds for 3.18 per carry vs MT. Kid took a beating and I bet was pretty sore Saturday. MT was just teeing off at him in the second half just daring Appo to do something different. You can't win like that. You need another option just to make the D honest if not anything.

Lakes better than Laurel and Seaford. You guys see his reasoning for Laurel so high? Oh well they’ve demolished everyone on their schedule including two 2A schools. Tech and Brandywone are bottom barrel 2A teams right now. Everyone is dominating them.

Put SC against Laurel/Seaford combined and SC still starts the second half with a running clock

this forum still has the best and hottest takes for DE HS football 🔥

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Agree overall but in 1A, I am putting Seaford over Laurel. Seaford has some boys down there
well that didn't age well.. ijs

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Woody_Wood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT