ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Game Highlights (Update)

OneJourney

Tackles too high
Sep 10, 2014
Check out these players big play highlight reels from week 5 brought to you by One Journey Productions. To watch each reel, click on the links below and enjoy! Subscribe to my Youtube channel to keep up with my latest videos. More player highlights will be posted tonight and later throughout the week. Stay tuned !!!

Jalin Stanley vs. Newark H.S (Senior LB/G #59, 5'11'' 230lbs, William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKoaSPZy7PA&list=UUyae_8YO8PhIbHiCLJAw4LQ&index=2

Freddie Heard vs. Appo H.S (Senior Dual Threat QB #2, 6'1'' 180lbs, A.I DuPont High School, Wilmington Delaware)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSztAkb_sI&index=1&list=UUyae_8YO8PhIbHiCLJAw4LQ

Myric Rhodes vs. Newark High School (Senior Safety #5, 6'0'' 180lbs, William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_5Ro5MYjDw

Anthony Christopher vs. Appo H.S (Senior RB #11, 6'0'' 190lbs, A.I DuPont High School, Wilmington Delaware)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgE6U2kdpqs

Reggie Carroll vs. Newark H.S (Senior RB/DB/ATH #25, 5'10'' 175, William Penn High School, New Castle Delaware)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ASDVkQkkY&list=UUyae_8YO8PhIbHiCLJAw4LQ

Quadree Henderson vs. Appo H.S (Senior Slot Wide Receiver/DB #10, 5'10'' 180lbs, A.I DuPont High School, Wilmington Delaware, University of Pittsburgh Commit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyghkDKc7lI

Avery Roberts vs. Glasgow H.S (Sophmore LB/RB #11, 6'2'' 215lbs, Concord High School, Wilmington Delaware)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCC70EKqY4&list=UUyae_8YO8PhIbHiCLJAw4LQ

This post was edited on 10/7 7:56 AM by OneJourney

This post was edited on 10/7 9:54 AM by OneJourney

This post was edited on 10/7 11:02 AM by OneJourney

This post was edited on 10/7 11:03 AM by OneJourney

This post was edited on 10/7 11:05 AM by OneJourney

This post was edited on 10/7 11:06 AM by OneJourney

Re: Week 5 Game Highlights

I'm kinda new here but I was under the impression this board was not for the purpose of biased promotion of our children. If I am wrong please let me know cause I have a kid I'd sure like to promote with highlight films but thought it better not to be "that parent" .

@FF

don't worry....

you won't be the first obsessive dad to post....haha

besides, I need some new parents too pick on.....

just saying

One Journey puts together highlights and posts them weekly. He is not a parent of any high school age students.

I posted a highlight of Avery Roberts last year. Before rumors fly, no I am not his parent or relative either. My oldest plays at University of Delaware and my youngest is in Prep School. I just have an eye for talent, and can recognize when someone will be on TV playing on Sundays in the future. As a freshmen, he destroyed the A.I offense last year. That's what got my attention of him. When I saw that Avery Roberts was a 1st Team Flight A All-Conference Selection, I reached out to his trainers at Stay Real and got the film. Take a look at it! VERY impressive not only for a freshmen, but any linebacker!

This post was edited on 10/5 3:33 PM by A.I.Pride

Avery Roberts Freshmen Highlights

@spartakos
No problem with ya'll picking on us new parents , but I hate to let ya down.. I'm not an obsessive dad.....just an obsessive mom. Just saying
chin up champ!!

This post was edited on 10/6 8:38 AM by spartakos

This post was edited on 10/6 8:37 AM by spartakos

OMG...lmfao!

sparty-Fog was right...u aint right!

But nobody can deny your ability to find and post some of the best pics!

Hey Clowns... these kids are paying 30 bucks to have Nigel do their highlight and post it on here.. Show show some class and don't muddy up the One Journey theads with nonsense.. for the kids sake..

Sparty do us a favor and wipe some of that off here as the players will coming here today to check out theirs and their friends HighLights..
This post was edited on 10/6 8:23 AM by ravensrooster2

Originally posted by Jawnsky:
OMG...lmfao!

sparty-Fog was right...u aint right!

But nobody can deny your ability to find and post some of the best pics!
I haven't been checking in much the past couple weeks. I missed whatever Sparty posted. Damn. Happy to see Black Dough back though. He's always good for a chuckle.

Is anyone else getting tired of the AI kid Henderson putting his own highlights on the Internet. Pitt must be stupid there are better Wide-Outs in Delaware if that is where they are looking, just my humble opinion!

If Pitt wants a player to bow out with cramps every time he is not getting his numbers than they recruited the right guy. All-American!

Originally posted by IrishQB#11:
Is anyone else getting tired of the AI kid Henderson putting his own highlights on the Internet. Pitt must be stupid there are better Wide-Outs in Delaware if that is where they are looking, just my humble opinion!
And the cramps thing comments....all I can say is WOW. My guess is you can probably name all those better wide outs. And you may be right...who knows? It happens all the time. That said-Pitt folks obviously see something you do not. You should call them or send them some video. You never know, hell they might hire you!

Tired of what? You have a ridiculously negative attitude as well as a reading comprehension problem.. Its been stated many times that these video's are a weekly feature from "One Journey" that the kids nor their parents post. How did you miss that?

Secondly this is a forum about high school football and about the kids/teams playing it. Why anyone would have a problem with a kid, his parents or anyone posting a video of on the field action is beyond me. Its much better than the negative and off topic nonsense that gets posted here often..

I say if a kid or parent wants to post a video of themselves or their kid playing then do it , knowing the haters and critics will be their to dissect it of course.. Just because this medium didn't exist when we played don't hate on it...

Show me the vids let me see who can ball.. I would much rather watch them than read all the belly aching about how things used to be..

And seriously IrishQB11 hating on a HS kid because he has a college scholarship offer is just low... and sad

This post was edited on 10/9 8:59 PM by ravensrooster2

Well said, RR2. Hopefully, the message will be heard by the other regular posters who jump on the negativity bandwagon as well - especially those who are overtly sarcastic with their comments..and pictures. "Just sayin". Dumbest words in the passive aggressive lexicon .

The attention and interest our DE kids receive athletically should be embraced by all. We should all be psyched when kids are recognized at the next level.

Got the pot stirring!
I have no problem with stirring the pot,, Just choose more appropriate threads in which to do so... IMO the One Journey threads belong to the kids/players.. They paid for it.. They enjoy it.. Us adults should just let the links be posted, watch them if we want, offer any positive comments on the kids if we see something we like... Otherwise refrain or don't watch the vids if its a problem for you... Just my 2 cents... The players/kids should have one thread a week on here to see their peers in action and have some fun with it without all the negativity..

I am pretty sure One Journey as well as the players would just rather the links be posted without any comments. Its not necessary...

This post was edited on 10/9 10:06 PM by ravensrooster2

Agree, RR. No arguments here. But I'm sure you'll find that it's not the kids who are the problem...it's the fossils.

Originally posted by WoodenStick:
Agree, RR. No arguments here. But I'm sure you'll find that it's not the kids who are the problem...it's the fossils.
Exactly ,, Its folks who didn't follow their dream who listened to the small state naysayers or folk who's kids fell into the same trap... Screw that chase your dream, what ever it is and use every avenue you can.. Even if posting a video on here is a .oo1% chance of getting seen by anyone who matters then do it anyway.. Way too much negativity and it stems from people who are unhappy with their lot in life.. Just go for it.. if it doesn't work out the shitty jobs will still be waiting for you..

I rarely mention a student athlete's name during the season. Sometimes I mention their number. I think that there is a problem that folks hero worship athletes then the kid(s) take it for granted that they don't have to study for a math test. But I will come down on the same side as rr and woodenstick on this one. Some people want to take away all of the joy of HS sports.

ravenrooster gets my Spiro Agnew award for "small state naysayers." He reminds me that some people are truly "nattering nabobs of negativism."
This post was edited on 10/10 6:41 AM by Chesdel

@Woodstick

you are a dope lady....

and RR has been drinking koolaid of the month for years...
This post was edited on 10/10 8:59 AM by spartakos

@ Ches....he definitely gets my vote for use of a word in a post on here.....NABOB....WTF??? I had to look that thing up....8 years of college down the drain.....

Ches and Doug hangin' out???
th

I assume that's Doug on the left.....

@jawnsky

haha

you are going to get yelled at by woodstick for not being serious...

just saying

IrishQB#11

Henderson def has some athletic ability, but D-1 wide out? I don't know about that one either. Will be interesting to see if he has an impact to likes of a Tavon Austin at West Va. Austin dominated the Md. ranks, not sure Henderson has had those type of performances, but I would imagine Pitt would use him similar to the ways Austin and other's with that skill set were used. A lot left to be determined with that young man.

This post was edited on 10/10 2:37 PM by WarChant#13

Agreed finally someone with some sense, get's on this site! Sorry Duke Dog love your insight in reference to concession stands! Will keep that in mind!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT