5. Bryan Wynes – Milford
6. Dominique Pierce - Woodbridge

1. Smyrna
2. Sussex Central
3. Milford
4. Caesar Rodney
5. Cape Henlopen

Reactions: spartakos
Thanks for doing them. Never easy. Any reason Muaka is left out even though he beat immediato? I could have missed results. Also Spady beat Goodson last night.

Concord, I was thinking the same thing so I looked it up. Muaka beat Immediato, but he's lost to Norquest, McDonough, and Sebastianelli. All close matches. Looks like that weight class is going to me a scramble.

Hwt is close as well since Carter,Cruz, and Wynes have all had 1 pt decisions versus each other recently.

Concord, I was thinking the same thing so I looked it up. Muaka beat Immediato, but he's lost to Norquest, McDonough, and Sebastianelli. All close matches. Looks like that weight class is going to me a scramble.
Figured I missed a result or two. I think there will be a lot of weight like that this year at states. Not many clear cut favorites!

@mrn...That was quite early in the season so the ranker may not weigh it as heavily based on more recent results.

Lamey may be state finalist at 152, 160, or 170 but I doubt you will see him at 170. He has gone 152 all year (when wrestling) so I think he just took a bump for the team last night. I expect to see him at 152 and would rather not see him at 160. :)

Let me preface my response with this, There is a lot of things going on this season unlike most years. Top kids being let go of teams, unranked kids winning on a consistent bases. I would recommend any and all wrestling fans to be at Cape Henlopen High School February 26th and 27th for the duration. Also I did not anticipate the amount of matches to review when I had the idea of making rankings on a consistent basis. However I've noticed more buzz on my threads and I believe thats simply do to the fact people enjoy other educated individuals inputs opposed to just NSide.
With that being said, On the topic of Marvin Spady; he acquired a lot of bad loses at the beginning of the year and I understand that wrestlers improve however when he had beat Torres he was an unranked wrestler and was only going to receive a decision 7-3 I believe when he got the pin with 1 second remaining on the clock. Also the results were not posted last night while making these of the William Penn and Sussex Tech dual meet.
On Jesse Muaka, I recognize he beat Immediato however I have gone back and forth on trying to decide who to have in the rankings, however as WornDown stated Muaka has those three loses. Stratton has not wrestled McDonough, is 1-2 against Norquest and last Saturday defeated Sebastinelli 7-2 and was very dominant in that match. 126 is by far the deepest weight class in the state and many kids not in these rankings may be standing on that podium come February 27th.
Dalious at 145 is 1-1 with Justin Bennett. IF they wrestled 10 times I honestly believe it would be split 5-5. Bennett is ranked higher simply because he won the last dual meet which means he will receive the higher seed at the conference tournament.
And at 170 Handlin has been subpar even though he did defeat Sudler, who has proven himself these last few weeks, defeating Isaiah Mitchell and Larsen Wilson twice in the same week. In my opinion we may see Lamey at 160 if he is healthy with him weighing in at 160 last night. Sorry youjustme it may be a close one come state finals time.
It has been a very interesting year this season and it is far from over. There are very few weights in which you can simply pencil in a state champion unlike years past. It might not be the next level quality wrestling however it is a very competitive level which can be very fun for the fans. You can anticipate a final updated rankings come Wednesday morning following Dual Team States so stay tuned.

Reactions: youjustme
Appreciate the time and effort. I did it for years relying on the news journal for results. Now with Track and Website4sports it's a little easier but as you said, lots of results to dig through. Rankings are great and cause some discussion but all that matters is results at conferences and the state tournament. I found that coaches really don't care a bit about rankings and it's usually the kids or parents that get upset with them. Take it for what it is and thanks for the effort you and Nside make!

@5swipes...My boy has enough to worry about tomorrow night...one match at a time. I'll call you later though with some thoughts.

I'd feel comfortable "penciling" seven champions in...maybe 3 or 4 of those with ink.
Bold you YJM! I think I'd also go maybe 3 in ink. Also depends who goes where. Sounds like people have Lamey anywhere from 152-170!

Let me preface my response with this, There is a lot of things going on this season unlike most years. Top kids being let go of teams, unranked kids winning on a consistent bases. I would recommend any and all wrestling fans to be at Cape Henlopen High School February 26th and 27th for the duration. Also I did not anticipate the amount of matches to review when I had the idea of making rankings on a consistent basis. However I've noticed more buzz on my threads and I believe thats simply do to the fact people enjoy other educated individuals inputs opposed to just NSide.
With that being said, On the topic of Marvin Spady; he acquired a lot of bad loses at the beginning of the year and I understand that wrestlers improve however when he had beat Torres he was an unranked wrestler and was only going to receive a decision 7-3 I believe when he got the pin with 1 second remaining on the clock. Also the results were not posted last night while making these of the William Penn and Sussex Tech dual meet.
On Jesse Muaka, I recognize he beat Immediato however I have gone back and forth on trying to decide who to have in the rankings, however as WornDown stated Muaka has those three loses. Stratton has not wrestled McDonough, is 1-2 against Norquest and last Saturday defeated Sebastinelli 7-2 and was very dominant in that match. 126 is by far the deepest weight class in the state and many kids not in these rankings may be standing on that podium come February 27th.
Dalious at 145 is 1-1 with Justin Bennett. IF they wrestled 10 times I honestly believe it would be split 5-5. Bennett is ranked higher simply because he won the last dual meet which means he will receive the higher seed at the conference tournament.
And at 170 Handlin has been subpar even though he did defeat Sudler, who has proven himself these last few weeks, defeating Isaiah Mitchell and Larsen Wilson twice in the same week. In my opinion we may see Lamey at 160 if he is healthy with him weighing in at 160 last night. Sorry youjustme it may be a close one come state finals time.
It has been a very interesting year this season and it is far from over. There are very few weights in which you can simply pencil in a state champion unlike years past. It might not be the next level quality wrestling however it is a very competitive level which can be very fun for the fans. You can anticipate a final updated rankings come Wednesday morning following Dual Team States so stay tuned.
Lamey could weigh in at 154.1 to be eligible for 170 the other night and still be able to go 152 next weekend. Also a pin is a pin no matter what the score is or how much time was left on the clock. But I agree very few weights are already decided.

The 195 lber from Caravel Colin Adams is quietly having a great season.. not sure of his exact record but he has done well in tourneys and winning a lot of matches
He lost against Lakes 195 the other night. got pinned in 2nd or 3rd period

The only 4 that I would feel even a little bit comfortable with predicting would be Rosser at 106, Wilson at 160, Medley at 220, & Montgomery at 285. Curious to see where Lamey & Wuest end up. 170 seems to be the most unpredictable. Nothing is guaranteed this year, so many underrated and unpredictable kids. Should make for a great weekend of states.

I like Hayes, Novarnik, and Archangelo as well as those you mentioned silver. My dark horse, "I told you so " wrestler is Norquest at Cape. From a fan of wrestling standpoint, I like the way he gets after it on the mat. One thing about the parity of this year....not only are there multiple people who can win, there are multiple people who expect to win in many wt classes. The sense of "why not me" should translate into some exciting matches and some unexpected results.

I agree with Hayes too. Novarnick is a great wrestler and I "think" he will pull it out but Baum is definitely not out of the equation. Same with Archangelo - I "think" he will pull ahead but Chilson is a very strong contender. I'll be honest, I like it this way. Definitely more exciting knowing that it can be anyone's win on any given day!

I was thinking Hayes, Lamey (at 152) and Medley. All others are obviously favorites but don't see many "locks" if there even is such a thing in wrestling!

@RR
you alright ?
would miss your knowledge if something happened to ya...

just sayin

@RR
you alright ?
would miss your knowledge if something happened to ya...

just sayin

yeah I am ok EKG and blood test came back negative for heart attack... not sure what happened but scared the piss out of me... have to start watching my blood pressure no biggie..they have pills for that lol

yeah I am ok EKG and blood test came back negative for heart attack... not sure what happened but scared the piss out of me... have to start watching my blood pressure no biggie..they have pills for that lol
You'll have to introduce yourself at states RR. I was gonna ask Welch at Mount but was a little crazy all day.

lol he is..there still are such things as multiple sport high school athletes these days..:p

So what is his sport? I heard a lot of chatter about his Baseball skills but never saw it. But is he a Baseball Player or Wrestler? I guess we will see tomorrow and this up coming week what he really is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT