ADVERTISEMENT

2011 predictions?

Oct 7, 2010
the usuals sallies,cape,tower hill, tatnall

hodgson,newark,

appoquinimink is gonna be good this year watch out for them

any thoughts?
This post was edited on 10/8 1:48 PM by newarkdad121

wtf are you talking about ? lacrosse is not split between A and B unless you're refering to the blue hen only. The first 4 you mentioned should be the favorites to reach the semi's. The other 3 won't make the tournament and if they do, won't like it.

I saw appoquinimink play last year. What in the world makes you think anyone will need to "watch out for them" this year? Unless they have a stable of studs that didn't play on the team at all last year, they will get dominated again this year. Nothing against the young men on that team, just silly to say "look out" for anyone who might simply be improving.

I'm sure Sals, Tower Hill are in the running.. how are St. Marks and Concord set for the upcoming season in the upstate teams??

St Marks loses Zuk and McGreevy, their two best players last year. They didnt have much behind that last year. They have a shot at the tournament, i think a lot of teams are rebuilding this year.
Concord has a chance to make the tournament, but will probably lose 1st round.

appo is terrible, newarks alright and hodgson is average at best. bwine concord and mount have key players returning. and the usual private schools will be strong

Archmere is probably going to be the top contender this year next to Sals. With most of there starters returning for thier senior and junior years archmere probably has the best chance of beating any team

In terms of public schools, just throwing it out there, AI is consistently beating Newark,Hodgson, and Brandwyine in Fall League. Just saying.

ai wont be a good team. they arent consistent enough. maybe some upsets but most likely some key losses like last year

ive been to some fall league games and have noticed that seniors Hagenbach, Girtain, Hanna, and Stansbury have stepped there level of play up over the summer. Alot of returning varsity players from last year. Also, recently Taylor their LSM has been doing a tremendous job on the field. I wouldnt be too surprised to see them in the tournament this year.

The AI has a really great team with a great realtionship. They move the ball around defenses, and can score very quickly from about anywhere. The defense is solid, and comminicate very well. I would look for them to make a tournament appearance. Which, for AI, is a pretty rare thing.

are you kidding me ai lacrosse is a complete joke there is no way they can get through any of the top public school power houses like concord brandywine mt. pleasant or william penn or charter ai will always lose to any of those schools

this thread is one of the reasons that i sometimes cant stand this website. Heaven forbid someone who is excited about their team or a team they root for comes on to say positive things, its a matter of hours before some anonymous person comes on to trash a bunch of high school kids. Sallies, TH, and Cape are the top programs in teh state, lets get that out of the way. They have earned their reputations through hard work and dedication. THere are 38 other programs in the state that play lacrosse because they love it so lets celebrate them as well.

Salesianum is loaded every year since Healy and Plewes took the program over 5 or 6 years ago. They are always going to be in the mix. But is there anybody that thought Cape or Tower would beat them in the final? I also believe it will be archmere and salesianum but after what we have seen in the post season over the past couple years is a tight team that gets extra tight in close situtations. I just say start a new thread that doesn't crown the sals. With that being said they are hands down the best team in the state with Blundin, kilpatrick, and that nasty sophmore middy, but an unproven goalie( who seems to be the next in line for great salesianum goalies) but just wait. It's not even Thanksgiving.

i agree with your statement that ai lax will be decent... although they will be better they cant compete with 3x blue hen conference champs charter of wilmington as well as always good competition bwine and concord

Alright that is true but they got stomped by Mt. Pleasant and suffered a loss from caravel there team cant be that good and do not nearly have the depth of concord or mounts team if they can make it past those two teams this year than theyll probably have a tournament appearance but i realy dont think there team will be able to do that concord and mount still have some of there top players and AI has a much weaker schedule than bwine mount or concord

Tatnall is not a threat at all. Austin Beer is their best player who cant even get past a basic sound defense with the instrumental fundamentals. They are weak as a team both on and off the field. Their strongest player can hardly bench 140 lbs. On the other hand, teams like Sallies, Archmere, and Tower Hill are returning strong talented players who take their game to the next level. They are the teams to watch out for because of their hard effort and determination to get back to where they were last year. As a team, leadership is prevelant Kilpatrick, Walker, and Blundin (Sallies), Thomson Bonner and Dibianca(Archmere) and Robino and Leiberman (Tower).

Anyone agree?

Agree ? Agree that you need to get over your failed bromance with Austin Beer, he just wasn't that into you Down. Every year some benchriding wannabe laxer gets on here and craps on some kid because his girlfriend dumped him for someone that can play. Season must be almost here.

sals cape th and mt pl are a lock, tatnall is light on talent , Mckean destroyed newark and appo and lost by a goal or two against hodgson and MT PLSNT, Mckean per lax power had a top 3 in the state defense all year long. St Marks is over rated year in and year out.

"sals cape th and mt pl are a lock," just woke up from a 20 year nap and Mt.Pleasant got so good they are in the same group as the last 3 state champions. That's great cant wait to see such a successful program compete against some of the non "locks". Thanks for the brilliant insight lax pro 85.

Wow a 'wiseguy" on the thread . You sound like a bent out of shape benchwarmer . Back to lax= my daughter plays softball in the pike creek area and Mckean Lacrosse practices on the opposite field. Solid Team that is well coached. They had a lefty that can score from anywere . Very sharpe defense with great D poles . I grew up outside the baltimore area and had a stick in my hand since i was 3. Its simple public school lacrosse has closed the gap with your AAA tier teams ie sals/th/ect .Have a good season players/coaches.........

lax pro, nobody cares where you grew up or where that stick's been since you were 3. What's simple is that public school lacrosse, with the exception of Cape, is inferior to the top private schools and Blue Hen conference teams are not even close. For every public program with 4 really solid players there are 14 @ the top privates. Who did they play with that vaunted McKean defense ? How'd they do vs Sals or TH? Nobody is saying they can't be OK, just don't crown teams "locks" that never play anyone. btw, Kind of funny that McKean is so "well coached" and how much you've watched them practice when today is the first day coaches are permitted to coach....oops
This post was edited on 3/1 11:49 AM by axnq92

These six teams:

Sallies
Tower Hill
Cape
Tatnall
Archmere
Friends

Are a combined 107-6 against the rest of the state the past two years. 5 of those losses are to St Marks (St Marks was 5-8 against this group in 2009-2010), which has traditionally been a top ten team.

These teams only lose to each other and strong out of state opponents like Malvern and Worcester Prep.

"inferior" please , you've been watching too many late night "hitler" b films, get some sleep my man, a big problem is that alot of the upper teams refuse to play Blue Hen Conference teams because its a more physical type of LAX and lets face it there not use to being put on there back,My daughter hasnt had tryout's yet for softball so i have yet to see Mckean practice this year. Face it the gap has closed AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DONT LIKE IT......

Writing in all caps and ignoring the facts that DeLax laid out, still won't change things. Hard to believe any of the top handful "refuse to play Blue Hen Conference teams because its a more physical type of LAX". There hasn't been a really good Blue Hen squad since Brandywine w/ Fratella, Mishaw and Hayes... So all this scouting about the stellar D of McKean and the Lefty shooter of the gods was a last years report, update us on Calvert Hall's 1991 squad next will you.

McKean had a very nice year in 2010 and should be congratulated - but there is big gap between McKean and the top of DE HS lacrosse

First, McKean lost 2 Blue Hen B games, so they did not even dominate their own division

Second, McKean schedules none of the four best teams in the Blue Hen A - Charter, Brandywine, Concord and AI DuPont

Those teams do schedule games against the top DE teams - The results? a combined 1-22 against them the past two years, with the sole win being a one goal victory by a talented Charter team over Tatnall in 2009.

Special credit goes to Brandywine for their regular season schedule toughness - it has probably cost them a playoff spot the past two years.

The gap is actually not getting smaller it is getting larger. A few yers ago CR, Cape, Brandywine, and Middletown were all in the mix. Cape is the only one that is still a legitimate threat. If you are going to talk publics, McKean is not in the conversation, not even a little bit. I am sure all the kids are hardworkers and all the rest but the gap between Sallies/TH/Archmere and McKean/Concord/Mount/AI is not even a conversation.

lax pro 85, please stop talking up Mckean as a power in the state. They might have a good record playing the blue flight B conference but in no way what so ever does that put them near the the top 10 or 15 in the state. And the gap is getting bigger as laxevo stated. dont be like DMA last year and talk yourselves up to getting smacked in the playoffs.

Im talking up all the teams that can play lax and deserve to be in the tournament but year in and year out get snubbed by the POWERS TO BE. Be proud of your MT PL /Mckean /appo / ai /concord . They can all compete with your sals/arch/th/cr ect. THEY JUST DONT GET THE CHANCE .

You are uninformed @ the very least lax pro, in denile or possibly insane. None of those schools are "POWERS TO BE", they are "POWERS THAT ARE" they're not snubbing anyone, they're trying to play a competitive schedule. DMA wiped out the stellar Blue Hen B last year and THEY GOT THE CHANCE to play a 12 seed, how'd that work out for a 1 loss team. If Sallies, TH or Archmere played any of those teams you mentioned for 48 minutes, (not playing the third team or JV in the second half) it's a 20 goal game. Maybe McKean is as good as you say, win the B, get in the tournament, win a game, then get to face a top 4 seed...then you can crawl back under your rock in baltimore, with your stick of course.

When you play only 4 opponents with winning records in 2010, and then win only one of those games, it is not the "Powers that be" that are keeping you out of the playoffs. Two teams you lost to did get in.

With the strict statistical formula used for the tourney, every year 2 or 3 non "Powers that be" get in the tournament. Last year Concord, MtP and DMA all got their shot.

Use DMA 2010 as your guide - win your regular season games and get your chance against the big boys - who "are afraid to play" you - in the playoffs.

The McKean opener against Appo is 15 days away - be careful - they will be much improved in 2011.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT