ADVERTISEMENT

2013 All-State Predictions

My money would be on Sallies - best midline, best defense and goalie with a strong group waiting to rotate in!
Be a great game to see, but still Sallies may be the best in DE state history and I think would win going away.

I don't think there is any question. The results would be similar to those that we've seen all season - another route. When you look at in-state players who created problems for Salesianum, I see just one - Brett Tracy, LSM/D of Friends. Yes, others have scored and played well, but the reality is that most of the scoring came long after Sallies turned off the gas. It was a record season and one for the books. Here's another thought...I think a team of Sals Sophs and Frosh would win the state champ this year. The talent is very strong and puts the school in a good position for some time.

This post was edited on 5/31 6:35 PM by WoodenStick

Sallies will be very strong. Must replace 2 starting midfielders and 2 defenders. Goalie returns and face off man. Faceoff guy had great year was biggest improvement from last years team. Return Kelly and Fink at attack. Witherell played last two games at attack and as a group the attack played their best all year.

Two words: Troy Reeder. If he plays Sallies is in position to make it a four peat with Friebott and Kern anchoring the defense.

POY should be Giampetro. No one in the state played under as much pressure from double teams and long poles on the middie. Also saw his production numbers against the out of state powers, no one can play like he does....no one in DE.

I agree with Hornet. Sean Giampietro, no question. He was targeted all year and because the attack was not as strong, found himself doubled often and always covered by the strongest D middie or pole. Sean emerged as a more complete player and play maker this year. As runner up and, I'd add, unsung hero, is Craig Zebrowki. Craig had an outstanding year at both ends of the field. And, finally, Chase Cowan as the dominant pole. He led a defense that was simply the best the atate has seen. These seniors will be tough to replace. They'll be followed next year by Reeder, Freibott and J Kelly. It's a shame you can only choose one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT