ADVERTISEMENT

2018 State Tournament

138 will be a good one. Latch at 1, Dean (3) and Novarnik (2) on the same side.
Wonder how DIAA got Dean at 3 and Novarnik at 2 considering Dean has a slightly better record and they are 1-1 on the season head to head. Not complaining or anything but this is what other people seem to care SO much about. At the end of the day you should see them both against each other in the semis

Wonder how DIAA got Dean at 3 and Novarnik at 2 considering Dean has a slightly better record and they are 1-1 on the season head to head. Not complaining or anything but this is what other people seem to care SO much about. At the end of the day you should see them both against each other in the semis
I wondered this too, but maybe because Dean lost the latest head to head maybe? If I recall correctly

Reactions: myrealname
Correct me if I am wrong, but Novarnik and Dean have never wrestled each other this season. During State Duals, Dean did not wrestle against St Georges and the two teams never met up during the season nor were in any tournaments together.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Novarnik and Dean have never wrestled each other this season. During State Duals, Dean did not wrestle against St Georges and the two teams never met up during the season nor were in any tournaments together.
I don't believe they have either, so I'm guessing it came down to that win over latch since they don't have a head to head.

Reactions: anon_2etc7zewo6e8d
Correct me if I am wrong, but Novarnik and Dean have never wrestled each other this season.
My apologies. I’m thinking about the Latch Novarnick head to head which is 1-1 which is one more win against Latch than Dean has

Reactions: anon_2etc7zewo6e8d
106- Natarcola
113- Spence
120- Rosser
126- Hayes
132- Stratton
138- Dean
145- Baum
152- Brooks
160- Mayan
170- Schneider
182- Dailey
195- Wuest
220- Thomas
285- Cartwright (upset)

Reactions: TrueBlue16
Anyone know for sure what they use as far as criteria? I’m just curious.

From the DIAA Wrestling page under Wrestling individual Tournament....

Item 2. Tournament Field and Seeding

A. Competition will consist of 16 person championship brackets in each of 14 weight classes according to National Federation rules.

B. Competition in each weight class will consist of the top four place winners in each of the qualifying tournaments (Blue Hen, Henlopen Conference and Independent Schools) and four at large berths.

C. Current weight classes are as follows: 106 lbs 126 lbs 145 lbs 170 lbs 220 lbs 113 lbs 132 lbs 152 lbs 182 lbs 285 lbs 120 lbs 138 lbs 160 lbs 195 lbs

D. Seeding: The Individual State Wrestling Tournament will be seeded by the State Wrestling Committee based on approved criteria that places primary emphasis on the wrestler’s finish in their conference qualifying tournament, head to head competition for the current season, followed by a point system determined by a list of criteria approved by the SWC.

2. The SWC will use Trackwrestling and the seeding criteria to rank all 24 place winners from the qualifying tournaments. Once the top 16 wrestlers from the list of 24 are identified and ranked, they will be seeded under the current seeding process.

3. The top four place winners from each qualifying tournament will be guaranteed a seed, but overall ranking within the top 16 will determine their seed.

4. For the initial seeding, the most that any qualifying tournament can send would be eight representatives. Once the eight representatives from one of the qualifying tournaments are seeded, the remaining representatives from the other qualifying tournaments would be seeded.

5. The SWC will designate the 17th to 24th ranked wrestlers as alternates to be used in case there are scratches. The alternates would be added by the rank order of the committee without regard to the qualifying tournament.

6. If a wrestler scratches, the wrestlers ranked below the scratched wrestler will move up one seed and the alternate becomes the 16th seed. The bracket will then be adjusted.

a. All scratches should be reported as early as possible to allow the alternate wrestlers to prepare. Alternate wrestlers should maintain their weight in case a scratch does occur.

b. All scratches must be reported to the SWC Chair, Buddy Lloyd, by 7:00 PM on Thursday, February 22. Contact information: 302-222-8206 or buddykeene@gmail.com E. Tournament pairings will be determined in accordance with the procedures outlined in Rule 10 of the National Federation of High Schools wrestling rules book. A competitor must be defeated twice in order to be eliminated. The top six place winners will be determined via competition.

106- Natarcola
113- Spence
120- Rosser
126- Fosque
132- Natarcola
138- Dean
145- Baum
152- Brooks
160- Mayan
170- Montgomery
182- Dailey
195- Wuest
220- Diaz
285- Hudson

Reactions: TrueBlue16
106 - Wisnewski
113 - Spence
120 - Primo
126 - Hayes
132 - Stratton
138 - Latch
145 - McDonough
152 - Brooks
160 - Morgan
170 - Montgomery
182 - Daily
195 - Wuest
220 - Thomas
285 - Balback

138 will be a good one. Latch at 1, Dean (3) and Novarnik (2) on the same side.
doesn’t much matter Dean is going to run through Navarnick . Nick Natarcola beat Navarnick pretty bad this year. I don’t see Jackson having any problems winning a second title imo

Reactions: Fightingbluehen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT