ADVERTISEMENT

2024 State Brackets

Yunforce

JV stand out
Jun 1, 2018
Brackets for the state tournament are up on track. Let’s hear some opinions and predictions. I have some questions about a few seeds that I saw so far. When I have time to look through all the brackets I’ll post some thoughts.

38 and 57 seem a bit off. Did Roy or Renauto beat Staats at 57? Did Sheehan or campenelli beat Howard from lake at 38?

38 and 57 seem a bit off. Did Roy or Renauto beat Staats at 57? Did Sheehan or campenelli beat Howard from lake at 38?
I don’t think Sheehan or Campanelli have beaten Howard. But they could have a common opponent win over Howard, which could be a reason why they are seeded over him.

I don’t think Sheehan or Campanelli have beaten Howard. But they could have a common opponent win over Howard, which could be a reason why they are seeded over him.
138- May have come down to state placement from last year.

144- not sure how Rovillard got 4 over both Indy finalists when he lost to Baxley (I3)

285- Rhoades seems high

I thought Davis from Sallies was way under seeded. He was consistently in the Top 5 all season and won his conference. I was thinking he would get a 4 at least.

I think 95% of it is pretty good. I was a bit surprised that for several weights the top half seems significantly less difficult than the bottom. I know its supposed to be but I guess I was not thinking the gap between best and 4th best in some of these weights was seemingly so large. I think Henlopen sent 8 at 150? and the BH champ was seeded 13th? I know theres a general lack of balance but that seems wild. Didnt do a deep dive on head to heads or anything but Shocking. Anyway - Not necessarily winners but guys im very interested in seeing results for; if 25% of these guys win or cause a huge upset and place higher than expected I will be happy.

106 - Zitofsky/Bakhsh
113 - Kubler
120 - Carter Davis
126 - Menickella
132 - Jordan Mills
138 - Howard (I think he should have been OW for henlopen if he wasnt)
144 - Jackson Grandel
150 - Stanley Pete
157 - Everyone. Dolo, Limehouse, Ahmed Staats, Ranauto, Roy... everyone.
165 - Boring choice but Norris. Just very good at what he does.
175 - Cannon, Cannon, and more cannon. I like Boyd as well, but hes seeded too close to Cannon. Cannon/Spoor should go last and charge a separate entry fee if thats the final.
190 - Really Like Gratkowski and Jared Waltz - not sure they can make the dents on the top seeds though.
215 - Hoping to see Eastburn vs Moore in the second round and how they both progress through
285 - Eule, Baynard, Torres, and Rhoades

I thought Davis from Sallies was way under seeded. He was consistently in the Top 5 all season and won his conference. I was thinking he would get a 4 at least.
I think 7 is low as well but it might be due to him wrestling 113 all year and bumping up at the end of the year. And I do think that the top 4 is right Henlopen was a moster for 120 this year. If Lucian and Bellarin stayed I think it would have shook out differently

Reactions: givemethree
What's a prediction on the number of champs north vs south based on semi match ups

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT