ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Season Predictions/Thoughts

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
If we have a season, this is going to be as wide open as it gets as there's no real clear cut favorite, but a lot of talented teams in the mix. Who do you think wins it all if the season goes as planned? Conrad's my early favorite, but Caravel's loaded with talent and of course you can't count out Sanford/St. E/Ursuline. If DIAA sticks to 24 teams in, here's my prediction of who makes it from where

Flight A

St. Georges
Appo
Delcastle

Flight B

Howard
Brandywine

Henlopen North

CR
Cape
Dover
Central

Henlopen South

Woodbridge
Laurel
Lake Forest

Independent

Sanford
Tatnall
Tower Hill
Friends

Catholic

St. E
Ursuline

Diamond State

Conrad
Archmere
Wilmington Charter
Newark Charter

Non-Conference

Caravel
Delmarva Christian

Last edited:
Reactions: lbuzz29
Great list.

If we have a season, this is going to be as wide open as it gets as there's no real clear cut favorite, but a lot of talented teams in the mix. Who do you think wins it all if the season goes as planned? Conrad's my early favorite, but Caravel's loaded with talent and of course you can't count out Sanford/St. E/Ursuline. If DIAA sticks to 24 teams in, here's my prediction of who makes it from where

Flight A

St. Georges
Appo
Delcastle

Flight B

Howard
Brandywine

Henlopen North

CR
Cape
Dover
Central

Henlopen South

Woodbridge
Laurel
Lake Forest

Independent

Sanford
Tatnall
Tower Hill
Friends

Catholic

St. E
Ursuline

Diamond State

Conrad
Archmere
Wilmington Charter
Newark Charter

Non-Conference

Caravel
Delmarva Christian

Very few teams have rosters posted, so that always makes this somewhat tricky. I think Conrad will miss Faville more than people realize. They are going to rely on Kulesza and Whittlesey, which is 2 more Division I players than most teams have, but one of the Glanz sisters is going to have to step up.

Pretty good list of contenders, but I don't think Tower Hill is going to participate in the tournament. The Hillers currently have just 8 games scheduled, under the minimum required for eligibility. Caitlin Smith is back, but Reese Mullins, their best forward, is not on the roster.

Howard could get in, but depending on who returns, I also like A.I. out of Flight B. I also think St. Mark's could get in. I know their lone senior from last year was about 75% of their scoring, but all of those kids have a year of experience under their belts. And Jim Freel is a helluva coach. Cape should get in, but their bench did not play a ton last year (and why would they with that starting five?). But Pat Woods is a great coach, and I expect the Vikings to be in.

Sanford, with Kilgoe, Carroll and Pierce, will be tough, and you can never count out St. Elizabeth. But I think Caravel is the team to beat right now. The Bucs, Sanford, Vikings and Conrad are my early final four, with Ursuline knocking on the door.

There was a lot of basketball played yesterday. The schools did a great job live-streaming almost all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT