2020 Joe Sheets, Salesianum, Columbia
2020 Adam Slavin, Caravel, Goldey-Beacom
2020 Logan Strauss, Smyrna, Virginia Wesleyan
2020 Adam Tommer, Concord, Salisbury
2020 Nate Turner, Dover, Wilmington
2020 Dominic Velazquez, Dover, UD
2020 Jarrett Weglarz, Appo, UD

Last edited:
As baseball conferences go , the CAA isn’t very competitive, these programs are actually mid majors , not major D1 programs , it’s a completely different level.

Last edited:
Kevin Keister's dad was a star at UD. His son going to Maryland is interesting. Maybe the kid projects as a signable (unsure if this is word) player.

Then, again, Mike Trout's dad was a star at UD. Somehow, I am not smart enough to make a point on this. Somebody help.

Jack Nielsen, Archmere Academy, East Stroudsburg University
Jake Fallers, Archmere Academy, Washington College

Delaware Tech Commits
Ryan Insley, William Penn
Vonnie Toppin, Sussex Central
Robert Baxley, Cape Henlopen
Jayden Wolford, CR
Dwayne Graham, CR
Wade Brooks, Lake Forest
Jordan Banning, Sussex Central
Michael Briggs, Delmarva Christian
Chase Hall, Indian River
Rob Frazier, Polytech
Joe Carpenter, CR

Last edited:
Reactions: TouchThemAll
Delaware Tech Commits
Ryan Insley, William Penn
Avery Dabney, Dover
Vonnie Toppin, Sussex Central
Robert Baxley, Cape Henlopen
Tyler Jenkins, First State Military
Jayden Wolford, CR
Dwayne Graham, CR
Wade Brooks, Lake Forest
Jordan Banning, Sussex Central
Logan Hellens, Sussex Central
Michael Briggs, Delmarva Christian
Wyatt Minner, DMA
Chase Hall, Indian River
Nick Sipe, CR
Rob Frazier, Polytech
Layne Bell, Smyrna
Joe Carpenter, CR
Aaron Burtelle, Seaford
Which DelTech campus are you referring to?

UD needs to
Some would say they do too much recruiting in-state. 18 out 36 on the fall roster are from Delaware.
UD needs to get better at keep some of the studs that are heading to the Virginia's, Maryland, Wake ... etc! Hannah did a great job keeping some big time players in DE during the 80's and nearly 90s. Sherm is doing a good job getting Homegrown players but losing the studs in my opinion. I do like seeing Rigby sign with the Hens. Hes gonna be a pretty darn good one when he leaves in a few years for the draft. He can play at a lot of bigger schools and excited to be able to see him play in Newark.

Reactions: 84rider
Cape Gelof to Virgina by far best commit on this list..
No doubt! Has a legitimate shot at going high in Draft in few years if stays healthy. One of better players downstate in years and If I were Sherman I wouldve thrown everything I could at him to get him up in Newark.

No doubt! Has a legitimate shot at going high in Draft in few years if stays healthy. One of better players downstate in years and If I were Sherman I wouldve thrown everything I could at him to get him up in Newark.
not even close to his brother still a good player wont see playing time there

Two great young players, I hope they both make it to the big show !!!! Immense talent must come from the Mrs lol

Reactions: Agelof
like i said he wont get playing time only kid on team with less then 2 ab

wrongaboutsports .... you remind me of that Abraham Lincoln - Quote - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Your post is wrong at many levels and makes it clear you know very little about baseball, college baseball, UVA or talent assessment. When you make all these anonymous strong negative takes that invariably play out to be incorrect do you ever own up to them? Or do you rely on same cowardice anonymity that allows you to voice them? I assume you must be a big fit guy in real life to go around calling out peoples kids and calling people’s wives ugly.
You famously opined Cape was going to lose their first playoff game the year they won it all. Man you called that one.

This “see he’s only kid with 2 ABs” do you even know how many players a D1 team carries ? How many kids travel ? What Covid created for 2021 rosters ? You realize how completely stupid that “told you so” is? That’s what’s sad you are so baseball illiterate you don’t.

So by UVA’s 14th game Jake has started his second consecutive game (after being one of this only 2 freshman in a 13 recruiting class to travel and play) replacing last year’s freshman national all american second baseman.

So it seems you should change your tag name to always wrongabout sports.

Last edited:

wrongaboutsports .... you remind me of that Abraham Lincoln - Quote - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Your post is wrong at many levels and makes it clear you know very little about baseball, college baseball, UVA or talent assessment. When you make all these anonymous strong negative takes that invariably play out to be incorrect do you ever own up to them? Or do you rely on same cowardice anonymity that allows you to voice them? I assume you must be a big fit guy in real life to go around calling out peoples kids and calling people’s wives ugly.
You famously opined Cape was going to lose their first playoff game the year they won it all. Man you called that one.

This “see he’s only kid with 2 ABs” do you even know how many players a D1 team carries ? How many kids travel ? What Covid created for 2021 rosters ? You realize how completely stupid that “told you so” is? That’s what’s sad you are so baseball illiterate you don’t.

So by UVA’s 14th game Jake has started his second consecutive game (after being one of this only 2 freshman in a 13 recruiting class to travel and play) replacing last year’s freshman national all american second baseman.

So it seems you should change your tag name to always wrongabout sports.
relax dad stop trying to live your dream though your kids let them be you got 2 good ball players Lavar Ball and that came from some of your close friends

relax dad stop trying to live your dream though your kids let them be you got 2 good ball players Lavar Ball and that came from some of your close friends

[/QUOTE]

You coulda just said “my bad”, apologized or acknowledged you were wrong or made a stupid remark. No thanks on the life advice from a troll who likes to pick on kids and has no self awareness. I assure you I am very content in life. Pointing out your loser-like actions is relaxing and in fact very easy. If my “good friends” need to communicate with me they contact me directly ... kinda the definition of the phrase. But hey you got me “Lavar Ball” that’s hilarious ... gonna leave a mark, those shoes really did suck. Can’t believe you found out I brag that I coulda beat Jordan in my prime (Sparks with a big maybe.) Since you’ve moved on from going after defenseless kids and wives ... we can both call it a win .. we’re all good.

I would hope this would die now so we can turn this message boards full attention to all the bad-ass ballers and story lines in this year’s DE HS season. Fingers crossed we get fans permitted soon. Already Cape looks deep, very talented and balanced. I have to say seeing the Cape kids in unis, the way they look and performed against Milford ... feels very familiar. The names have changed but I watched video of #11 (Josh Reinhold) rip a double ... saw his stats on the mound ... Looked as good as any Cape player any year since I’ve been following last 25 years. Change the date and names ... just role to role and every Cape player on the 2018 Champ team in those similar roles would be ecstatic off that opening day win. Not to get greedy but I like the way the State would have to start looking at Cape with another title given that ultra close (last game played) loss to Appo in their 2019 title run.

Speaking of Appo .. looking forward to a time when fans are allowed so I can see Appo & Lorenzo Carrier (who maybe the best HS player to come thru DE in decades ... back to Fraley at least.) I hope people appreciate that Carrier has potential to be the best player to come out of DE and we finally get to see him on the diamond. Kid has exceeded the hype for me at every chance so far ... no small feat. Selfishly i hope he decides to play at Miami & the ACC but I expect he will have lot of $ to turn down to go. I am also excited to watch Sussex Tech’s Jason Shockley catch & hit. April 15th date is already circled on calendar hoping fans allowed for Tech v. Cape game. Think that’s going to be one of the best games of the year. I wonder what Dover studs are gonna pop out .. because every year they do ... that program is enjoyable to follow as they do everything right. Seems like a good year for the Henlopen Conference.

Curious if the upstate private school level of dominance has taken a major step back or everything still goes thru St.Mark’s & Salies. I always know less about their rosters but every year I pick up a few additional kids that impress me and go on to play in college. I like gaining those DE dudes to follow and root for ... gives me joy to get DE faces offs on college ballparks. Back to this year in HS season .. we used to only know a time when “take those upstate private school programs over the field” was a safe bet. I think that’s done but man they are tough to kill. If a public school wins another title and we don’t see those upstate privates ... is it time to ring the bell?

Other misc thoughts .. Conrad and Sussex Central have a couple great arms I hope to see pitch & very curious how much they developed in such a long break since last time I saw them. They had potential to be DE HS dominant and go long way to carry a team. I am sure I am missing kids. Last year really hurt not seeing our DE baseball in action ... but I think this shapes up to be an epic year of DE HS talent.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: 89FanGuy
Agelof, great responses! Have to say I enjoyed watching your boys compete in delhs games. Great ballplayers for sure. I hope everyone can appreciate and celebrate great players in the first state that go on to play at all levels. It is not an easy task by any means. If the young players today looked up to the Gelof brothers they sure would be setting themselves up for future success. Having three boys play up north they always wanted a shot playing against great players like yours. I wanted them all to do well except when they played my sons' team...lol We need to continue to celebrate the talent in the state!

Wishing yours and all those that put the cleats on a safe and healthy season!

Quintin Ivy is having a great season at Wilm U, finished a 4 game series in Wilson NC with three HR’s, one was a 400 plus foot bomb

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT