ADVERTISEMENT

2021 DIAA Softball State Tournament Bracket

89FanGuy

Water boy
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2019

v5%20DIAA%20Softball%20print%20bracket%205.16.21.pdf

A final four with Layfield, Dixon, Frost and Walter pitching is possible. This should be a fun tournament.

Just my opinions...

Someone was smiling down on Smyrna with the 5 seed. Lost to Sussex Tech, Appo, and Red Lion recently, and all have a better winning percentage than Smyrna, yet are all lower seeds?

Delmarva Christian way too high.

Sussex Central gets the 1 seed, and will have to face a good Padua team in the second round, and the Appo/Red Lion winner after that - and that's to get to the semi-final. Smyrna (5 seed) gets Concord/Newark Charter winner (I believe Padua to be better than both) and then likely Laurel (or possibly St. Mark's if their pitcher is healthy). Much easier road for Smyrna.

Just my opinions...

Someone was smiling down on Smyrna with the 5 seed. Lost to Sussex Tech, Appo, and Red Lion recently, and all have a better winning percentage than Smyrna, yet are all lower seeds?

Delmarva Christian way too high.

Sussex Central gets the 1 seed, and will have to face a good Padua team in the second round, and the Appo/Red Lion winner after that - and that's to get to the semi-final. Smyrna (5 seed) gets Concord/Newark Charter winner (I believe Padua to be better than both) and then likely Laurel (or possibly St. Mark's if their pitcher is healthy). Much easier road for Smyrna.

Laurel and St. Mark's both have pretty good young pitchers that could keep them in a game vs. Smyrna. That inconsistent Eagle offense needs to put it together for an extended run. Caravel's road to the Final Four is paved with gold - Sussex Tech can beat them, but outside of that, it'd be a major upset if they lost to Penn/Seaford.

Laurel and St. Mark's both have pretty good young pitchers that could keep them in a game vs. Smyrna. That inconsistent Eagle offense needs to put it together for an extended run. Caravel's road to the Final Four is paved with gold - Sussex Tech can beat them, but outside of that, it'd be a major upset if they lost to Penn/Seaford.
Problem with St. Mark's will be offense. Their pitcher is about it. Take her bat away and you only need a run or two. Without her they only beat Delcastle 4-2. That speaks volumes as to how one player can affect a team's chances.
Agree that Smyrna's offense has been inconsistent, and Dixon doesn't seem to be as dominate as she was two years ago.
Seaford gave Caravel a game earlier in the year. That's the same situation you mentioned. If Evans is on her game, they have a shot. I've seen Seaford play. They're not bad. I'm surprised they only went 10-7.
I'm not so sure Sussex Tech gets by Middletown. Middletown has a better pitcher and their offense has been a lot better later in the season. They put up some good numbers against Dowdy yesterday and I think she's better than Tech's pitching. Tech's offense is certainly better than Dover's. I think that should be a really good game.

Unless they have graduation or prom, both Red Lion and Caravel should be hosting prime-time games on Saturday.

Problem with St. Mark's will be offense. Their pitcher is about it. Take her bat away and you only need a run or two. Without her they only beat Delcastle 4-2. That speaks volumes as to how one player can affect a team's chances.
Agree that Smyrna's offense has been inconsistent, and Dixon doesn't seem to be as dominate as she was two years ago.
Seaford gave Caravel a game earlier in the year. That's the same situation you mentioned. If Evans is on her game, they have a shot. I've seen Seaford play. They're not bad. I'm surprised they only went 10-7.
I'm not so sure Sussex Tech gets by Middletown. Middletown has a better pitcher and their offense has been a lot better later in the season. They put up some good numbers against Dowdy yesterday and I think she's better than Tech's pitching. Tech's offense is certainly better than Dover's. I think that should be a really good game.

You called it, a football game broke out at Tech. Smyrna was lucky to squeak by Newark Charter and Caravel took care of Seaford pretty quickly.

Smyrna finally ran out of gas against Laurel, nice for the young Bulldogs to get to the semis, but Central looks absolutely unbeatable right now. That DMA/Caravel semi might be an all-timer.

Reactions: proudscfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT