ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Schedules forming

Coming from someone who’s close the the situation, I can tell you for a fact that Mtown won’t schedule down unless they absolutely have too. They are currently in talks with some powers in Maryland and PA. To finish their schedule to keep their points (if any) straight. That was the plan from the beginning if the other 3A schools wouldn’t step up. Expect a big announcement soon on a out of state power for the Cavs

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Shine with 11 teams in 3A it was already set up for everybody to play everyone in 3A.. 10 games .. simple stuff and no one can complain about schedules or equity because they all play the same schedule . I have no idea why they didn't just do that. Doesn't make sense to me.

Unless it was Howard again and not wanting to give up their rivalry with HVT.. or Smyrna being dead set on flexing themselves vs a national power. etc.. who knows
Let me start off by saying I could be dead wrong so just tell me if I am. If there are 11 teams, wouldn’t 1 team be on a bye every week.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Let me start off by saying I could be dead wrong so just tell me if I am. If there are 11 teams, wouldn’t 1 team be on a bye every week.

SBLA Diamond, that is mathematically correct. To have all 11 teams play each other once you would need one team to have a bye week every week. Therefore, you would need 11 weeks to play the 10 game schedule. Good catch.

you're correct.. I am old.. more proof only having 11 sucks lol

but yeah you could take the 11 weeks to play with the byes and only have 4 make the playoffs and still be done in 13 weeks.. or you could play everyone in 3A but 1 team and a 1 week open for OOS or 2A.. I think 😳

ugghh should be at least 14 in 3A.. 6 games in your division and 4 open to schedule cross division 3A, OOS or 2A if you wish.. only 11 3A teams is a joke. I'll stand by that

Last edited:
Coming from someone who’s close the the situation, I can tell you for a fact that Mtown won’t schedule down unless they absolutely have too. They are currently in talks with some powers in Maryland and PA. To finish their schedule to keep their points (if any) straight. That was the plan from the beginning if the other 3A schools wouldn’t step up. Expect a big announcement soon on a out of state power for the Cavs
I am glad to hear they are not scheduling down. Can’t wait to see the schedule. I will be rooting for them and Smyrna. Hopefully they end up in the chip together. MTown has a lot coming back. Just a little unsure of the RB position.

I am glad to hear they are not scheduling down. Can’t wait to see the schedule. I will be rooting for them and Smyrna. Hopefully they end up in the chip together. MTown has a lot coming back. Just a little unsure of the RB position.

Smyrna might have the toughest schedule I can remember a DE team having. Two very strong OOS games and Mtown, Sallies, St G and Appo out of conference.. really the only top team missing is HVT. It will be interesting to see what MT comes up with

Smyrna HS Varsity Football 2021/2022

#​
Date​
Day​
TimeOpponentH/ALocationCommentsW/LScore
1​

9/4/21​
Sat​
Bergen Catholic HS (NJ)
A​
Bergen Catholic HS (NJ)
2​

9/10/21​
Fri​
7:00pm​
Arundel HS (MD)
H​
Smyrna HS
3​
9/17/21​
Fri​
Middletown HS
H​
Smyrna HS
4​
9/24/21​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
H​
Smyrna HS
5​
10/1/21​
Fri​
Sussex Central HS
A​
Sussex Central HS
6​
10/9/21​
Sat​
12:00pm​
St. Georges Tech HS
A​
St. Georges Tech HS
7​
10/22/21​
Fri​
Dover HS
H​
Smyrna HS
8​
10/29/21​
Fri​
Salesianum School
A​
Salesianum HS
9​
11/5/21​
Fri​
Appoquinimink HS
H​
Smyrna HS
10​
11/12/21​
Fri​
Cape Henlopen HS
A​
Cape Henlopen HS - Legends Stadium

Last edited:
Dover scheduled pretty strong as well.. basically the same schedule as Smyrna but swapping Bergen Catholic with HVT. Obviously BC makes Smyrna's stronger but still a strong schedule for Dover

Dover HS Varsity Football 2021/2022
#​
Date​
Day​
1​
9/3/21​
Fri​
Arundel HS (MD)
A​
Arundel HS (MD)
2​
9/10/21​
Fri​
Hodgson Vo-Tech
H​
Dover HS
3​
9/18/21​
Sat​
St. Georges Tech HS
A​
St. Georges Tech HS
4​
9/24/21​
Fri​
Cape Henlopen HS
H​
Dover HS
5​
10/1/21​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
A​
Caesar Rodney HS - Rider Stadium
6​

10/8/21​
Fri​
Appoquinimink HS
A​
Appoquinimink HS
7​
10/15/21​
Fri​
Sussex Central HS
H​
Dover HS
8​
10/22/21​
Fri​
Smyrna HS
A​
Smyrna HS
9​
10/29/21​
Fri​
William Penn HS
H​
Dover HS
10​
11/5/21​
Fri​
Salesianum School
H​
Dover HS

Using the old formula with points. Are Bergen Catholic or Anne Arundel a D1 school?
is there any team just over PA line like a Kennett or a Delco team that would be considered a D1 and would play a Mtown or Sallies.
I remember Saint Mark’s playing Kennett a few years back

Using the old formula with points. Are Bergen Catholic or Anne Arundel a D1 school?
is there any team just over PA line like a Kennett or a Delco team that would be considered a D1 and would play a Mtown or Sallies.
I remember Saint Mark’s playing Kennett a few years back

Easily.. Arundel is/was a perennial 4A playoff team that just got dropped to 3A but barely by like 5 students.. Their enrolment is around 1800-1900. BC is around 700 all males which equated to 1400 enrollment for classification.

Most those public school teams in Delco or say like a Oxford are D1 here.. Interboro in the past has had no problem scheduling good DE teams. Downingtown also

Pearson returns as the Running back. He started last year just about every game but the championship because Ben Martin was sidelined with a nagging injury. There’s also a newcomer (don’t know his name) who I was told is just pretty good too. Just waiting on some practices so I can see for myself

Dover scheduled pretty strong as well.. basically the same schedule as Smyrna but swapping Bergen Catholic with HVT. Obviously BC makes Smyrna's stronger but still a strong schedule for Dover

Dover HS Varsity Football 2021/2022
#​
Date​
Day​
1​
9/3/21​
Fri​
Arundel HS (MD)
A​
Arundel HS (MD)
2​
9/10/21​
Fri​
Hodgson Vo-Tech
H​
Dover HS
3​
9/18/21​
Sat​
St. Georges Tech HS
A​
St. Georges Tech HS
4​
9/24/21​
Fri​
Cape Henlopen HS
H​
Dover HS
5​
10/1/21​
Fri​
Caesar Rodney HS
A​
Caesar Rodney HS - Rider Stadium
6​

10/8/21​
Fri​
Appoquinimink HS
A​
Appoquinimink HS
7​
10/15/21​
Fri​
Sussex Central HS
H​
Dover HS
8​
10/22/21​
Fri​
Smyrna HS
A​
Smyrna HS
9​
10/29/21​
Fri​
William Penn HS
H​
Dover HS
10​
11/5/21​
Fri​
Salesianum School
H​
Dover HS
That is a brutal schedule. I know there are a ton of kids at the school and some pretty good athletes. Just not sure if they are ready for that meat grinder. Kudos to them for scheduling those teams.

These schedules under the new system obviously do away with the old conferences, which leads me to the following questions: Does anyone know if any groups will qualify as a conference? If not, does that mean there are no more automatic berths in the playoffs, and all teams will qualify by points? Just curious.

These schedules under the new system obviously do away with the old conferences, which leads me to the following questions: Does anyone know if any groups will qualify as a conference? If not, does that mean there are no more automatic berths in the playoffs, and all teams will qualify by points? Just curious.
I am not sure they decided yet. I think the committee that decides is made up of some football coaches. Which is a bit trivial since the schedule is already made up and some of those decisions may be effected by that. It just opens up many questions.

The football committee has been tasked to come up with qualifications. It was said several times during the years long discussion was that for the 2 years conferences would come into play. But in the final meeting that specific point was not discussed.

Big S now at 9 games...it looks like DIAA is allowing for an 11 week season to play 10 games....

Sallies @ Cape 9/3

Sallies @ Appo 11/12

Last edited:
I wanna pull the “inner” bummy and say it’s about the bus rides. Sallies already has to travel to Cape, and might not wanna travel to Central, but they’ve traveled much farther. So maybe Central doesn’t wanna have to drive to Wilmington but they are already traveling to Hodgson and Middletown. So who knows what the hold up is.

At this point I think they are just happy to have a 9th game. Since everyone makes the playoffs in 3A, I like it. I always play up if you can

You don’t gotta tell me that. I remember it like it was yesterday. We all flew down, ready to have a good time. Then after 1st qt. Ended 7-7. Then from there on out it was exhaustion and injuries. Came back struggled a little with Concord, lost to Hodgson and wasn’t the same. Let’s just hope it don’t happen again.

Sals and Central’s 2021 schedule now complete. Sussex Central visits Salesianum on 9/10. That means every DE AAA team is scheduling the Sals. Nobody is ducking the Big S anymore. They are ducking Smyrna and Middletown.

When was the last time Sallies has had an all Delaware schedule?

Appo adds Conwell-Egan Catholic (PA) being played at Caravel 9/11 . That leaves just Middletown looking for a 10th game

Middletown rarely ever has an OOS game this year they may have 3

Middletown's OOS history since 2007

2007 vs Boyertown (PA) won 42-15
2008 vs Dematha (MD) lost 0-37
2017 vs Upper Darby (PA) won 27-14
2018 vs IMG (FL) lost 7-52

Last edited:
“When was the last time Sallies has had an all Delaware schedule?”

I don‘t remember the Big S ever having an all in state FB schedule.

Another question is now that we have an 11 team 3A grouping...how many teams are not playing every team in the grouping. I know the Hodgson-Howard game is a tradition. What old Hennie North teams are avoiding the Cavs?

At this time, I still see this as a big improvement...

Agreed! There wasn’t a school instate that could have competed with the schools they lost too those years. Maybe Downingtown in 2006, but they were always formidable

Just for shits and giggles Calpreps “project a matchup” has Sallies winning 21-20. So it would have been entertaining for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT