ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dillon Walker All-State

Nice job with the video Laxative. I would have liked to have seen the result of some of the passes # 4 made though. Also, since there was only 3 minutes of action, who was guarding # 4 when he scored his 3 or 4 goals? I was at the game and I thought # 4 did a nice job. Not sure why you feel the need to attempt to denegrate such a fine player by showing clips out of context. I will reiterate my feeling that I have not seen a lot of the down state players this year but I "have" seen most of the best upstate players and I would not complain if # 4 made one of the all state teams.

i think walker is a good role player, but i dont think he should get allstate this year, but probably next year

still think he should be all state. hes the best play maker on the best team in the state.

Re: Role Player

This debate is way too simplistic. You cannot evaluate a player based on how he did 1 v 1 against a certain defender. A good team (like Sallies) keeps passing to find a high % shot - I can't recall anyone on Sallies in the playoff game against Friends dodging and then shooting.

Tower Hill is the same way - I saw them play 6-7 times, and I can count on one hand the # of times I saw Robino beat someone and then shoot, but I remember 15-20+ great passes from him to the crease and pass combinations that led to goals without any individual stats. I saw the same type of thing from Tatnall, Archmere and Friends (I think Eric Kelly would have 100 assists on Sallies). The teams where the main guy takes it the whole way may have more highlight reels, but they also have 5-10X more turnovers/saved shots.

All-State selections are an almost impossible task - the teammates around you play a huge role. No offense to anyone on Sallies, but the top guys from Archmere, Tatnall, Friends, Charter, etc. would also thrive in that system.

For All-State, you have to make some combination of how good the player's team is with how important he is to the team's offense/defense. If you look at previous year's selections, that is the way it usually works out -

If that video posted was supposed to make dillon walker look bad then your a complete dumbass. the pole (probably you) didnt do anything against dillon and showed no defensive skill whatsoever. several times he actually beat him, drew the slide and moved the ball, which every attackmen is supposed to do. the fact that you took the time the day after the game to edit and post that video is sad. you need to grow up

pettit from tower is a really good sophomore, i was impressed with his play today. walker did pretty good as well. it'll be interesting to see how they continue to develop through high school as players.

what i dont understand is how people can think that dillon walker is sallies best attackmen. first off, blundin is way better then him, and he draws the best longstick from the opposing team. second off, ive seen sallies play 4 times and not once did they send dillon to x to dogde in a settled situation, they sent #28,#8, #25,and #19 most of the time. he gets most of his assists from man up, and most of his goals on transition plays or unsettled situations. he is a very good role player on a good team, but i could think of a handfull of attackmen that create for themselves as well as being a role player. so i would not pick dillion for allstate this year

Your an idiot. Straight up. You don't have any clue what your talking about.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

so your saying dillon walker is better then andrew blundin, and that dillon creates alot of opportunitys for himself? if you think he does then your clearly the idiot

Dillion Walker is a solid and he is a true attackmen. He created most of the Sals offense blundin got a lot of the goals he had from dwalk and the middies he just has a shot Dwalk should get at least second team

i dont know what game your watching saying the dillon created most of sallies offense. the biggest play maker they have is blundin, and then second i would say that #28 freshmen, he dogdes alot for sallies

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT