ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round Games Thursday night - post results here

Dropping 3's

All-Conference
Jan 7, 2009
2nd round boys basketball games (Thursday at 7pm)

#17 Laurel at #1 Salesianum
#9 Dover at #8 Middletown
#13 Smyrna at #4 Howard
#21 CR at #5 Sanford
#18 St Andrews at #2 Caravel
#10 Seaford at #7 Appo
#19 Delmar at #3 Tower Hill
#22 St Mark's at #6 WPenn

2nd round boys basketball games (Thursday at 7pm)

#17 Laurel at #1 Salesianum
#9 Dover at #8 Middletown
#13 Smyrna at #4 Howard
#21 CR at #5 Sanford
#18 St Andrews at #2 Caravel
#10 Seaford at #7 Appo
#19 Delmar at #3 Tower Hill
#22 St Mark's at #6 WPenn
Is it possible that not only do the games sell out. Then there is no live stream.
I think I am going to have someone face time these games. The NFHS or whatever it’s called does not have all the games. They get my money but can’t get me my games. I don’t know why I am shocked. It’s Delaware at its finest. Last rant. Everyone talks about little DE stepping up. Across all sports. I am for it. When are they going to start doing it with little things like this. It’s 2022 all. Not 1922

Reactions: 8yaz
Is it possible that not only do the games sell out. Then there is no live stream.
I think I am going to have someone face time these games. The NFHS or whatever it’s called does not have all the games. They get my money but can’t get me my games. I don’t know why I am shocked. It’s Delaware at its finest. Last rant. Everyone talks about little DE stepping up. Across all sports. I am for it. When are they going to start doing it with little things like this. It’s 2022 all. Not 1922
Stand corrected. Found it. YouTube game. Still don’t take back comment. Stubborn like that…kidding. My bad

Anyone see the Dover game, they seem to be on a mission. Should be a good one Saturday against Sallies
I was at the Dover/Middletown game, it seemed like Dover took the hearts right out of Middletown’s chests. The football player #33 Elijah Sessoms is a man on that low block & Harrell got whatever he wanted. Quote of the night from this oldhead from Middletown was “This is supposed to be Middletown’s gym & they let Dover turn it into their home game.”.

Sanford beat CR 55-48. Lots of missed opportunities for both. But given that 3 home teams lost, survive and advance is good enough for the Warriors tonight.

61-31 Seaford.
Seaford looked unbeatable tonight. They did everything well all night, and they did it without Tyrese Fortune! They were certainly impressive and fun to watch. Many weapons all over the court!

St. Andrews/ Carvel score what!!!
St. Andrew's looked good in their final two regular season games versus Sanford (1W, 1L)- it's anyone's year. Sanford beat Caravel by 6 midseason... any given night probably 12 teams could beat or lose to any of the other 12.

If Tyrese Fortune is out for an extended period of time, not sure if Seaford has the easiest road to the title. As much as I like them against St. Andrew's, this is the 2nd time in 3 years St. Andrew's has jumped up from the 18th spot and bit teams in the butt. And I still think Tower has the athleticism to hang with them, so if they can get past St. Mark's, that'll be an intriguing rematch.

Dover meanwhile has a point to prove and it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up winning the whole thing.

A 2 seed taken out by an 18 seed? So much for strength of schedule.
I'm pretty sure St. Andrew's was the #18 seed a couple years ago when they ran off 3 straight tournament wins to reach the semis, including a win at #2 William Penn before the tournament was ended because of COVID. That has to do a lot for your confidence coming into the tournament & starting off with 2 more wins on the road once again.

If Tyrese Fortune is out for an extended period of time, not sure if Seaford has the easiest road to the title. As much as I like them against St. Andrew's, this is the 2nd time in 3 years St. Andrew's has jumped up from the 18th spot and bit teams in the butt. And I still think Tower has the athleticism to hang with them, so if they can get past St. Mark's, that'll be an intriguing rematch.

Dover meanwhile has a point to prove and it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up winning the whole thing.
I like Dover as well. They may be the best team in it

That game appears to be an outlier on all the other comparable results. As I said, on any given night, any of the remaining teams can win/lose, but if I had to choose a path, I'd take Tower's.
Except Seaford already beat Tower Hill by double digits this season so maybe Seaford has the best road

That game appears to be an outlier on all the other comparable results. As I said, on any given night, any of the remaining teams can win/lose, but if I had to choose a path, I'd take Tower's.
Not sure how you figure that but I guess we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT