ADVERTISEMENT

9/25/15 Friday Night Scores

Colby Reeder scores 5th TD of night, this one from 31 yards. Salesianum 62, Smyrna 42, 5:59 left

Yikes, so in the same game, Sallies has a 21 point lead, then trails, and now leads by 20 again.

Gotta love it!!!!

Dover - 41
Lake - 40

Lake lost on a fumbled missed 2 point conversion. Lake gave the game away with 3 fumbles and Dover capitalized.

Epic night, crazy game. Can't believe I was watching a DiNardo coached Salesianum team. Amazing, starting with the first play - a completed pass. Colby Reeder was on a mission. Lots of good stuff, but the defense was terrible - no pass rush, no containment.

Sallies-Smyrna was a great game. Both offenses are top notch and explosive. Sallies QB throws the ball well (and they threw it a lot!). Reeder looks like an NFL player out there. He is powerful and fast! Does anyone have yardage totals for the game? They must be ridiculous! Had to be over 800 yards by the two teams.

Michael Jordan used to "posterize" opponents on the court. Well tonight, Colby Reeder "Sports Illustrated" Smyrna. 400 yards and 7 touchdowns is enough to make their "Faces in the Crowd" column. Smyrna can take away a few positives from scoring often on a good team but still alot of work to do. A good work in progress though. Big stop cost the team a key member in Josh Hutchinson at LB. Took some of the wind out of Smyrna's sails but big ups to Sallies. Maybe they can meet again later this year!

Strangest DE HS FB game I have ever seen and I have seen a lot. Colby Reeder was Jim Thorpe like.
Bummy was right though...when he said Smyrna would make The Sals eat a Fifty Burger. Who would a thunk it?u

Anyone have a sense of some single game Delaware high school records?

I have to imagine Reeder 393 rushing yards, or Henderson 506 passing yards have to be approaching some of the best in our fair state.

I hope Sallies QB Cannon gets recognized as one of the top QB's this season. I imagine the coaches expected they would need to outscore Smyrna and opened up the offense . He ran the offense well and threw the ball accurately to a many different receivers and until some misses in the 2nd half had an amazing completion % going.

Here's some stats per Brad Myers ..

TEAM STATS: Smyrna 23-214 rush 27-35-3 517 pass 731 total. Salesianum 54-497 rush 12-16-0 204 pass 701 total. 1,432 yards combined

Salesianum stats: Colby Reeder 34-393 rush 7 TD, Garrett Cannon 12-16-0 204 pass 3 TD, Jeremy Ryan 7-122 rec 2 TD

Smyrna stats: Nolan Henderson 26-33-3 506 pass 4 TD, 7-73 rush; Will Knight 16-141 rush 3 TD, 3-74 rec 1 TD

Smyrna receivers: Donte Ritchie 7-222 2 TD, Brandon Bishop 8-97, Charlie Taylor 6-97, Marquelle Bennett 2-21 1 TD

The shocker of the night IMO... Is I didnt think Sallies could score like that.. I knew Smyrna would could score.. but damn Sallies was up to the task of playing BOG.. Cannon and Reeder are real deal Hollyfield...

Either that or both deffeses are really bad... Big 12 meet DE Delaware Div.1 lol

Last edited:
The shocker of the night IMO... Is I didnt think Sallies could score like that.. I knew Smyrna would could score.. but damn Sallies was up to the task of playing BOB.. Cannon and Reeder are real deal Hollyfield...

Either that or both deffeses are really bad... Big 12 meet DE Delaware Div.1 lol
Awesome Game

Reactions: Jawnsky
Here's some stats per Brad Myers ..

TEAM STATS: Smyrna 23-214 rush 27-35-3 517 pass 731 total. Salesianum 54-497 rush 12-16-0 204 pass 701 total. 1,432 yards combined

Salesianum stats: Colby Reeder 34-393 rush 7 TD, Garrett Cannon 12-16-0 204 pass 3 TD, Jeremy Ryan 7-122 rec 2 TD

Smyrna stats: Nolan Henderson 26-33-3 506 pass 4 TD, 7-73 rush; Will Knight 16-141 rush 3 TD, 3-74 rec 1 TD

Smyrna receivers: Donte Ritchie 7-222 2 TD, Brandon Bishop 8-97, Charlie Taylor 6-97, Marquelle Bennett 2-21 1 TD

We all knew Sallies & Reeder are legit...

And I know I picked the game wrong...

But, I think Smyrna, Henderson (11th), Knight (10th) and Ritchie (12th) proved that Smyrna is here to compete with the "Big Dogs"

But, I think Smyrna, Henderson (11th), Knight (10th) and Ritchie (12th) proved that Smyrna is here to compete with the "Big Dogs"

Jeff, after watching that game..who could disagree with you? As we used to say back in the day....that game was a "psychedelic experience......"

Sallies-Smyrna was a great game. Both offenses are top notch and explosive. Sallies QB throws the ball well (and they threw it a lot!). Reeder looks like an NFL player out there. He is powerful and fast! Does anyone have yardage totals for the game? They must be ridiculous! Had to be over 800 yards by the two teams.

Great game by a great player with great football pedigree who should be a freshman in college.

Tired subject, I know. Perfectly legal and within the rules, blah, blah, blah....

The simple fact of the matter is he's literally a man among boys.

Reactions: Mobhits
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT