ADVERTISEMENT

All State

I’m sure everyone appreciates you doing this but, I’m sorry this list isn’t a good list… John Parker over Jamal Johnson, maybe if you put Knight at his position of WR yes he played both but most of them yards came out of earthquake or them runnng him at QB. If i remember, correctly Mansfield didn’t do much at corner for cape, wasn’t leader in tackles nor did he have any INTs. Pearson played nickle corner for Middletown, McConomy had 2k yards rushing and not on the list.

Any list from anyone except sports writers and coaches will get the most criticism. Most years there would always be few player snubs or omissions anyway. Atleast you atleast have the list a legitimate shot. Thanks

IMO the 3 best RB's were Benson, Holman and McConomy

WR IMO should be.. Knight, Kracyla and Parker

I have no issue with QB.. Tattersal, Albero, Matthews, Troyer flip a coin... Troyer probably projects the highest as a next level QB though

Kracyla was the best WR I saw this year and he showed up on the OOS stage when no one else on his team was doing anything. Definitely made an impression on the announcers doing the IMG game.

just some of my thoughts on it take it for what it's worth.. bout 5c .. 🤠

On the defensive side I don't know enough of the players and names to go too deep into it but what sticks out is Pearson is a DB and should go there and the LB's from Smyrna #31 Durnall and #5 Moyer were outstanding. Both were everywhere making plays. I believe it was a huge snub Durnall not being on either all district teams

again just my 5c

Last edited:
I’m sure everyone appreciates you doing this but, I’m sorry this list isn’t a good list… John Parker over Jamal Johnson, maybe if you put Knight at his position of WR yes he played both but most of them yards came out of earthquake or them runnng him at QB. If i remember, correctly Mansfield didn’t do much at corner for cape, wasn’t leader in tackles nor did he have any INTs. Pearson played nickle corner for Middletown, McConomy had 2k yards rushing and not on the list.
When you only do a first team list it’s very hard, and qb, rb, and wr are the hardest to choose,but did you watch some of the highlights of the wrs? We watched hours of tape on these guys and it was hard. Anytime someone has 80 carries and score 12 tds on the ground it’s hard to say they are a wideout. And knight did that. You combine his catches and rushing yards he is more like a Christian Mcaffrey. So that’s why we put him at RB. And at wr, when you watch the film and see Manley from red lion, it’s just wow. And I know he did not make first team, but I challenge anyone to look at his film and say we was not the top 2 wrs in the state. And I know the Wilson kid from laurel played weaker competition, but watch him play, he runs harder than anyone other than knight. Again, we took a stab at this, no one else would. The newspapers would always do this in the past and now they don’t.

On the defensive side I don't know enough of the players and names to go too deep into it but what sticks out is Pearson is a DB and should go there and the LB's from Smyrna #31 Durnall and #5 Mooyer were outstanding. Both were everywhere making plays. I believe it was a huge snub Durnall not being on either all district teams

again just my 5c
Pearson played LB 90% of the time, watch the film. Even his highlights were mostly LB.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Pearson played LB 90% of the time, watch the film. Even his highlights were mostly LB.
Honestly I don't ever remember hearing his name much in the 9 or 10 broadcasts I watched. Probably shouldn't be all-state then. Definitely not at LB IMO. He had a lot of twitter hype behind him though and a Navy commit so I guess they had to find a spot on the list somewhere for him. Not saying he wasn't a good LB just not one of the top 3 or 4 in the state.

Reactions: Dehsfootball2022
When you only do a first team list it’s very hard, and qb, rb, and wr are the hardest to choose,but did you watch some of the highlights of the wrs? We watched hours of tape on these guys and it was hard. Anytime someone has 80 carries and score 12 tds on the ground it’s hard to say they are a wideout. And knight did that. You combine his catches and rushing yards he is more like a Christian Mcaffrey. So that’s why we put him at RB. And at wr, when you watch the film and see Manley from red lion, it’s just wow. And I know he did not make first team, but I challenge anyone to look at his film and say we was not the top 2 wrs in the state. And I know the Wilson kid from laurel played weaker competition, but watch him play, he runs harder than anyone other than knight. Again, we took a stab at this, no one else would. The newspapers would always do this in the past and now they don’t.

Regarding the 1A backs.. Wilson for Laurel is a good back but it's hard to put him over Benson who had 1900+ yds rushing and 32 TD's. St E's schedule was also slightly tougher than Laurels. Putting stats aside the eye test is Benson is the better RB..not that Wilson isn't a good back he is and like you said he runs hard is but for me lacks that wow factor that Benson has

Last edited:
Reactions: Dehsfootball2022

hey man I respect the fact you bothered to do it and put it out and even more so the balls to post it on here knowing damn well what's coming..😆

bow-arrows.gif

Thank you for realizing what it seems the rest of the state failed to realize about Kyle Manley.

FWIW - He was the fastest player at the U of D camp he went to this summer. In fact, when they took the two fastest players at the camp and put them head-to-head in the 40. Manley blew the other kid's doors off. It wasn't even close.

Thank you for realizing what it seems the rest of the state failed to realize about Kyle Manley.

FWIW - He was the fastest player at the U of D camp he went to this summer. In fact, when they took the two fastest players at the camp and put them head-to-head in the 40. Manley blew the other kid's doors off. It wasn't even close.
We have no skin in the game so we can be none bias, but running the score up on people can come back to bite the kids you care so much about. This is an example of that

where is he going to college next year

I realize you play who is on your schedule, and I don’t doubt anyones ability. How did said player perform against top competition? Or against teams they lost to? Did he impact
Those games?

He definitely looks the part and has some measurables. Honestly he doesn't look 6'3 to me though but I guess he could be. A very good player but for me his numbers fall a little short for first team all state especially considering their competition. 2.25 catches a game is light, Yards at 858 is good not great most his TD's (12) were 9 routes vs kids on bad teams

Which probably has more to do with it than the stats

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT