ADVERTISEMENT

Appo/CR

J12

D1AA Prospect
Feb 18, 2002
CR up on Appo 16-5 after 1 qtr. Shaft Clark has 9 pts & a couple blocks.

CR up 38-9 @ the half...smh. Shaft Clark has 20, a few 3s & he caught 2 oops.

CR ended up winning like 69-55 but was clearly the much better team. CR went light on Appo in the 3rd qtr basically clearing their bench & Appo made a little run. CR’s Clark finished w/ 29 & Davionne Robinson has about 15-17. The big kid in the middle for Appo played very well on both ends of the floor leading them in scoring, rebounding & had to have 6-8 blocks.

It’s possible the NewsJournal will have their top 3 teams all from downstate next week #1 Smyrna, #2 Cape & #3 CR w/ St. George’s loss to William Penn this week...I doubt that has ever happened before. Smyrna has 1 up already on Cape & can’t wait to see how CR does against Cape & CR in that Henlopen North race. The Caravel @ St. George’s game tomorrow should make those rankings interesting too & I like the fact that all of the top teams have scheduled each other upstate/downstate this early in the season.

Reactions: Patcomic
CR ended up winning like 69-55 but was clearly the much better team. CR went light on Appo in the 3rd qtr basically clearing their bench & Appo made a little run. CR’s Clark finished w/ 29 & Davionne Robinson has about 15-17. The big kid in the middle for Appo played very well on both ends of the floor leading them in scoring, rebounding & had to have 6-8 blocks.

It’s possible the NewsJournal will have their top 3 teams all from downstate next week #1 Smyrna, #2 Cape & #3 CR w/ St. George’s loss to William Penn this week...I doubt that has ever happened before. Smyrna has 1 up already on Cape & can’t wait to see how CR does against Cape & CR in that Henlopen North race. The Caravel @ St. George’s game tomorrow should make those rankings interesting too & I like the fact that all of the top teams have scheduled each other upstate/downstate this early in the season.[/
Might happen... Got see C.R play a good team.. Appo is way below average. ..

@J12, I agree with your game recap as spot on, very nice but CR possibly at #3 would be reach imo, they’ve haven’t played the competition that a lot of the other squads have faced. They still have to play that early season statement game ie get tested. Unfortunately the Cape game was postponed. Time will tell. I will throw my hat in on a statement someone posted earlier ,it’s wide open.

@J12, I agree with your game recap as spot on, very nice but CR possibly at #3 would be reach imo, they’ve haven’t played the competition that a lot of the other squads have faced. They still have to play that early season statement game ie get tested. Unfortunately the Cape game was postponed. Time will tell. I will throw my hat in on a statement someone posted earlier ,it’s wide open.

I’m not saying that CR is the 3rd best team in the state just yet I am just predicting what The News Journal rankings could possibly be next week considering they had CR at #4 this week & their #2 St. George’s loss this week.

Reactions: 84rider
Havnt seen C.R yet.... But they is going have a long night dealing with Rickards and Robertson.... Blueprint beating Cape is good guards... Only reason they went toe to toe with Sanford is because Sanford guards are not that good..

Havnt seen C.R yet.... But they is going have a long night dealing with Rickards and Robertson.... Blueprint beating Cape is good guards... Only reason they went toe to toe with Sanford is because Sanford guards are not that good..

Those 2 will have a long night dealing with Clark on the other end too from the 2 games that I have seen him. If Cape’s guards are that weak then they will have a problem against CR cuz CR plays full court ball pressure man to man end to end.

William Penn has to crack top 10 if not top 5 after big wins by double digits against Mount and St Georges

William Pen was #7 this week after last week’s win vs Mt. Pleasant so they should move up some but Salesianum was sitting right ahead of them at #6 & handed Penn their only loss so I doubt that they jump up past the beloved Sallies.

William Pen was #7 this week after last week’s win vs Mt. Pleasant so they should move up some but Salesianum was sitting right ahead of them at #6 & handed Penn their only loss so I doubt that they jump up past the beloved Sallies.
they will jump Sallies.. 2 top 10 wins.. Is real hard to argue against..Considering that was the first game of the season when Penn lost to Sallies...

It's been a while and I can't recall an instance of it being Henlopen North teams. Funny how the geography of sports has changed in this state.

they will jump Sallies.. 2 top 10 wins.. Is real hard to argue against..Considering that was the first game of the season when Penn lost to Sallies...

In my opinion it is a no-brainer that if you have Team A (Sallies) that is undefeated 4-0 & Team B (Penn) that is 3-1 & that 1 loss for Team B (Penn) came at the hands of Team A (Sallies) then Team A (Sallies) has to be ranked ahead of them. I don’t care if Sallies has the worst schedule out there & Penn had the toughest...Sallies has 0 losses & Penn has 1 loss to Sallies then I gotta keep Sallies ranked ahead of them based off of the 0 losses & more importantly the weight of the head to head W.

Penn has to be top 4. Top 4 for me would be Smyrna, Cape, Penn, CR.

Where would Sallies come in at? I hope you don’t say 5 or 6 cuz logically if they are that close & Sallies beat them how do you explain that ranking w/ Sallies have beat them head to head & having 0 losses. I’m not saying that I think Sallies would beat them if they played again today but for ranking purposes it just wouldn’t make any sense to me.

Keeping in mind that if it is that close then the first tiebreaker in any case scenario is the head-to-head matchup.

@Hoopsdownstate2 I got a scenario/question for U...hypothetically speaking let’s just say Delaware used a Selection Committee to choose the 24 teams for the State Tournament instead of the point system, there is one spot left at the #24 seed, Cape has let’s say 9 losses & CR has 10 losses. I don’t care what their strength of schedule is are U telling me that you are OK w/ CR getting in over Cape w/ 1 more loss AND your Cape team beat them head-to-head??? If you say you are honestly OK w/ that I’m logging off!!! LMAO!!! You would be out here boycotting the whole tournament standing outside of the panel location picketing...LoL

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
@Hoopsdownstate2 I got a scenario/question for U...hypothetically speaking let’s just say Delaware used a Selection Committee to choose the 24 teams for the State Tournament instead of the point system, there is one spot left at the #24 seed, Cape has let’s say 9 losses & CR has 10 losses. I don’t care what their strength of schedule is are U telling me that you are OK w/ CR getting in over Cape w/ 1 more loss AND your Cape team beat them head-to-head??? If you say you are honestly OK w/ that I’m logging off!!! LMAO!!! You would be out here boycotting the whole tournament standing outside of the panel location picketing...LoL
Lol.. I wouldnt be mad.... You said no strength of schedule and piont system not counted.. So i wouldnt be mad... So you think Sallies a top 4 team??... No way.

Lol.. I wouldnt be mad.... You said no strength of schedule and piont system not counted.. So i wouldnt be mad... So you think Sallies a top 4 team??... No way.

I haven’t even seen Sallies play yet so I can’t say that BUT I’m just going off what has already happened in this early season & I can’t argue w/ wins & losses though. Right now I think there are anywhere from 8-10 teams right there that could beat each other on any given night so far.

I haven’t even seen Sallies play yet so I can’t say that BUT I’m just going off what has already happened in this early season & I can’t argue w/ wins & losses though. Right now I think there are anywhere from 8-10 teams right there that could beat each other on any given night so far.
Delaware has a piont system. Penn just racked up some major pionts...

Delaware has a piont system. Penn just racked up some major pionts...

I know all about the point system which people question every year but I don’t question it because it is set in stone so ADs & coaches should schedule accordingly. The rankings have absolutely nothing to do with the point system.

I know all about the point system which people question every year but I don’t question it because it is set in stone so ADs & coaches should schedule accordingly. The rankings have absolutely nothing to do with the point system.
It dont but watch when rankings come out.. Penn will be ahead of Sallies... Lol... Then you going say but Sallies beat them.. Smh

Those 2 will have a long night dealing with Clark on the other end too from the 2 games that I have seen him. If Cape’s guards are that weak then they will have a problem against CR cuz CR plays full court ball pressure man to man end to end.
Cape will have no problem breaking. Press.. Thats not Capes guards problem... They cant score... If C.R. press it will be long night for them... Better stay in zone.... Man to Man will get them beat... I like Clark too... Rickards wont have no problem with him... Guess you dont remember wat happen in state tourney last year.. Rickards dominated C.R... Clark was there too...

Last edited:
Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
early season records have nothing to do with the point system, its the record at the end of the season. If Mount and St Georges end up being .500 teams, those wins Penn got will be almost meaningless

early season records have nothing to do with the point system, its the record at the end of the season. If Mount and St Georges end up being .500 teams, those wins Penn got will be almost meaningless
Means alot early. ..if you think St.Georges and Mount is going .500.. You have no clue at all... Meaningless. ..lol.. Means a whole lot.. Watch when Penn rack them pionts at the end of the year.. Every game count when it comes to piont system. ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT