ADVERTISEMENT

Appo Sallies

Was 3-2 Appo end of 1. But it ended 20-5 I think Sallies. Just too many horses for Appo to deal with.

Highlight wise Garrison had a few incredible goals for Appo. The Appo D and Golie played very well early but got worn down, good Sallies shooters, and the Appo offense keep turning it over forcing a lot of fast breaks.

For Sallies Wong had a few circus goals, Falconetti had some great goals early, Kennedy scored from LSM, Griffith had an awesome game on D. Overall Sals played well and exploited the depth and talent gap.

Appo has 3 kids - the attack #8, middie #10 and the D #40 that can play with Salesianum, Cape, etc but the film is out there. Double #8 and force everything through #10 on offense. Then when attacking thier D just isolate #40 by pulling him away from the net and force the rest of the D to beat you. They still win 10–11 games and make the playoffs, probably do decent until they meet Sallies again.

From a Sallies perspective a ton of horses - 1,4,9,42,15,44,8,etc. Just so much no team in DE can run with that, including Cape. Friday night will loook like last years Reynolds Tournament Sallies will win by 10+

Last edited:
Reactions: DEHSFan22
Wow. I heard Appo scored on their first three shots. I guess that woke Sallies up. Another walk to the title this year I guess

I think Cape has a legitimate shot to beat Sallies this year.
Was 3-2 Appo end of 1. But it ended 20-5 I think Sallies. Just too many horses for Appo to deal with.

Highlight wise Garrison had a few incredible goals for Appo. The Appo D and Golie played very well early but got worn down, good Sallies shooters, and the Appo offense keep turning it over forcing a lot of fast breaks.

For Sallies Wong had a few circus goals, Falconetti had some great goals early, Kennedy scored from LSM, Griffith had an awesome game on D. Overall Sals played well and exploited the depth and talent gap.

Appo has 3 kids - the attack #8, middie #10 and the D #40 that can play with Salesianum, Cape, etc but the film is out there. Double #8 and force everything through #10 on offense. Then when attacking thier D just isolate #40 by pulling him away from the net and force the rest of the D to beat you. They still win 10–11 games and make the playoffs, probably do decent until they meet Sallies again.

From a Sallies perspective a ton of horses - 1,4,9,42,15,44,8,etc. Just so much no team in DE can run with that, including Cape. Friday night will loook like last years Reynolds Tournament Sallies will win by 10+

10+ win? That is absurd. Cape didn't even lose to Bullis by 10 pts and they are on a totally different level than Sallies. This appears to be a good Cape team and I think it will be a close game.

Also, i think we are putting a little too much faith in Appo this year. Just looking at mutual opponents below, it looks like Cape > Worcester > CR = Appo. With Cape being a whole lot better than Appo.

Cape beat Worcester 16 -1
Worcester beat CR 8 - 6
CR beat Queen Anne 11 - 10
Appo beat Queen Anne 9 - 8

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarzan79
Cape can always compete. Coaching comes into play in games like this and he has the formula to be Coach Healy. Still think Sallies is loaded and will win this game. It's the championships where it really matters.

Salies is loaded. Cape can give them a game if all goes perfectly. Agreed that Appo seems down. I wouldn't put much into the Bullis score. Starters came out for Bullis when Cape did most of their damage. Cape needs faceoffs to limit possessions. Ball control on offense. Just my 2c.

Salies is loaded. Cape can give them a game if all goes perfectly. Agreed that Appo seems down. I wouldn't put much into the Bullis score. Starters came out for Bullis when Cape did most of their damage. Cape needs faceoffs to limit possessions. Ball control on offense. Just my 2c.

Agreed they need to slow it down. The Sals attack and middies strike fast if you get into a shootout.

I still suspect it will look like last years Reynolds event we’re Sals won easily, hope I am wrong. Would be good for DE lacrosse if some one steps up against them.

I think Cape has a legitimate shot to beat Sallies this year.

10+ win? That is absurd. Cape didn't even lose to Bullis by 10 pts and they are on a totally different level than Sallies. This appears to be a good Cape team and I think it will be a close game.

Also, i think we are putting a little too much faith in Appo this year. Just looking at mutual opponents below, it looks like Cape > Worcester > CR = Appo. With Cape being a whole lot better than Appo.

Cape beat Worcester 16 -1
Worcester beat CR 8 - 6
CR beat Queen Anne 11 - 10
Appo beat Queen Anne 9 - 8

We shall see when they play later this year. It’s pretty much the same Cape and Appo team that has seen Appo beat Cape 2 years running.

That being said Appo isn’t jelling at all, have 3 or 4 players carrying the team right now. Offense losing possessions, bad play by middies on D and no communication by the D. They should be better with what’s on paper but not happening. Cape though is looking pretty damn good and have some nice weapons in the coaches kid, Best and Dennis.

I hope it’s a good game.

Agreed they need to slow it down. The Sals attack and middies strike fast if you get into a shootout.

I still suspect it will look like last years Reynolds event we’re Sals won easily, hope I am wrong. Would be good for DE lacrosse if some one steps up against them.
I am hoping it is more like the state tournament where is close until the end :) Like you I wish there was more competitive balance throughout the state. My son has a game tonight and it won't even be fun to watch.

I am hoping it is more like the state tournament where is close until the end :) Like you I wish there was more competitive balance throughout the state. My son has a game tonight and it won't even be fun to watch.

Yeah my son prefers his club lacrosse it’s a lot more competitive then the DE HS lacrosse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT