ADVERTISEMENT

April 22nd rankings

After Appo, which is solid number 1, there are 6-7 teams that could fill out the top 5. Concord, at 9-1, having beat Archmere, Friends, and AI, needs to be in the Top 5 conversation. The only loss was to Appo 7-2, in what was a closer game than the score indicates. Concord has solid and deep pitching and is a threat at the plate 1-9 in the order. I would put Concord at number 5 on your list.

Here's WDELs 4/22 rankings for comparison

1 Appoquinimink(9-0)
2 Caravel(5-1)
3 St. Mark's(8-2)
4 Dover(8-1)
5 Newark Charter(6-2)
6 Salesianum(5-1)
7 Sussex Tech(7-1)
8 Milford(8-1)
9 Concord(9-1)
10 Delmar(8-1)

Reactions: Patcomic
Here's WDELs 4/22 rankings for comparison

1 Appoquinimink(9-0)
2 Caravel(5-1)
3 St. Mark's(8-2)
4 Dover(8-1)
5 Newark Charter(6-2)
6 Salesianum(5-1)
7 Sussex Tech(7-1)
8 Milford(8-1)
9 Concord(9-1)
10 Delmar(8-1)
Should be interesting who throws in the caravel/ sallies game today considering both teams have many games this week

All of you Sallies dads need to calm down a bit. Let’s call it what it is. Caravel isn’t a good team at all this year. They’re pitching kids that just aren’t pitchers and are basically, taking 1 for the team. I’m under the belief that Sallies should be held to a different standard than anyone else in DE. When you have probably 100 boys tryout for your team,
(a lot of which don’t even live in DE) this should be a cakewalk. They have a clear cut advantage year in and year out. With that talent pool, it shouldn’t matter who the coach is. But for some reason, they never get it done when it matters most.

While I do disdain the irrational exuberance of the Salesianum paterfamilias, diehard acts as if 18th and Broom is the talent center of the universe. Bummy has driven by the school at exit time and most of the gents exiting the building look like poster boys for iron deficiency anemia. It seems to me that the prep school for fine Christian gentlemen ought to be able to entice stronger, faster and more athletic specimens. A gooberish dork from Chester County is still a gooberish dork. Do you get my drift, diehard?

Lets see if they wish they had saved some of them against St. Marks tomorrow.
St. Marks is overrated as well. It’s a 2 horse race, as far as I’m concerned. It’s going to come down to Appo and Dover. Sallies should be in the mix. But again, they should be in the mix every single year.

Bummy got to see the Sals get no hit earlier this season in the lovely metropolis of Newport, Delaware.
Maybe I will stop by a home game if I can combine it with a trip to Kreston Liquors.

While I do disdain the irrational exuberance of the Salesianum paterfamilias, diehard acts as if 18th and Broom is the talent center of the universe. Bummy has driven by the school at exit time and most of the gents exiting the building look like poster boys for iron deficiency anemia. It seems to me that the prep school for fine Christian gentlemen ought to be able to entice stronger, faster and more athletic specimens. A gooberish dork from Chester County is still a gooberish dork. Do you get my drift, diehard?
It’s not a secret that Sallies has 3x the boys to choose from than any other school in DE. For that reason alone, they should always be in contention for a championship, in all boys sports, right? They’re probably cutting boys from their programs that could be prominent players in 90% of the other high schools in the state. All I’m saying is I’m not ready to anoint them king of the hill because they beat a subpar Caravel team. Just not impressive to me. Nor is what should be a fairly easy win vs St.Marks this week.

All of you Sallies dads need to calm down a bit. Let’s call it what it is. Caravel isn’t a good team at all this year. They’re pitching kids that just aren’t pitchers and are basically, taking 1 for the team. I’m under the belief that Sallies should be held to a different standard than anyone else in DE. When you have probably 100 boys tryout for your team,
(a lot of which don’t even live in DE) this should be a cakewalk. They have a clear cut advantage year in and year out. With that talent pool, it shouldn’t matter who the coach is. But for some reason, they never get it done when it matters most.

That’s one way to look at it. I would rather be the team that knocks them out of the State tournament.

Reactions: Diehardsportsfan
I’ve said this probably 10 times in as many years, to be the best you have to beat the best, I personally don’t care where the kids grew up or where their family lives. Just beat them, no excuses necessary. That’s the team every other team should circle on their calendars. It’s why we play the game, to knock off the big boys. Just saying of course

Nothing matters till the 2nd season, the one that matters. Some teams play the season to make it to the second season. Others play it to prepare for it. A timely hit, bad call, bone headed runner on the bases etc. makes for a positive/negative day or two. Lessons learned now are difference makers come tournament time.

They just don’t have pitching, i don’t know if anyone on their staff is a primary pitcher

We will see what they are about going against two of the better pitchers in the state today and tomorrow Phillips and Davis who is pitching the best in the state right now

8-0 was the final, apparently things got a little chippy, anybody have the update

Those kids are starting to kill the ball! They keep that energy and those bats hot don’t think anyone will stop them!

I think a win today by Appo would really separate them from the field.

Appo had a big 4th inning. A 7 run inning, up 7-0 in the 4th.

Far be it from me to make excuses but..... that was a tough 3 game-3 day schedule.

A wise man told me you play for the 2nd part of the season.

I attended the game. So much for the Sallies team killing the baseball? I don’t care how many games they played this week. Appo is on a completely different level than everybody else in what is a watered down level of play in the state. And they are not even fully healthy. I would say Sallies is in the same tier of teams like Dover and Sussex Central. Newark Charter is a tough out when they have their best pitcher going. Newark Charter shutout Sallies, but Appo shutout Newark Charter. If this Appo team ever gets to full health they should run away with the title!

Reactions: Patcomic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT