ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest surprise team this season. (Good or Bad)

Appo surprised everyone being undefeated still.
St marks is a surprise of how they fell off.
Sussex tech better then expected (who else pitches besides Warrington)
Caravel better then i thought they would be (whose even on that team)

At 9-6, my alma mater, Brandywine has been a pleasant surprise.

Friends at 15-2 is pretty surprising.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
At 9-6, my alma mater, Brandywine has been a pleasant surprise.

Friends at 15-2 is pretty surprising.

I predicted Newark to win one game and it looks like that's going to happen, so no surprise there.
Brandywine has one of the softest schedules and Friends has one quality win over Penn.. That said, Friends first round opponent will have a very tough time against Nelson.

Reactions: KnowitallDE
Brandy wine in flight b..yes very soft
AI DuPont good surprise
Indian River bad,started 4-1,then lost a lot
Conrad,not good
Appo,real good

Caravel has a lot of good players on the team but they are playing better than they are being coached. That staff has no clue how to manage their pitching staff.
I’ve been to 3 of their games. Twice keister has started, and Reynolds finished once. The other one Tracey threw a complete game. Hard to mismanage a staff of 3 arms??? They have a deep lineup from the looks of it, just never heard of any of the kids before besides Keister

Smyrna is a definite disappointment. Only wins (2) came against teams with AWFUL (6-26 combined) records. Talent is there, coaching - not so much!

Last edited:
Friends need's to use Nelson sparingly try and get a lead and hope who ever their number 2 is can hold the lead and use Nelson as your horse in the quarterfinal game.
That would be Joey Mullen. Decent. Throws strikes. Isn't going to blow anyone away, but can be effective if their defense plays well.

Pleasantly surprised by Milford going 16-2 in regular season. Bats have come alive the last 3 games where they've scored 10 runs each. Pitching has been solid all year, winning a lot of close games and giving up just over 2 runs per game. Best regular season I can recall in at least the last 30 years

Reactions: 84rider
Smyrna is a definite disappointment. Only wins (2) came against teams with AWFUL (6-26 combined) records. Talent is there, coaching - not so much!
2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 St. Marks Championships.2017 + 2018 State Champions American Legion Post 1

2018 American Legion Post 1 National Championship

2014 Marco Prado's 4th of July Wiffleball tournament Championship

How many do you have? :)

Smyrna will be better next year. Some years it is the players, some years it is the coach and some years it is a combination. Definitely a learning curve with Public compared to private, But I still enjoyed working the kids. even a bad year of baseball is better than doing nothing that is for sure.

Smith, Smith, Smith, Smith Smith + a TON OF TALENT

Post 1 - Thanks Nowell and many other travel coaches

I'll give you wiffleball!

2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 St. Marks Championships.2017 + 2018 State Champions American Legion Post 1

2018 American Legion Post 1 National Championship

2014 Marco Prado's 4th of July Wiffleball tournament Championship

How many do you have? :)

Smyrna will be better next year. Some years it is the players, some years it is the coach and some years it is a combination. Definitely a learning curve with Public compared to private, But I still enjoyed working the kids. even a bad year of baseball is better than doing nothing that is for sure.

Must be pretty bad when a high school coach needs to get on this forum to try to defend himself...wow, a wiffleball championship?

Had one of those when a was 6 years old I think...

Must be pretty bad when a high school coach needs to get on this forum to try to defend himself...wow, a wiffleball championship?

I appreciate that there is a baseball coach who has some levity. Let me know if you need help with that word.

That wiffleball meant something to you too, if you remember it.

This is definitely funny.

However, have you seen a wiffle ball tournament? The people that can pitch and hit them are on another level. It is pretty fun to watch.

This is definitely funny.

However, have you seen a wiffle ball tournament? The people that can pitch and hit them are on another level. It is pretty fun to watch.
72 to 75 mph from 40 feet and they can control what the ball does. The whole key they say is to rough up the ball with sand paper.

Reactions: soccer07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT