ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-Gold rosters announced.

Simmonj4618

Getting reps on JV
Nov 17, 2011
Delaware
Rosters announced for the Boys’ and Girls’ Blue-Gold All-Star Games, which will be played on March 18 at the Carpenter Center.

The girls’ contest starts at 1 p.m. with the boys’ game to follow in the event, which benefits Best Buddies Delaware. The games the top senior high school players in the state.

Boys’ Gold roster: Isiah Bratton (Indian River), Myles Cale (Appoquinimink), Cornell Corbin (Woodbridge), Jaeden Dungee (Polytech), Corey Gordon (St. Thomas More), Jaquan Hooks (Caesar Rodney), Andrez Jones (Seaford), Cameron Lewis (Lake Forest), Eric Montnez (St. Thomas More), Brion Murray (Milford), Kyson Rawls (St. Georges), Tymire Riddick (Milford), Te’Vion Waters (Woodbridge), Anthony Watson (Smyrna) and Joe Williams (Caesar Rodney), Head coach: Shawn Phillips (Delmar).

Girls’ Gold roster: Rajene Bowe (Milford), Kiarra Brittingham (Milford), Aizha Brown (Delmar), Arika Burrell (Lake Forest), Nyasia Carroll-Jackson (Middletown), Melena Credle (Smyrna), Rukiya Davis (Sussex Tech), Abby E’Nama (Cape Henlopen), Alissa Haith (Caesar Rodney), Kara Hignutt (Sussex Tech), Brionna Hill (Dover), Tashara Houston (Sussex Central), Grace Lange (Caravel), Mya Maddox (Lake Forest) and Tarnia Mathias (Polytech). Head coach: Trenita Shields (Lake Forest).

Girls’ Blue roster: Ronnay Blatch-Higguins (Howard), Lexi Bromwell (St. Elizabeth), Da’aziah Brown (Archmere), Jamiyah Dennis (Concord), Hannah Garbowski (Delaware Military), Kryshell Gordy (Ursuline), Brianna Grant (Concord), Lauryn Griffin (A.I, DuPont), Jayna Jones (Wilmington Friends), Brianna McCoy (Tower Hill), Shanira Mitchell (William Penn), Jaylin Ortiz (Delcastle), Alanna Speaks (St. Elizabeth), Alkirah Wilson (A.I. DuPont) and Katie Woodacre (Wilmington Charter), Head coach: Scott Barker (Archmere).

Boys’ Blue roster: Jermal Crumel (William Penn), Nickolas Cutrona (Tatnall), Michael Drumgo-Sharpe (Newark), Devon Earl (Glasgow), Dawson Grinnage (Hodgson), Julius Inge (A.I. duPont), Michael Kempski (Salesianum), Pierre Lofland (McKean), Chris Ludman (St. Mark’s), Marcus McCollum (Sanford), Joe McHugh (Concord), Jordan Money (St. Elizabeth), Jordan Perkins (Wilmington Friends), L.J. Stansbury (Hodgson) and Keon Taylor (Mt. Pleasant). Head coach: Lisa Sullivan (Mt. Pleasant).

Rosters announced for the Boys’ and Girls’ Blue-Gold All-Star Games, which will be played on March 18 at the Carpenter Center.

The girls’ contest starts at 1 p.m. with the boys’ game to follow in the event, which benefits Best Buddies Delaware. The games the top senior high school players in the state.

Boys’ Gold roster: Isiah Bratton (Indian River), Myles Cale (Appoquinimink), Cornell Corbin (Woodbridge), Jaeden Dungee (Polytech), Corey Gordon (St. Thomas More), Jaquan Hooks (Caesar Rodney), Andrez Jones (Seaford), Cameron Lewis (Lake Forest), Eric Montnez (St. Thomas More), Brion Murray (Milford), Kyson Rawls (St. Georges), Tymire Riddick (Milford), Te’Vion Waters (Woodbridge), Anthony Watson (Smyrna) and Joe Williams (Caesar Rodney), Head coach: Shawn Phillips (Delmar).

Girls’ Gold roster: Rajene Bowe (Milford), Kiarra Brittingham (Milford), Aizha Brown (Delmar), Arika Burrell (Lake Forest), Nyasia Carroll-Jackson (Middletown), Melena Credle (Smyrna), Rukiya Davis (Sussex Tech), Abby E’Nama (Cape Henlopen), Alissa Haith (Caesar Rodney), Kara Hignutt (Sussex Tech), Brionna Hill (Dover), Tashara Houston (Sussex Central), Grace Lange (Caravel), Mya Maddox (Lake Forest) and Tarnia Mathias (Polytech). Head coach: Trenita Shields (Lake Forest).

Girls’ Blue roster: Ronnay Blatch-Higguins (Howard), Lexi Bromwell (St. Elizabeth), Da’aziah Brown (Archmere), Jamiyah Dennis (Concord), Hannah Garbowski (Delaware Military), Kryshell Gordy (Ursuline), Brianna Grant (Concord), Lauryn Griffin (A.I, DuPont), Jayna Jones (Wilmington Friends), Brianna McCoy (Tower Hill), Shanira Mitchell (William Penn), Jaylin Ortiz (Delcastle), Alanna Speaks (St. Elizabeth), Alkirah Wilson (A.I. DuPont) and Katie Woodacre (Wilmington Charter), Head coach: Scott Barker (Archmere).

Boys’ Blue roster: Jermal Crumel (William Penn), Nickolas Cutrona (Tatnall), Michael Drumgo-Sharpe (Newark), Devon Earl (Glasgow), Dawson Grinnage (Hodgson), Julius Inge (A.I. duPont), Michael Kempski (Salesianum), Pierre Lofland (McKean), Chris Ludman (St. Mark’s), Marcus McCollum (Sanford), Joe McHugh (Concord), Jordan Money (St. Elizabeth), Jordan Perkins (Wilmington Friends), L.J. Stansbury (Hodgson) and Keon Taylor (Mt. Pleasant). Head coach: Lisa Sullivan (Mt. Pleasant).
Henlopen South gets 7 players.. Smh.. Only 2 good Seniors in South Corbin and Murray.. To come up with 5 more is beyond me... Guess South best Conference in state.. Lol

Last edited:
Not many seniors leading teans in the henlopen this year. Dover, Cape, Central, S. Tech, IR are all fairly young. Next year selections will be TOUGH for the committee. Cape- Rickards. Robertson
Smyrna- Matthews, Garnett, Nwankwo
Tech- Burton, Bolden
WB- H. Corbin, Mosely, Leatherwood
SC- Lambert
CR- Robinson

That's a lot of people who could possibly make it a d are putting up for their teans this season

Na. Riddick and Murray have carried Milford to some quality wins. Riddick has had multiple 30 pt games. Don't even know who turner is and with out Dungee polytech was the worse team I have EVER watched.

I would take Chasanov over the kid from Lake Forest.

Not many seniors leading teans in the henlopen this year. Dover, Cape, Central, S. Tech, IR are all fairly young. Next year selections will be TOUGH for the committee. Cape- Rickards. Robertson
Tech- Burton, Bolden
SC- Lambert
CR- Robinson

That's a lot of people who could possibly make it a d are putting up for their teans this season
Matthews will only be junior next year. Can take him off list next year.

Tech- Burton, Bolden
SC- Lambert
CR- Robinson

Smyrna's Garnett is only a sophomore.

Na. Riddick and Murray have carried Milford to some quality wins. Riddick has had multiple 30 pt games. Don't even know who turner is and with out Dungee polytech was the worse team I have EVER watched.

I would take Chasanov over the kid from Lake Forest.

Have you actually seen "the kid from Lake" play? I'm assuming not since you didn't mention his name & I agree that Chasanov plays hard but he is nowhere near a better player than Lake's Cameron Lewis is. I know it's not all about points but Lewis probably averages 16-18 pts/game & may also lead that team in rebounding too.

No disrespect to Cam. He can play I just like the energy that Chasanov plays with and while Dungee was out Chasanov played with that same energy and hustle. Watched Cam play against kids his size and he tends to be a non factor. He is a big kid with a great frame. He should dominate the South but he doesn't.

I don't get caught up in stats I look at the games.

I would take Chasanov over the kid from Lake Forest.[/QUOT
Have you actually seen "the kid from Lake" play? I'm assuming not since you didn't mention his name & I agree that Chasanov plays hard but he is nowhere near a better player than Lake's Cameron Lewis is. I know it's not all about points but Lewis probably averages 16-18 pts/game & may also lead that team in rebounding too.[/QUOT Glad Całe and
No disrespect to Cam. He can play I just like the energy that Chasanov plays with and while Dungee was out Chasanov played with that same energy and hustle. Watched Cam play against kids his size and he tends to be a non factor. He is a big kid with a great frame. He should dominate the South but he doesn't.

Watched Rickards destroy him at Cape... He not good at all.. Maybe South .. Aint no way South get 7 players.. 1 from Seaford got beat by 30 or 3 or more times...

Watched Rickards destroy him at Cape... He not good at all.. Maybe South .. Aint no way South get 7 players.. 1 from Seaford got beat by 30 or 3 or more times...
You keep saying they don't deserve 7 but you have yet to say who should replace them. 2 from WB? No. 2 from Milford? No. IR is a playoff team no matter the schedule. So to have a SR who when ever I look at the box scores has a good game. I've seen an argument for Chasanov but thats maybe 1. It's ok to think the south is not as competitive as the North right now but blue/gold are only for SRs.

Andrez Jones from Seaford DESERVES to be on this roster. Nobody has seen him because he has no talent around him so they lose. 3&1/2 year starter, averaging 20+/game, high character kid with a high GPA he is what this game was created for. He is a standout in an area where kids fall through the cracks constantly. If you get a chance check him out before this season is over. You will enjoy watching him. Wish he had someone around him to help. And before you assume no I am not related to nor coach this kid. After seeing him I spoke to his coaches about him because I was impressed with what I saw and had to go watch him again.

I agree 100% that Cam could/should do more because of his size & it rarely seems like he plays hard but even with that being said he produces way more than Chasanov. IMO Chasanov is not really a basketball player more like an athlete that plays hard & you always needs a player like that but his overall production is not close to Cam's. If Cam would actually play hard he could have All State potential but he just doesn't seem hungry to me, almost as if he is content with with being a "good" player & nothing more.

What you guys aren't realizing is that Blue/Gold game is for seniors only. So please tell me who is more deserving than the kids mentioned. I haven't even seen Seaford play but you are mentioning how many they loss by when the Blue/Gold game is strictly an All Star game for seniors supposedly for those the most deserving. So for you to say a kid that made it is not that good at all then maybe there just aren't that many good seniors.

What you guys aren't realizing is that Blue/Gold game is for seniors only. So please tell me who is more deserving than the kids mentioned. I haven't even seen Seaford play but you are mentioning how many they loss by when the Blue/Gold game is strictly an All Star game for seniors supposedly for those the most deserving. So for you to say a kid that made it is not that good at all then maybe there just aren't that many good seniors.

@hoopsdownstate I watched Rickards do absolutely nothing (3 pts, 1-5 free throws) vs CR the second game after dominating the first game...Does that mean he is not good or was destroyed that game? No. He is obviously a far better player & way more aggressive but my point is point is you can't just say a kid is not good at all because he was outplayed in a game.

@hoopsdownstate I watched Rickards do absolutely nothing (3 pts, 1-5 free throws) vs CR the second game after dominating the first game...Does that mean he is not good or was destroyed that game? No. He is obviously a far better player & way more aggressive but my point is point is you can't just say a kid is not good at all because he was outplayed in a game.

Facts!

I agree 100% that Cam could/should do more because of his size & it rarely seems like he plays hard but even with that being said he produces way more than Chasanov. IMO Chasanov is not really a basketball player more like an athlete that plays hard & you always needs a player like that but his overall production is not close to Cam's. If Cam would actually play hard he could have All State potential but he just doesn't seem hungry to me, almost as if he is content with with being a "good" player & nothing more.
Exactly-"if Cam would actually play hard he could have All State potential but he just doesn't seem hungry to me, almost as if he is content with with being a "good" player & nothing more"As outsiders we are always talking about how this or that kid underacheived when we have NO idea what a kid goals are.

Exactly-"if Cam would actually play hard he could have All State potential but he just doesn't seem hungry to me, almost as if he is content with with being a "good" player & nothing more"As outsiders we are always talking about how this or that kid underacheived when we have NO idea what a kid goals are.

I wasn't bashing him or anything like that I was just saying that he seems to basically be on cruise control & is OK w/ that. I have even heard that he is more focused on playing football at the next level more so than basketball so maybe that is why he does not go as hard on the hardwood. Either way he still puts up decent numbers & is well-deserved of his spot on the Blue/Gold team.

The first name that came to mind to me not on the roster from downstate was the 6'6 Mosley kid from Dover. He didn't put up eyepopping #s & was another one who seemed to relax on the court at times but he played well in spurts & I thought he might have did enough to squeeze in there somehow.

Mosley is the same as Lewis from Lake Forest. Mosley plans on playing football at the next level. It's sad to see sometimes because at 6'6 he should dominate but he doesn't all do that.

I wasn't bashing him or anything like that I was just saying that he seems to basically be on cruise control & is OK w/ that. I have even heard that he is more focused on playing football at the next level more so than basketball so maybe that is why he does not go as hard on the hardwood. Either way he still puts up decent numbers & is well-deserved of his spot on the Blue/Gold team.

The first name that came to mind to me not on the roster from downstate was the 6'6 Mosley kid from Dover. He didn't put up eyepopping #s & was another one who seemed to relax on the court at times but he played well in spurts & I thought he might have did enough to squeeze in there somehow.
@J12 I know bashing is not your style so in no way did I mean it to come out that way.I was just putting that out there so maybe others will stop bashing these kids.

Shane Wilkins got screwed. Not saying he's the best basketball player but plays as hard as anyone I've seen this year . Gives you everything he's got every time out .

Reactions: 1 2 Step
Shane Wilkins got screwed. Not saying he's the best basketball player but plays as hard as anyone I've seen this year . Gives you everything he's got every time out .

Middletown right? If so I have seen Wilkins play & I would agree. I'm pretty sure I saw a box score where he had 26 few games ago.

Looking back @ box scores the game that I was talking about was Middletown's win over Delcastle last week but I see had 26 again in a loss to Woodbridge this past Saturday.

Fact

It is probably awesome to be a 17 or 18 year old kid to come on here and read, that you give no effort or are only good when you could be great or you don't deserve honors others feel you deserve given mainly the coaches by a bunch of has-beens or never weres that sit in the stands and think they know everything.

Reactions: AJoi
Chaznov is a good basketball player but give him cams size he woukd be have 1st team all-state... Hands down top 5 athelete in the state standing at 5'8.. should have easily been im that blue gold game. He had 29pts 11ast 14reb against In a game this year... Ask any team he played against and see what they say.... I would take him over Cam any day....

Thank you @SPARTAN00. Everyone asked for people that could replace someone and the fact that Chasanov didn't make it was kinda strange. Especially with Dungee out the whole year basically he put up good numbers.

Speaking of Chaz kid's no one seems to talk about the Chaz Knox kid from Newark who transferred from Sanford. He had a great year for Newark and think he was snubbed from what I have seen this year. Came back way better this year. He carried Newark a couple games this year. Quiet good player that is better than some of the kids on blue team. Shane kid goes hard too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT