ADVERTISEMENT

Bones

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1AA Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
St. Bonaventure at VCU tomorrow is on national TV. The game will be on CBSSN @ 200PM. CBSSN is channel 94 or 594 on Verizon Fios; DirecTV: channel 221; Dish: 158; Verizon Fios: 94. XFinity: 734.

VCU is 2-2 in the A-10 while Bonnies is 4-0. VCU has had the much tougher schedule.

When possible, I will try to do a Bones status on this thread,

Bones doing well.. But also doing well is Myles Cale at Seton Hall ranked 18 and just beat Bulter who is ranked 5 and Eric Ayala at Maryland they ranked 17.. Good year all 3 players and there teams..

You make a good point. I checked the box score of the Hall's game against Butler right after the game. I am not a basketball guy... I am unsure of their individual roles on their respective teams.

At the moment, Bones has shown a streakiness that has caught the A-10 by surprise. Best of luck to young Mr. Cale.

PS. I am an A-10 fan so that it is natural that I would follow VCU more closely. Glad to see Seton Hall's program start to generate some interest....same with Rutgers....

VCU & Bones at St. Joes tonight at 900PM. This will be on CBSSN after the Nova-Butler Game. CBSSN is channel 94 or 594 on Verizon Fios; DirecTV: channel 221; Dish: 158; XFinity: 734.

Bones comes in as 6th man and VCU goes on 9-0 run...getting past Bummy's bedtime. Good night all.

Solid minutes and defense... One 3 pointer....I have to see how many shots taken. If minutes stay above 20 he should have at least 10 points at La Salle on Saturday

Last edited:
Bones comes in as 6th man and VCU goes on 9-0 run...getting past Bummy's bedtime. Good night all.

Solid minutes and defense... One 3 pointer....I have to see how many shots taken. If minutes stay above 20 he should have at least 10 points at La Salle on Saturday
Shot 1 for 11 in Philly last night.

Reactions: jvm3
Shot 1 for 11 in Philly last night.

Right you are, Yaz. Maybe that is the curse of being rookie of the week in the A-10 this week. Hit his first shot...and I went to bed after the 9-0 run.

He's a freshman and is going to have off nights. I thought he was a Colonial Conf. level player. I was wrong... He s a good fit for the A-10.

https://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/boxscores/20200121_qiv6.xml?view=boxscore

Here is the box score from the home game against Bonnies 4 nights ago that got him the rookie of the week accolade:

https://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/boxscores/20200118_ee06.xml?view=boxscore

(This was a home game that I think he started...5 for 6 from 3 ain't too shabby)

One game at a time. Back to Philly on Saturday to play at La Salle.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Yeah, you can expect ups and downs as a Freshman. Very good game against the Bonnies, followed up by a dud vs St Joes. As he gets more experience at the college level, he's talented enough that the game-to-game consistency should come.

Hell, James Harden shot 1 for 17 from 3 point land the other night. It happens to the best of them.

It ought to be interesting how much time he gets against La Salle. My sense is that the Bonnies performance will be his best of the year. Similar thing for St. Joe's...it hopefully will be his worst game of the year.

The one thing I like about VCU's pressing style of play is that he should continue to get at least 20 minutes per game.

It is a long journey.

Last edited:
It ought to be interesting how much time he gets against La Salle. My sense is that the Bonnies performance will be his best of the year. Similar thing for St. Joe's...it hopefully will be his worst game of the year.

The one thing I like about VCU's pressing style of play is that he should continue to get at least 20 minutes per game.

It is a long journey.
St George's sure misses him! 0-9. Yikes!

Classic tweet by Dana O’Neill. Both teams are called the Rams. Confused me. Next one’s on me, Dana.

3 teams called the Rams in A-10. VCU, Rhode Island, and Fordham.

Those Rams can sneak up on you....

V3c9.gif

Last edited:
Bones on National TV (CBS Sports) today at 400PM as VCU visits Richmond. VCU beat Richmond 2 and half weeks back at VCU in a game that Bones scored 15 points.

It could be a tough one today for VCU. The Rams have been very inconsistent since that win. Richmond is a crosstown rival and will be tough to beat at home. Richmond is a slight betting favorite.

During this past week a mediocre George Mason team beat VCU by 5 at VCU. Bones had 2 3 pointers in the last couple of minutes to keep it close...but had some shooting struggles. He was 3-11 from the field with a total of 11 points.

Hope to get to watch some of this game today.

Bones on National TV (CBS Sports) today at 400PM as VCU visits Richmond. VCU beat Richmond 2 and half weeks back at VCU in a game that Bones scored 15 points.

It could be a tough one today for VCU. The Rams have been very inconsistent since that win. Richmond is a crosstown rival and will be tough to beat at home. Richmond is a slight betting favorite.

During this past week a mediocre George Mason team beat VCU by 5 at VCU. Bones had 2 3 pointers in the last couple of minutes to keep it close...but had some shooting struggles. He was 3-11 from the field with a total of 11 points.

Hope to get to watch some of this game today.
@Uncle Bumfuzzled, You forgot to add that Bones also had 4 assists, 4 steals & 1 block in those 22 mins of play that game in that loss to George Mason so he is beyond holding is own out there...Ijs.

J12,,,he has been holding his own but he is a freshman and like the team he has had some ups and downs. Richmond blew out VCU today. They got waxed by a team they handled a couple weeks back.

I think I overrated the VCU team in the beginning of the year. They are not as good as I had projected and unless they win the A-10 tournament they are going to the NIT or staying home. Bones with 3 points today....in a dreadful performance by the Rams.

Maybe they will finish strong.....

As you know I have been a Bones advocate all year. He is a freshman and his team has looked great at times and mediocre at times...

His best days are ahead,,,,

Last edited:
J12,,,he has been holing his own but he is a freshman and like the team he has had some ups and downs. Richmond blew out VCU today. They got waxed by a team they handled a couple weeks back.

I think I overrated the VCU team in the beginning of the year. They are not as good as I had projected and unless they win the A-10 tournament they are going to the NIT or staying home. Bones with 3 points today....in a dreadful performance by the Rams.

Maybe they will finish strong,,

As you know I have been a Bones advocate all year. He is a freshman and his team has looked great at times and mediocre at times...

His best days are ahead,,,,
Agreed, I’m interesting in seeing how he does next year once those senior guards are gone.

Bones with 18 against Dayton a top 5 team in a losing effort....leading scorer in this home loss.
Bummy missed the game...thought it was tonight.

Bummy corrected the "coming off bench" comment....here is box score.....

https://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/boxscores/20200218_81y3.xml?view=boxscore

OK, final thoughts on Bones for the year. The kid has had the best college freshman year of any DE HS player since Elena. He has been on national TV a lot. He should be A-10 rookie of the year.

He projects to be an all A-10 player in his JR year.

Bummy needs a break and plans to off depreps for 2 months. If I start posting before June put me on your ignore list..

Last edited:
Bones with 18 against Dayton a top 5 team in a losing effort....leading scorer in this home loss.

Bones coming off the bench....

OK, final thoughts on Bones for the year. The kid has had the best college freshman year of any DE HS player since Elena. He has been on national TV a lot. He should be A-10 rookie of the year.

Bummy needs a break and plans to off depreps for 2 months. If I start posting before June put me on your ignore list..
He actually started last night. I don’t know if he has finally cracked the starting lineup for good but Senior guard Simms that usually starts & averages about 6 ppg came off the bench. Bones might be VCU’s best offensive option at the guard spot & seems to have the green light when he is out there...just gotta stay out of foul trouble when he’s on the floor.

Bummy corrected the "coming off bench" comment....here is box score.....

https://www.vcuathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2019-20/boxscores/20200218_81y3.xml?view=boxscore

Great player but has 0 chance at ROY. Tre Mitchell averages double his points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT