ADVERTISEMENT

DE GOAT

Wilmington high gym was crazy haha a lot of trash talk, claymont also with Bryan Joyner, not top 10 but would do damage in today's game

Scratch had some nice pieces, carl lemon, Stan & tall Mike brown, who was their other starter, getting old, played them in 83 & 84 but can't remember

Reactions: Chesdel
Charles Rayne won a chip and 2 or 3 time 1st team all state. He is ahead of Donte. Carter was good but he not in conversation. He not best in his era lol
I think IR won 2 state championships with Charles Rayne. Stansbury is the kind of guy that slips out of your mind......and was great player at Temple.

(Eddy Michaels the great Salesianum FB player? If you saw him play HS basketball you must be in your 90's)

Reactions: 84rider
No he was a lefty I believe, where's coach Stan when you need him lol

Last edited:
Walter davis...Sanford
John lesher .....claymont
Laron profit...cr
Dexter boney..bhs

I heard one national broadcaster refer to Donte as "The Michael Jordan of Delaware Basketball". That's ridiculous. He's good, but he doesn't even come close to some of the other all-time Delaware greats mentioned in this thread.

That was Gus Johnson who does play by play for both NBA and College games. I heard him say that after Donte's tip in against UVA. He also called Donte "the Big Ragu" which was a flashback to Carmine Ragusa, a character on the TV show, Laverne and Shirley show.

There is a difference between rational thought and what a sports announcer says after a game winning shot....No one in their right mind would compare DD to MJ.

I heard one national broadcaster refer to Donte as "The Michael Jordan of Delaware Basketball". That's ridiculous. He's good, but he doesn't even come close to some of the other all-time Delaware greats mentioned in this thread.

I
That was Gus Johnson who does play by play for both NBA and College games. I heard him say that after Donte's tip in against UVA. He also called Donte "the Big Ragu" which was a flashback to Carmine Ragusa, a character on the TV show, Laverne and Shirley show.

There is a difference between rational thought and what a sports announcer says after a game winning shot....No one in their right mind would compare DD to MJ.
I was at the Nova v UVA game. That was a spectacular tip in.

Reactions: Chesdel

DDV has three more seasons to prove it.

Although he plays out of state Trevon Duval is the best ever to this point in his career. No ones played in the McDonald's game with that Top 5 of schools to commit too.

Reactions: COACH"D"
@Realtalk035, time will tell, a lot of transferring going on de to nj & dallas....great high school stats and accolades so far, wish him the best

DDV has three more seasons to prove it.
Correct...the current group of seniors at Villanova have won like 120 games. That is incredible. I think that Jay Wright is looking for Donte to be a team leader. I don't think he will be ducking out early for the NBA. His presence as a team leader over the next 3 years will be critical.. (a la Ryan Arch....)

Not going to knock the kid, cause he can flat out play. Being from Downstate, I think you can rank players like Brian Polk (Sussex Tech) and Kyle White (Central/Cape Henlopen) are better than Donte. It doesn't matter what school he plays for, when it comes to talent I know those 2 players have a better game.
Didn't see a game of his but how about Delino Deshields from Seaford

Correct...the current group of seniors at Villanova have won like 120 games. That is incredible. I think that Jay Wright is looking for Donte to be a team leader. I don't think he will be ducking out early for the NBA. His presence as a team leader over the next 3 years will be critical.. (a la Ryan Arch....)
I watch just about every Nova game. Donte's already a leader on the team.

Reactions: jvm3 and Chesdel
Although he plays out of state Trevon Duval is the best ever to this point in his career. No ones played in the McDonald's game with that Top 5 of schools to commit too.
If he's out of state, why are we talking about him? I never heard of him. Is he from Delaware?

Reactions: hoopsdownstate
Delino Deshields has to be in the conversation. but Walter Davis, Wesley Townsend and Ayers are in the top ten. Delino went to Expos to make millions but had full rides at Nova, Maryland and Georgetown.

Reactions: jvm3
Let me start Google... Lol
Don't forget Jimmy Allen on that Cape team in '75 and '76 with Ayers and Bishop. Allen played at Bridgeport U and was drafted by the Celtics. The '75 Cape team was incredible. Plus they had Ralph Baird coaching them. He had already coached and developed great teams before that at the old PS DuPont HS.

If he's out of state, why are we talking about him? I never heard of him. Is he from Delaware?
From Wilmington & New Castle. Left Sanford after his 8th grade yr. Top ranked PG in the country; just took a visit to Kansas. Probably a one and done, but time will tell.

Announcer got that from Jay Wright. Yes I heard Jay Wright call him that in an interview. He pretty much was against the competition he was playing against in Delaware.

I know it's on the girls side but nobody could draw crowds and dominate the game like EDD. When people nationally think Delaware hoops, that's probably the only name that comes to mind.

Reactions: jvm3
Rushdan was a great player for sure. Some other notables on the girls side- but there really isn't a comparison between EDD and anyone else.

6'5 separates you front the pack. Rushdan took it to her tho and won the chip in the process. Your right tho EDD is a different BEAST

Reactions: Dropping 3's
Delino Deshields and Dexter Boney are the best that I have seen. Delino could very well be the best all-around athlete from Delaware. Multiple years of all-state for football, basketball, and baseball, basketball scholarship to Villanova, drafted in the 1st round for baseball out of high school.

Reactions: Dropping 3's
There was a player from Indian River in the mid 90's not sure of his name. He was definitely one of the tops in his era

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT