4. Middletown (5-3) 4

5. Sanford (6-3) 5

6. William Penn (4-3) 6

7. Lake Forest (9-0) 7

8. McKean (10-1) 8

9. Seaford (9-0) 9

10. Odessa (10-0) 10

Sorry, I missed this, Yaz.

I got a call from old Sallies guy who attended the game last Thursday night. He was beyond upset. ...said Sallies has talent but seemed disinterested....that Sals were sloppy and low IQ...he claimed --and I don't know how to verify this --that the Sals had double figure turnovers in the 2nd Q which included 7 travelling calls. Can't be that bad. Maybe I misunderstood him.

By the way, he likes Middletown. Thinks they are Final 4 material.

Sals host Smyrna on Thursday. Smyrna (9-3) has only lost to one DE team.

See if the Sals continue on their Philadelphia Eagles like excursion into Palookaville.

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed this, Yaz.

I got a call from old Sallies guy who attended the game last Thursday night. He was beyond upset. ...said Sallies has talent but seemed disinterested....that Sals were sloppy and low IQ...he claimed --and I don't know how to verify this --that the Sals had double figure turnovers in the 2nd Q which included 7 travelling calls. Can't be that bad. Maybe I misunderstood him.

By the way, he likes Middletown. Thinks they are Final 4 material.

Sals host Smyrna on Thursday. Smyrna (9-3) has only lost to one DE team.

See if the Sals continue on their Philadelphia Eagles like excursion into Palookaville.
This is my favorite post I've read in a long time Bummy. The Sallys will always be a fraud in basketball.

This is my favorite post I've read in a long time Bummy. The Sallys will always be a fraud in basketball.
Idk 8yaz...I have seen the Sals hit cruise control in the past & then turn it on in the playoffs. To be honest, I still like them to get to the Chip. I also like Dover a lot.

Idk 8yaz...I have seen the Sals hit cruise control in the past & then turn it on in the playoffs. To be honest, I still like them to get to the Chip. I also like Dover a lot.
I agree, this year's team seemed to be over scheduled at the start and then they just seem to play by the numbers til now. They blitzed the Iggles last night so they may be on the verge of starting another late season run. Fortunately in Delaware you can limp into the playoffs and still win it all.

Sals is still a Final Four team.

Dover, St. E, Middletown should round it out, though Penn can't be counted out and that young Sanford team is starting to play more to their capability. Going to be an intriguing late February/early March.

Hey some actual bball banter! Hey 8yaz! Looking from afar. Almost fell over when I saw STM averaging almost 65 a game! No more 20 passes before the shot? St Es is looking like the team to beat but you never know in one and done tournaments. Who are the best players in the state? Does anyone have bigs? Anyone getting offers to play D1?

Apparently, Salesianum 62-Sanford 55 last night in the Annual SL24 event at the Chase Center. Anyone who can fill in details please do that. Bummy trying to go back and watch the video with little luck...

Apparently, Salesianum 62-Sanford 55 last night in the Annual SL24 event at the Chase Center. Anyone who can fill in details please do that. Bummy trying to go back and watch the video with little luck...
Saw St Es beat Howard yesterday afternoon at same event 51-37. Boxscore shows Howard being outscored 15-0 in the third Q.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Almost fell over when I saw STM averaging almost 65 a game! No more 20 passes before the shot?
Yeah, looks like they finally got some coaching there that allows the kids to play 21st century basketball. Speaking of STM I saw where Lee Sibley was inducted into the 2024 class of the Delaware Basketball Hall of Fame. What an absolute fraud that guy was. He set basketball back 50 years. Kids of today had to hate playing for him. I know I did back in the 70's.

Yeah, looks like they finally got some coaching there that allows the kids to play 21st century basketball. Speaking of STM I saw where Lee Sibley was inducted into the 2024 class of the Delaware Basketball Hall of Fame. What an absolute fraud that guy was. He set basketball back 50 years. Kids of today had to hate playing for him. I know I did back in the 70's.
Yeah I hear you. That school played slow motion and way too many favorites in most sports. Best basketball athletes were sitting the bench or walking the halls at STM. Glad to see things changed at least for basketball. Kids hated playing baseball for Smith too. He should move on!

Kids hated playing baseball for Smith too. He should move on!
I've been to alot of STM baseball games and have to respect Smith's winning record but that's about all I respect about him. I've seen way too many boorish, entitled, temper tantrums thrown by that guy. Acts like he invented the game.

I've been to alot of STM baseball games and have to respect Smith's winning record but that's about all I respect about him. I've seen way too many boorish, entitled, temper tantrums thrown by that guy. Acts like he invented the game.
With the players he has had through the years they should have won way more state championships. Never has a team just a group of players because of those tantrums and he picks his starters and no one else ever sees the field. It divides the team.

There is some personal animus expressed here about 2 St. Marks coaches. I don't know either coach. Suffice it to say that St. Marks has won a lot of baseball titles.

Now to basketball. Does not liking a style of play mean the coach is a "fraud"? If you go back to great Gene Thompson at WHS, he usually slowed the tempo at tournament time and won. As far as Sibs goes, I don't think he warrants a personal attack. Agreed that Bummy could be on the upper edges of the boredom scale while watching many St. M successful basketball teams.

Colleges eventually instituted the shot clock to actually improve the game and keep fans engaged. Maybe that is the way to go. OK, now I am boring myself.

There is a video going around showing a bit of an altercation on the floor after the Sals-STM game. Can anyone provide context to this? This is not the first time in their history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT