ADVERTISEMENT

Diamond State Classic

84rider

D1A Prospect
Feb 27, 2009
@justabbfan,gatekeeper & simmon you guys seem to have alot more knowledge of girls bb, the diamond state classic has cr,ste,hvt & friends. 3 of these teams have played each other already. this will definately play into the tourney, seeing each other less than 2 weeks ago. why not schedule fresh teams or should i say play others teams...would of liked to see conrad,sanford & ursiline play. is this a coach sign up tourney or by invite ???

I believe it's by invite only, they follow other H.S invitational tournaments format with a national, regional and a local bracket. (New Castle, Delaware and Saint Frances Cups). CR playing Hodgson again is strange, I assume that the tournament director and or coach knew that CR plays Hodgson before they selected the brackets, since most Delaware schools sign a two year contracts for a home and away game.

I would love to see Conrad vs CR in a rematch to last year DIAA quarterfinals game. Coach V has his girls playing well early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
CR 68 AI 57, 6-0 hopefully we can ride this momentum into the DSC, Haith led the way with 27pts, nice job by the riders

From what I seen so far this season CR will cruse to the Henlopen Title, but I wish they could be tested by some out of state team or a some real competition. I'm not sold on St. Elizabeth and I think playing Hodgson again will be the toughest test on your schedule.

Reactions: 84rider
typically its the coaches job to pursue a chance to be in the tournament.. and then they evaluate the team if they can fit in with the other competition. I hear the program gets so many teams wanting to play. but they have to do the investigation as to if they can fit in with the competition. and I heard one of the stipulations is that you will get a two year invite and you have to at least win some of your games in order to come back for the next two years. Why Sanford and Conrad are not competing I do not know. unless there substituting those games for better tournaments out of state. And as coach I may not want to play those schools until tournament time... but honestly not sure why they don't compete.. but to answer your question its a combination

and if cr beat st. Elizabeth. they will beat hodgson. st. e beat them pretty bad in a scrimmage. I know it was early in the season for both. but they look like they was on all cylinders. now I don't know how cr beat st e in the regular season. but it happened. I know the freshman had a hard time learning the plays and getting acclimated to the team. so we will see how it works out. I still like them vs ursuline in the chip. but the team to watch is archmere. they have upset on them. play off time they may scare some teams

Yes it is a long time between now and playoffs. Teams will gel and get better, especially ones that have freshmen in the rotation.

Last edited:
Sanford elects to play in out of state tourneys to play different competition. Also a good way to expose his girls to more college coaches who attend these winter tourneys. Look at what he does with his girls, high percentage go off to play college ball at DII and DI.

CR 46 HVT 31 @ Diamond state classic, will play Damascus in the championship tomorrow.

Saw Ursuline today and while they may not be as intimidating in years' past, it looks like everybody's playing for second place again. Their depth is unreal. Lewis runs the offense like a seasoned vet, Connolly is their scorer, Gordy and Mason can pop in points and rebound, but Yanni Hendley is the wild-card, when she's rollin' like she was today, that's a tough team to stop.

Ursuline is just different, last girl on the roster would be a starter at most places....

Title will be theirs for a while....

CR 46 Demarcus 36 congratulations to the Riders on winning their flight .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT