ADVERTISEMENT

DMA vs SC scrimmage

Longagoplayer

In the weight room getting big
Jun 16, 2021
Just a few reactions from today's scrimmage. Pretty good back and forth game. Was done with teams running about 12-15 offensive plays and switching. SC running backs look good and ran hard. I'm not sure who it was I believe Long #22, but he is tough to bring down and was good at picking up a few yards with defenders dropped on him. SC didn't throw much but when they did QB was usually under pressure pretty quick. SC offensive line looks to be on the small side compared to lines from their past. Defense ran a 3-4 or a 4-4 and really looked to defend the pass. DMA was able to get some chunk yards because of the defense. Defense baited Alleyne into a bad throw that would have been a pick but dropped. Alleyne did have a nice TD strike and a nice deep ball with a defender right in his face. Watts-henry had a couple big runs but was caught from behind, you can see DMA will miss Dev Green when it comes to that. O'Dell Teel played well at defensive end, was in the backfield a lot and is a good tackler. He also took a couple series at QB and broke a nice 50 yard TD run. Both teams look not bad for a week of practice but also both teams still have work to do, which is expected after only a week of practice. Both teams caught a break with the weather being around 80 with a good breeze and some cloud cover.

It seems like they are returning most of the skills on offense as well, so in sure they will be a good competive opponent for everyone they play
yeah man they only lost 9 SRs and most of them weren't really starters. Almost their whole offensive production from last year is back sans their leading receiver. They lost last years starting QB but he really wasn't much help passing and was basically a fill in for injured TJ Morris who will be back at the helm this year.

Definitely from the looks of things they will be a tough opponent again this year. They don't have the top end athletes stockpiled like Smyrna and MT but if they play their ball control game on O and assignment ball on D then they can win vs those teams. Which we have seen them do before.

I wouldn't be afraid to put them at 3 behind the two travel all-star teams with a shot to beat one of them if they play their game with minimal mistakes or missed assignments.

yeah man they only lost 9 SRs and most of them weren't really starters. Almost their whole offensive production from last year is back sans their leading receiver. They lost last years starting QB but he really wasn't much help passing and was basically a fill in for injured TJ Morris who will be back at the helm this year.

Definitely from the looks of things they will be a tough opponent again this year. They don't have the top end athletes stockpiled like Smyrna and MT but if they play their ball control game on O and assignment ball on D then they can win vs those teams. Which we have seen them do before.

I wouldn't be afraid to put them at 3 behind the two travel all-star teams with a shot to beat one of them if they play their game with minimal mistakes or missed assignments.
Zimir Gardner was Centrals QB for the last 2 years which includes a state championship. This will be TJs first year as QB1.

Thanks for the clarification. I just assumed because someone TJ was hurt last year and I just looked at last years passing stats and made the assumption. My bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT