ADVERTISEMENT

Dover - 66 Wi-Hi -50

J12

D1AA Prospect
Feb 18, 2002
Dover beats previously unbeaten (5-0) Wi-Hi of the Bayside Conference 66-50 down in Salisbury in a game that they led 16-4 after the first quarter which is pretty impressive considering Wi-Hi averages 85+ ppg. Dover’s Jyheim Spencer finished with 14 pts, 12 rebs, 9 blocks, 3 steals. Elijah Allen & Wanya Wise both had 16 pts.

Last edited:
Dover beats previously unbeaten (5-0) Wi-Hi of the Bayside Conference 66-50 down in Salisbury in a game that they led 16-4 after the first quarter which is pretty impressive considering Wi-Hi averages 85+ ppg. Dover’s Jyheim Spencer finished with 14 pts, 12 rebs, 9 blocks, 3 steals. Elijah Allen & Wanya Wise both had 16 pts.
Bayside is the weakest in Maryland.. Real ballers are on the other side of Maryland but good win for Dover but WI Hi not a power house at all..lol.. Come check the real Maryland teams at Slam Dunk To Beach..lol. Dover will be highly tested against E. Roosevelt.. From other side of Maryland...

Last edited:
I believe Dover will be able to handle Roosevelt. They beat WiHi by 16 and didn't play their best game.

I believe Dover will be able to handle Roosevelt. They beat WiHi by 16 and didn't play their best game.
Yea I don't know about handle but i hope they win.. They on whole another level than WI HI..Trust me on that.. Let me make this real clear Eastern Shore highschool basketball is not on the level of the other side of Maryland power house teams..

Yea I don't know about handle but i hope they win.. They on whole another level than WI HI..Trust me on that.. Let me make this real clear Eastern Shore highschool basketball is not on the level of the other side of Maryland power house teams..

Not even close.. Once you cross that bridge it's a different world over there in PG County

Bayside is the weakest in Maryland.. Real ballers are on the other side of Maryland but good win for Dover but WI Hi not a power house at all..lol.. Come check the real Maryland teams at Slam Dunk To Beach..lol. Dover will be highly tested against E. Roosevelt.. From other side of Maryland...
I am very familiar w/ the Bayside Conference vs teams on the other side of the bridge out of Maryland & anybody that follows high school basketball should know that. I still think that Dover will be OK against Eleanor Roosevelt. The teams over that way are much better for a number of reasons especially the privates.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I will say that if Davis can’t go for Dover tomorrow though that will make a huge difference in the outcome.

Reactions: Roddav3557
Sanford 26 Lake Cliff.. Baltimore MD 24 halftime.. Slam Dunk Beach to Beach... Davis 15 points..

Last edited:
Changing that tune a little bit, I thought U said they would be fine? You must have seen something from Eleanor Roosevelt that impressed you last night...LoL
Super aggressive defense.. Trap half court and full court.. Play 12 players in out game but there weaknesses .. Can't shoot 3s.. But oh boy they pressure the ball..lol

Super aggressive defense.. Trap half court and full court.. Play 12 players in out game but there weaknesses .. Can't shoot 3s.. But oh boy they pressure the ball..lol
I knew it had to be something...LoL. I couldn’t make it so keep them updates coming. If Davis was playing & healthy then I wouldn’t so much be worried bout the trap...hopefully Wise & Allen can handle it but Davis will be missed.

On a side note Sanford has beaten a State Champ from Missouri (Vashon at City of Palms in FL) & a MD State Champ (Lake Clifton 1A) while Dover has beaten a MD 2A State Finalist in Wi-Hi & now facing MD 4A State Champs Eleanor Roosevelt...not bad so far for the First State. Good luck to Dover & Sanford tonight against Roselle Catholic who was ranked #10 nationally preseason I believe.

Last edited:
56-51 Roosevelt Final

Good game. Dover missed Davis’ scoring and ball handling. Surprised Dover didn’t try to extend the game by fouling with about 50 seconds left. They were only down by 3 and both teams struggled at the foul line.

Reactions: Roddav3557
Davis playing?
Davis did not play. Dover loses 56-51. They blew a solid lead in the second half. A couple observations: Davis would have made a difference, but Dover does not seem to run any offense. Allen can be very good, but he dribbles into traps and loses the ball often that way. Spencer is great around the basket, BUT he is never inside on offense! Spends all his time out near the 3 point line. Obviously the coaches are ok with that. What are the coaches thinking there? Where was the Dover press today? They did not look good. Roosevelt outplayed them and deserved to win.

Davis did not play. Dover loses 56-51. They blew a solid lead in the second half. A couple observations: Davis would have made a difference, but Dover does not seem to run any offense. Allen can be very good, but he dribbles into traps and loses the ball often that way. Spencer is great around the basket, BUT he is never inside on offense! Spends all his time out near the 3 point line. Obviously the coaches are ok with that. What are the coaches thinking there? Where was the Dover press today? They did not look good. Roosevelt outplayed them and deserved to win.
Davis is big part of Dover press .. Without him .. Really couldn't put press on like they would like too.. Had that feeling without Davis would be a lot of pressure on other guards... Roosevelt is hard team to play against .. They going keep fighting you all 4 quarters..Seen that lastnight..

Now Sanford turn at 8:00.. But competition 100 times harder than what Dover just faced... Better come with there A game because Roselle Catholic have 2 players that flat out can go.. CJ Wilcher guard signed Xavier and Cliff Omoruyi at Center ..

Now Sanford turn at 8:00.. But competition 100 times harder than what Dover just faced... Better come with there A game because Roselle Catholic have 2 players that flat out can go.. CJ Wilcher guard signed Xavier and Cliff Omoruyi at Center ..
Don’t forget about Niels Lane that is signed to Florida if he is still at Roselle Catholic too.

Once again I like the fact that our small state’s best are are stepping up to the plate this year going head-to-head with the best there is to offer & hoping that will lead to another State Championship game as good as last year’s if the seeding allows it. I want to get out & see what William Penn has this year too though because I have heard good things about them early this season.

Sanford will have to guard against the 3pt shooting of Wilcher. He will probably take the most shots and from really deep. He’s said to be the best shooter in Jersey.

Reactions: Downstate4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT