ADVERTISEMENT

Dover @ Sussex Tech

J12

D1AA Prospect
Feb 18, 2002
Dover up 45-26 @ halftime & looking real good. Jordan Allen has about 13 & Thomas Hoskins w/ 10. Dover is very long & will be a force in the Henlopen...looking forward to the matchups w/ Polytech. Sykes is carrying Sussex Tech right now. The foul-calling is ridiculous...both games that I've attended downstate this year the refs have literally put teams in the 1 and 1 in the first quarter.

This post was edited on 12/9 8:37 PM by J12

Game's not over yet as Sussex Tech makes a push in the 3rd qtr & it's 54-47. 3 fouls called on Sussex Tech in the 3rd qtr alone, 10 on Dover.

70-70 1:09 left...Sykes has taken over & may have about 30 by now.

Headed to OT...Dover was up 72-70, Tech shoots 3 to win & Sykes catches the air ball & puts it back @ the buzzer.

Refs make new rule where the defender can not use his hands to guard the person in front of him...they are calling the hand checking rule very tight this year...in which by doing so will make the games very boring where the refs will literally takeover the games and nobody pays their good earned money to come see the refs...stupid rule let the players play...no way this new rule will prepare our kids to play in the next level because college is a physical game

Dover wins 85-83 on 2 clutch free throws from Jordan Allen w/ 2 secs left. Sykes may have had 40 & if not he could have if he hadn't missed so many free throws.

Refs literally control every game now...this season will not be a test of who has the best team but who can m make there freethrows!!!

@handsdownmandown (great username) & @coachquil I was aware of the new rule but didn't think it would be this bad. The refs may literally be deciding games this year w/ their whistles if this continues throughout the year, kids will be on the bench w/ ticky tack fouls on a regular basis. I am far from one to complain about the refs but people pay to see the young men play & compete...not for the refs to call fouls every time someone is touched w/ a fingertip...they are definitely in total control of the game & also extending games w/ all these fouling calls. You cannot possibly expect our kids to be prepared for the physicality out of state or on the next level by doing this.

J12 looks like it was back and forth down there. So Dover lost a 20pt lead. Was that because of hand checking calls? I think they'll call it hard now then they'll ease up later in season. If not most of games will be won at the foul line.

realdealhoops, the first half was all Dover but they came out in the second half a little flat & relaxed as if the game was over while Sussex Tech came out swinging & Sykes caught fire. It didn't help that 2 of Dover's starters picked up their 4th foul early in the 3rd quarter & had to head to the bench. Dover did get called for a lot of handchecking fouls but the refs appeared to be calling them both ways at times. Sussex Tech's pressure forced Dover into a lot of turnovers in the second half & their crowd had them pumped up while they made their run.
This post was edited on 12/10 1:34 PM by J12

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT