May 10, 2007
Week 3 Picks

Rankings[/B]

DI[/B]

1. William Penn 2-0

2. Salesianum 1-1

3. St. Mark's 1-1

4. Middletown 2-0

5. Concord 1-1, Dover 1-1, Sussex Tech 1-1 (toss up)

DII[/B]

1. Caravel 2-0

2. Hodgson 1-1

3. St. Georges 2-0

4. Lake Forest 2-0

5. Woodbridge 2-0

Newark 2-0 at Glasgow 1-1[/B]

Neither one of these teams was very impressive last week. Newark defeated Charter 35-21 in a game that Charter led 13-0 and was able to push around and control a much bigger and athletic Newark team. Glasgow was defeated by Appo 22-12. Second year Newark QB Ben Campbell has been putting up great numbers so far for the Yellowjackets. Thru 2 games he has passed for 449 yards and 7 TD's. Newark has a talented team but they need to play better than last week. Glasgow looks to be a year away from really challenging the top of Flight A.

Newark 28 Glasgow 20[/I]

[/B]

Hodgson 1-1 at Caesar Rodney[/B]

Hodgson had a nice win last week but that was against Mount Pleasant. CR has started 0-2 playing Sallies and Middletown. CR needs a win and should get it in a close one.

[/I]

Caesar Rodney 17 Hodgson 16[/I]

[/B]

Cape Henlopen 2-0 at Indian River 1-1[/B]

This game looked a lot more interesting until last week when Indian River was handled pretty well at Smyrna losing 35-14. Cape hasn't been tested yet in their 1st two games beating Milford 35-0 and Lower Cape May 53-0.

Cape Henlopen 30 Indian River 17[/I]

St. Mark's 1-1 at Sussex Central 1-1[/B]

St. Mark's found some offense last week winning a close one 35-34 over Sussex Tech. Rhett Schweizer rushed for 152 yards and 3 TD's. The bad news for the Spartans was that they gave up over 300 yards rushing. Sussex Central lost to Lake Forest and now must face a Spartan team that they haven't beaten since 2009. At this point St. Mark's looks like the better team.

St. Mark's 27 Sussex Central 14[/I]

Concord 1-1 at Salesianum 1-1[/B]

Concord had a great win last Saturday morning defeating Dover 41-14. The Sals are coming off their 1st in state loss since losing to Middletown in 2012. Never a good thing to catch Sallies off a loss.

Salesianum 28 Concord 16[/I]

Other games:[/B]

[/B]

Dickinson 21 Mckean 13[/B]……used to be a big rivalry

Delmar 20 St. Elizabeth 7[/B]…..Both teams struggling but Delmar looks to be the stronger of the 2

DMA 20 Tower Hill 14[/B]….DMA hasn't been scored on yet beating Milford and Dickinson; this could be Tower Hill's biggest challenge

Smyrna 21 Laurel 20[/B]….Both teams had nice wins last week, should be a close one

Sussex Tech 35 Milford 7[/B]…..Tech looks to be strong and can move the ball on anyone, Milford is struggling

Middletown 30 Charter 12[/B]…..Charter hung tough with Newark but Middletown is a different story

St. Georges 40 Mt. Pleasant 12[/B]…..St. Georges keeps rolling and has Hodgson up next

Delcastle 19 Appo 17[/B]…..Appo will try and make it 2 in a row against an improving Delcastle team

Lake Forest 27 Brandywine 13[/B]….Lake's win last week against Sussex Central was huge, the Bulldogs need to play much better than they did at Archmere. Game being played at 12. [/B]

[/B]

William Penn 35 AI Dupont 14[/B]….Colonials won't look past AI

Last week 8-5

Season 17-8

[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT