5. Sussex Tech 3-1

DII[/B]

1. St. Georges 4-0

2. Caravel 2-2

3. Hodgson 2-2

4. Lake Forest 4-0

5. Laurel 3-1

Sussex Tech 3-1 at Dover 1-3[/B]

Dover lost their 3rd consecutive game last week losing to St. Mark's on Friday night 38-27. Dover trailed 31-7 in the 3rd quarter then outscored the Spartans 20-7 but came up short in their attempt for a huge comeback. Dover QB Triston Harris completed only 9 of 26 pass attempts and finished with 146 yards passing. That included an 81 yard TD pass to Zaire White in the 2nd quarter to cut the St. Mark's lead to 21-7. Harris rushed 10 times for 65 yards. Dover was led in rushing by senior RB Devlin Locklin who finished with 112 yards on 14 carries. Dover stands at 1-3 on the season but they have yet to play a Henlopen North Conference game. The Senators still have their sights set on competing for the North title and can make a big statement this week by beating Sussex Tech. Sussex Tech defeated Sussex Central 56-35 in a wild Henlopen North battle on the strength of 3 TD runs by all-state RB Kani Kane. Kane had TD runs of 35, 5 and 37 yards in the game bringing his total to 9 TD's on the season. Sussex Tech will be in search of its 1st victory over Dover since 2009. Sussex Tech is averaging 46 points a game on offense and has shown that they can move the ball on anyone. They ran for over 300 yards against a very good St. Mark's defense. Dover has enough weapons on offense to keep this game close and this should be a very entertaining game if you like offense. Dover can't afford another slow start like last week against St. Mark's and against Concord.

Sussex Tech 41 Dover 30[/I]

Woodbridge 3-1 at Laurel 3-1[/B]

Laurel has quickly become a legit contender for the Henlopen South title and last week's win over DMA was a big step forward for a program that hasn't had a winning season since 2009. Laurel defeated DMA 21-7 behind a strong defensive effort and 2 TD runs by Chucky Auguste. Auguste rushed for 209 yards in the game. The Laurel defense which was lit up by Smyrna and St. Georges pitched a shutout against DMA and limited them to 156 total yards. DMA's only score came on an interception return for a TD in the 1st Quarter by standout LB Juwan Morrow. Woodbridge has started the season 3-1 and is led by Logan Wescott. The Blue Raiders have wins over Appo 9-7, Polytech 35-21 and last week against Seaford 47-6. The lone loss for Woodbridge was against Wilmington Friends 24-20. Woodbridge defeated Laurel 35-29 last season in a game where Woodbridge led 35-10 entering the 4th quarter. Laurel looks to be a little deeper and if the defense plays like last week they will be tough to beat.

Laurel 28 Woodbridge 17[/I]

St. Mark's 3-1 at Delaware Military Academy 3-1 (Baynard Stadium)[/B]

St. Mark's won their 3rd consecutive game last Friday night at Dover 38-27. QB Connor Eastep had a breakout performance for St. Mark's passing for 285 yards and 2 Td's. He completed 12 out of 20 attempts on the night. WR Dalton Ziemba scored twice for the Spartans and totaled 176 yards receiving on the night. The St. Mark's offense showed its versatility in the game. St. Mark's had been doing most of their damage in previous games running the football but against Dover they proved that they can be dangerous throwing the football as well. Delaware Military Academy lost for the 1st time last Friday night falling to Laurel 21-7. The DMA offense had trouble moving the ball on Laurel only gaining 156 yards on the night. DMA's only score came on an interception return for a TD early in the 1st Quarter by LB Juwan Morrow. This is the 4th time these teams will have met with St. Mark's easily winning the other three matchups 31-0, 43-7 and 35-7. With the Spartans moving down to Division II next year this is probably a matchup you will see every season. DMA will be looking for a huge upset in this one but St. Mark's looks to be a bit too strong right now.

St. Mark's 38 DMA 7[/I]

Caravel 2-2 at Archmere 3-1[/B]

Since beating Hodgson 39-8 on opening night the Caravel Bucs have lost 2 out of their last 3 games both losses though have come to very good football teams. You could make a legitimate argument that Caravel has played the toughest schedule so far this season. Caravel lost last week to Interboro (PA) 35-28 and the previous week to Archbishop Curley (MD) 34-14. Last week Darnell Savage rushed for 139 yards and 2 TD's on just 6 carries. QB Jackson Argoe threw for 2 TD's in the loss. Savage, who is headed to the University of Maryland next year, leads the Bucs in TD's with 7 on the season. One of Argoe's favorite targets WR Bryce Carney had a 20 yard TD reception last week against Interboro. Carney caught 5 passes for 100 yards and a TD against Archbishop Curley. Archmere on the other hand got blown out in their 1st game at Conwell Egan (PA) 42-0 but since then has run off 3 straight wins. Their most impressive win was a 26-0 win against Brandywine in week 2. They also defeated Tatnall 42-18 and Queen Anne's County (MD) 41-10 last week. Archmere is led by JM Nockett who has 5 rushing TD's and 3 passing TD's and Colin Duffy who has 2 receiving TD's and last week returned a punt 60 yards for a TD. Caravel has won the last 3 matchups against Archmere including last year 20-19. Archmere last defeated Caravel in 2010 28-3 in season where the Auks advanced to the State Championship game where they were defeated by St. Elizabeth. This is a big game for both teams but I believe that Caravel is just a little more talented than the Auks this year.

Caravel 30 Archmere 13[/I]

Newark 4-0 at William Penn 4-0 ****Game of the Week****[/B]

Newark has started this season 4-0 and in the last 2 games they have only allowed a total of 6 points. They defeated Delcastle last week 34-6 and Glasgow the previous week 16-0. They previously defeated Charter 35-21 and Oxford (PA) 40-25. The bad news is that Newark's victories are against opponents who have a combined record of 4-13. This week they face the best team in the state in William Penn. Newark features one of the best QB's in the state in Ben Campbell. Campbell has passed for 767 yards and 10 TD's this year and rushed for 478 yards and 4 TD's. His favorite target is Peter Suski who has 15 receptions for 229 yards and 4 TD's. The Newark defense which struggled a bit against Charter and Oxford will need to have their best game yet in order to give the Yellowjackets a chance to win. William Penn opened with wins over St. Mark's 24-0 and Salesianum 16-10 then easily handled AI 56-23 and Appo 44-0. Now the Colonials get into the heart of their schedule meeting Newark this week, followed by Middletown and then Concord. William Penn is led by RB Reggie Carroll but the Colonials have many different weapons and a very good defense. QB DJ Johnson doesn't throw much but has been very efficient when he does throw. Last week against Appo he was 5-8 passing and 3 of his completions were TD's. Chi Chi Amachi is their top receiving threat hauling in 3 TD's this season. Kick Returner and RB Marvell Watts is dangerous any time he touches the ball. The William Penn defense has only allowed 1 TD in the 1st half this season and last week limited Appo to 85 yards of total offense. William Penn has defeated Newark 8 out of the last 10 times they have played including last year 28-7. Newark would need a huge effort defensively to upset William Penn on Saturday. Right now the Colonials look like a team on a mission and they won't overlook rival and undefeated Newark.

William Penn 35 Newark 14[/I]

[/I]

William Penn vs. Newark Last 10 games[/B]

2013 William Penn 28-7

2012 William Penn 6-0

2011 Newark 35-28

2010 William Penn 27-15

2009 William Penn 41-17

2008 William Penn 21-6 (PLAYOFF GAME)

2008 William Penn 28-0

2007 William Penn 35-16

2006 William Penn 18-0

2005 Newark 28-6 (PLAYOFF GAME)

OTHER GAMES[/B]

Concord 28 Glasgow 6[/I]……..Glasgow is struggling too much right now

Mount Pleasant 26 Dickinson 12[/I]…..Nice win for Mount over Howard

AI DuPont 32 Appo 12[/I]……AI should win this one

Hodgson 27 Howard 6[/I]……Hodgson defense will win this one without Jones

Lake Forest 24 Indian River 22[/I]……Tough call on this one, could go either way

Caesar Rodney 27 Polytech 21[/I]……CR gets their 1st win over a decent Polytech team

Sussex Central 23 Smyrna 20[/I]……..Sussex Central at home gets it done

St. Georges 48 Charter 12[/I]…….Not a good matchup for Charter

Middletown 40 Delcastle 8[/I]…..Middletown rolls with William Penn up next

Delmar 19 Milford 6[/I]…….Delmar gets their 1st win

Last week 13-2

Season 42-13

Fan, nice work here. Any thoughts on the Sallies vs. Poly game? This is the Game of the week for me. Should be a great game.

Poly Prep is led by running back Brenden Femiano, who has an offer on the table from Boston College and interest from at least four other Division-I schools.

Four year starter and quarterback Chris Parker 5'6 160 returns and is joined by sophomore Tegha Egbiri in the backfield and freshman Fara'ad McCombs. QB Parker also starts on defense at safety.

The real strength of the team might be the offensive line which consists of 6-foot-5, 270-pound senior Jacob Small; 6-foot-3, 275-pound senior Edel Nicholas; 6-foot-6, 360-pound junior Justin Morgan; and 6-foot-5, 300-pound sophomore Isaiah Wilson.

Poly Prep is set on defense as well but with only 29 players on their entire roster most players are going both ways. Key performers are defensive back Torres Brown and linebacker Joseph Elci.

Poly Prep is undefeated this year at 5-0 but they haven't played a very difficult schedule. Maxpreps has Poly ranked 1668 in the country as opposed to Sallies who is ranked 1122. For the record I hate national rankings.

Poly Prep Country Day Schedule

Opponent National Rank Score

Fort Hamilton 8107 35-0

Cardinal Hayes NY 6316 39-22

Peddie NJ 5311 28-0

Canada Prep ?? 40-24

Hun NJ 7394 34-7

Salesianum Schedule

Caesar Rodney 6568 28-7

William Penn 390 10-16

Concord 1916 21-7

Glen Mills 7319 28-0

Prediction:

I think the Sals will be up to the challenge playing at home and attempting to get some payback from last year. With only 29 players I think depth and fatigue could be a huge problem for Poly Prep late in the game. The Sals should be able to wear them down and if they can keep Femiano in check they should be ok. Rain and wet field could play a factor but I don't think either team relies on the pass all that much.

Sallies 23-19

This post was edited on 10/3 4:37 PM by fanoffootball123

Really good work on this game, Poly is a classic example of a small school with few players, but can attract 5-6 kids to create a football program that competes at a very high level every year, similar to the Sanford model here in Delaware for basketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT