DII

1. St. Georges 7-0

2. Caravel 5-2

3. Lake Forest 7-0

4. Archmere 5-2

5. Laurel 5-2

Caesar Rodney 2-5 at St. Mark’s 5-2[/B]

[/B]

The Spartans will be flying high after a big win against arch rival and nemesis Salesianum. St. Mark’s defeated the Sals 28-21 last Friday night in front of a big crowd at Baynard Stadium. St. Mark’s got another strong effort from QB Matt Williams who threw 3 TD passes in the victory. Rhett Schweizer scored 2 TD’s on the night, 1 rushing and 1 receiving, and the Spartan defense played maybe their best game yet. The Spartan defense held Salesianum under 200 yards of total offense and held the Sals to just 96 rushing yards. For 3 quarters Friday night it looked like Caesar Rodney was going to pull a huge upset over Sussex Tech but Tech scored 20 points in the 4th quarter to defeat CR 41-25. CR led 25-21 at the half and early in the 4th quarter but was unable to hold onto the lead. The loss snapped the Riders 2 game win streak. St. Mark’s has won this matchup the last 3 years and was last defeated by CR in the semifinals of the 2008 State Tournament 28-21. Barring a major letdown by the Spartans they should win this one.

St. Mark’s 30 Caesar Rodney 14[/I]

[/I]

Laurel 5-2 (2-1 Henlopen South) at Delmar 3-4 (2-1 Henlopen South)[/B]

[/B]

Delmar surprised a lot of people by beating Mount Pleasant last week and beating them in impressive fashion 33-6. Shane Leatherbury accounted for 3 TD’s last week against Mount Pleasant. Leatherbury ran for 2 scores and threw a TD pass in the 1st half. Delmar sits at 3-4 on the season and has a 3 game winning streak. The other 2 victories came against a pair of 1-6 teams in Seaford and Milford. Delmar still has a very outside chance at making the playoffs but they would have to win out and get lots of help. Laurel lost to Lake Forest 36-7 last week in a game that will probably cost the Bulldogs a chance at the South title but Laurel still has a very good chance of making the playoffs especially with Milford and Seaford to finish out the season. Regardless of last week’s outcome Laurel is still a very talented team and a team with 20 seniors that want to finish the season strong and make the playoffs. Delmar is improving and Leatherbury is tough to defend but Laurel is the better team right now. Look for Auguste and Green to get back on track this weekend and lead Laurel to victory. Laurel hasn’t defeated Delmar since 2010 when they beat them 20-14.

Laurel 28 Delmar 18[/I]

Archmere 5-2 at Lake Forest 7-0[/B]

Last week Archmere took care of business and pounded Conrad 42-0 in a game that Archmere controlled for the duration. Archmere scored 21 points in the 1st quarter and led 34-0 at the half. The Auks were led by J.M. Nocket who had 3 TD’s and Pat Udovich who scored twice. Nocket carried the ball 10 times for 75 yards and Pat Udovich added 62 yards on 7 carries. The Archmere run game was unstoppable last weekend but Lake Forest will be a much tougher defense this week. The Archmere defense recorded their 2nd shutout of the season and the Auks defense is allowing 15 points per game. Lake Forest took a huge step towards winning the Henlopen South title by beating Laurel last week 36-7. Lake led Laurel 15-7 at the half but outscored Laurel 21-0 in the 2nd half. Noah Feague-Johnson rushed for 2 TD’s and threw for another in the win. Lake got another outstanding effort from their defense which is holding teams to 12 points per game this season. Last year Archmere dominated Lake Forest 30-8 holding Lake to just 4 first downs in the entire game. The lone score for Lake came on a kickoff return. This should be a very physical defensive game with the Spartans winning a close one.

Lake Forest 16 Archmere 12

Newark 6-1 at Hodgson 4-3[/B]

[/B]

A huge game for both teams. Newark is 6-1 but their remaining schedule is very difficult with games against Middletown and Concord up next. Hodgson has much more to gain by winning this game as they would collect 6 points for defeating a DI team. It would be Hodgson’s 2nd win over a DI team as they beat Caesar Rodney earlier in the season 34-6. Both teams have very good quarterbacks in Ray Jones for Hodgson and Ben Campbell for Newark. Newark averages 30 points per game and gives up 20 per game. Hodgson has averaged 27 points per game while allowing 18 per contest. These teams are very evenly matched and have lots of similarities. Last season Hodgson beat Newark 48-9. In that game Ray Jones rushed for 2 scores and passed for 1. He also intercepted 2 passes. This year the game should be a lot closer but I still see Hodgson winning the game.

Hodgson 28 Newark 21[/I]

[/I]

[/I]

[/I]

Sussex Tech 6-1 (4-0 Henlopen North) at Cape Henlopen 7-0 (3-0 Henlopen North)[/B]

*****Game of the Week*****

Sussex Tech has won 5 straight games since losing to St. Mark’s in week 2. The Ravens have scored at least 35 points in those victories and against St. Mark’s they scored 34. A missed point after TD is all that is keeping Sussex Tech from possibly being unbeaten. Kani Kane leads the way for Sussex Tech scoring 16 TD’s so far this season. Patrick Griffin has 7 TD’s and Xavier Drummond has totaled 4 scores on the year. QB Justin Hill has thrown 10 TD passes this year with 7 of them going to WR Travis Quillin. The Raven offense has been mostly unstoppable this season. They average 44 points per game which ranks them #1 in the state. The biggest question mark for Tech is the defense. The defense is allowing 22 points per game and allowed 35 points to both St. Mark’s and Sussex Central. Last week CR scored 25 points in the 1st half but a 4th quarter rally by Sussex Tech led them to a 41-25 win. Cape Henlopen stands at 7-0 so far this season but a very soft non-conference schedule leads some to believe that they aren’t as good as their record. Cape has dominated most everyone they have played winning their 7 games by an average of 32 points. Cape has their own big running back in William Gibbs 6’1 225. Gibbs rushed for 3 TD’s last week as Cape crushed Polytech 55-10. RB Ja’von Currie scored twice last week and WR Jason Wiberg caught 2 TD passes from QB Tavon Scott. The Vikings have plenty of offensive fire power as they have averaged 42 points this season. The Cape defense has 2 shutouts this season and have only allowed 2 teams to score 20 points (Dover and CR). This game could be one of those games where the team that has the ball last wins. I think you will see lots of points from both teams with Sussex Tech coming out on top. Cape won last year’s meeting 21-6 and hasn’t lost to Sussex Tech since 2010.

Sussex Tech 42 Cape Henlopen 38[/I]

[/I]

Other games[/B]

[/B]

Middletown 35 Appo 12[/I]…..this might be a legit rivalry someday

Howard 28 Dickinson 13[/I]…..Howard bounces back from Smyrna loss

Glasgow 26 Delcastle 20[/I]…..Glasgow had Caravel on the ropes last week and Delcastle is coming off a nice win against Charter.

Tower Hill 30 Conrad 20[/I]…..Tower Hill needs this game but so does Conrad; next year is probably the year for Conrad

Salesianum 38 DMA 7[/I]…..playing the Sals the week after losing to St. Mark’s is not a good thing

Indian River 35 Seaford 7…..[/I]Indian River defeats struggling Seaford

Woodbridge 27 Milford 14[/I]…..Woodbridge snaps their 3 game losing streak but has Sussex Tech up next

Sussex Central 24 Polytech 14[/I]…..Central has some confidence after beating Dover last week

Dover 31 Smyrna 28[/I]….. As with most Dover games it should be exciting

William Penn 56 Charter 6[/I]…..total mismatch

Concord 36 AI DuPont 20[/I]…..Concord looked good against the Colonials and should handle AI

Mount Pleasant 29 McKean 6[/I]…..McKean’s long season continues

St. Georges 34 Brandywine 21[/I]…..this is Brandywine’s playoff game

St. Elizabeth 44 Moyer 8…..[/I] The Vikings get prepared for St. Mark’s next week

Last Week 13-4

Season 84-21

[/B]

[/B]

[/B]

[/B]

[/B]

This post was edited on 10/24 4:44 PM by fanoffootball123

@FOF

great rankings and 100% true......until St.Marks meets WP...

then the party is over...haaaaaaa

just saying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT