ADVERTISEMENT

First round playoff predictions

Feb 27, 2017
Ceaser Rodney vs Cape: Ceaser Rodney, Should be very good game, but Ceaser rodney has been playing at a higher level than cape.

Sg vs Friends: SG, no question about this game, sg is just the better team.

William penn vs Lake Forest: William Penn, Penn has been playing well especially after a strong win over Hodsgon, giving this game to penn.

Milford vs Red Lion: Red Lion, Red Lion has their full team back, and milford hasnt shown enough to get my pick.

St. Marks vs Indian River: St. Marks, St. Marks is just to smart and good to lose to indian river.

Appo vs Howard: Howard, with Appo's team going downhill, and howard playing at a high level Howard has my pick.

Hodgson Vs Caravel: Caravel, Hodsgon has lost their last 2 games, and caravel has come off 3 straight, this is probably the most anticipating game of the night, but I fell caravel has the upper hand.

Sanford Vs Laurel: Sanford, Sanford always has a reputation of doing well in the playoffs, and I dont think anything is changing this year.

THOUGHTS/PREDICTIONS??

Last edited:
Reactions: pksundevil
Caeser Rodney vs Cape: teams split the regular season series, I'm going with CR because it's in their gym.

Sg vs Friends: Both played St. Andrew's in their final game. St. G won by 13, Friends won by 30. St. G. is more athletic, Friends is more disciplined. Fun fact: Friends played better on the road than at home, going 6-3 as the visitor. They played a brutal schedule and are ready for this. Friends in the upset.

William Penn vs Lake Forest: Penn lost 4 of their last 6 and one of the Ws was by 2 points against Poly. Still, Lake hasn't been tested. Going with Penn.

Milford vs Red Lion: Red Lion- as you say, they've got the full team back. Coach Murray gets his first tourney win.

St. Marks vs Indian River: St. Marks, they play tough D and are peaking at the right time.

Appo vs Howard: Appo- I think Cale carries them to at least one win.

Hodgson Vs Caravel: Caravel lost to Lake... I can't pick them to beat Hodgson. Hodgson for the win.

Sanford Vs Laurel: Laurel... last year Woodbridge drew the game at Sanford and got smoked. Laurel lost to WB by 50 this year... to Lake by 23... just can't see the upset. It'll be closer than expected at the half (other than games against St. Andrew's, Sanford has only one win by more than 20 points) but Sanford pulls away.

Reactions: jvm3
CR Vs Cape: Close game but will have cape pulling off a tuff win.
St.George Vs Friends: St.georges just don't see anyone on that back court stopping that back court.
Penn Vs Lake: Have to choose Penn, just beat hodgson they are going to be a surprise team in playoffs.
Milford Vs Red lion: Milford haven't seen much out of Red Lion this year.
St. Marks Vs IR: St. Marks just to discipline and smart to loose to a team like IR.
Appo Vs Howard: Have to choose Appo cant pick a team to upset Cale in first round just wont happen.
Hodgson Vs Caravel: Caravel just beat Glasgow and have Alderman back, Hodgson just lost to Penn and Sanford caravel could be a surprise team.
Sanford Vs Laurel: Sanford can't choose against Davis and Stan in early playoffs.

Caeser Rodney vs Cape: teams split the regular season series, I'm going with CR because it's in their gym.

Sg vs Friends: Both played St. Andrew's in their final game. St. G won by 13, Friends won by 30. St. G. is more athletic, Friends is more disciplined. Fun fact: Friends played better on the road than at home, going 6-3 as the visitor. They played a brutal schedule and are ready for this. Friends in the upset.

William Penn vs Lake Forest: Penn lost 4 of their last 6 and one of the Ws was by 2 points against Poly. Still, Lake hasn't been tested. Going with Penn.

Milford vs Red Lion: Red Lion- as you say, they've got the full team back. Coach Murray gets his first tourney win.

St. Marks vs Indian River: St. Marks, they play tough D and are peaking at the right time.

Appo vs Howard: Appo- I think Cale carries them to at least one win.

Hodgson Vs Caravel: Caravel lost to Lake... I can't pick them to beat Hodgson. Hodgson for the win.

Sanford Vs Laurel: Laurel... last year Woodbridge drew the game at Sanford and got smoked. Laurel lost to WB by 50 this year... to Lake by 23... just can't see the upset. It'll be closer than expected at the half (other than games against St. Andrew's, Sanford has only one win by more than 20 points) but Sanford pulls away.
Solid reasoning i can definitely see your upsets I just cant see Kyson losing first round his senior season especially after the dominant performances he had last year at the bob.

Ceaser Rodney vs Cape: Ceaser Rodney, Should be very good game, but Ceaser rodney has been playing at a higher level than cape.

Sg vs Friends: SG, no question about this game, sg is just the better team.

William penn vs Lake Forest: William Penn, Penn has been playing well especially after a strong win over Hodsgon, giving this game to penn.

Milford vs Red Lion: Red Lion, Red Lion has their full team back, and milford hasnt shown enough to get my pick.

St. Marks vs Indian River: St. Marks, St. Marks is just to smart and good to lose to indian river.

Appo vs Howard: Howard, with Appo's team going downhill, and howard playing at a high level Howard has my pick.

Hodgson Vs Caravel: Caravel, Hodsgon has lost their last 2 games, and caravel has come off 3 straight, this is probably the most anticipating game of the night, but I fell caravel has the upper hand.

Sanford Vs Laurel: Sanford, Sanford always has a reputation of doing well in the playoffs, and I dont think anything is changing this year.

THOUGHTS/PREDICTIONS??
Cape,SG,WP,RL,St.M,Howard,Hodgson,
Sanford

Saw Cape-CR in Dover which CR won. Not particularly impressed with either, but CR looks like the better team and wins again.

St George has more talent, more experience and at home. SG wins.

Sounds like Lake is rebounding as a program, which is great. Didn't see them. Wm Penn has improved a lot since early games. Penn takes this one.

Haven't seen Milford either, but they usually play well in the tournament. I'll take them at home.

St Marks will score enough points to beat IR.

Appo and Howard are going in different directions. Howard's backcourt is very good. Cale gets his 20 but Howard wins.

3 weeks ago I would have said Hodgson by double digits. But they may have peaked too soon. Their offense is really struggling. Caravel too is rebuilding its program. This should be the best game of the night. I'll take........Hodgson as the home team and with more experienced coach.

Laurel has little to no chance against Sanford.

Cape - in a close one
St. G - easily
WP - other than WB can't see a Henlopen South team getting a win
Milford - at home, experienced program
St. Marks - possible sleeper
Apps - Myles doesn't go out 1sr round
HVT - LJ's last stand
Sanford - enough said

Big disappointment if 3 of the 4 best Seniors / next level players in the state go out in the first round.

@will if you pick milford, then thats 2 south teams in the second round. It's impressive that 5 henlopen south teams get in tbh.

Im going St. G, WP, Milford, Appo, St. Marks, CR, Hodgson, and Sanford

Why??? Explain I might come see it.
Cape is a very disciplined and well put together team. Rickards is a straight up bucket!! and Robertson is able to play the inside out game and give C.R bigs some issues and Barnes is a good freshmen.
C.R is on a mission. Senior led team that is ready to make a statement in the tourney. Play well together and are able to RUN RUN RUN! And they split the season series 1-1

I think CR vs Cape is a really good match up. Especially being in the same conference and split wins through out the regular season. If you're a downstate hoops fan definitely a game you want to see.

Reactions: 84rider
Def a game where I like the match up and both being Henlopen North Rivals but I have seen enough of both of them this year haha But Cape with Rickards back will make it a way more contestful game

Cape w/ Rickards back???...Rickards played the last game where CR was up 23 after 3 quarters & he only finished w/ 3 pts. He will have to come better than that for Cape to win. I'm taking CR.

Cape w/ Rickards back???...Rickards played the last game where CR was up 23 after 3 quarters & he only finished w/ 3 pts. He will have to come better than that for Cape to win. I'm taking CR.
Think he saying.. He is back because he wont be in foul trouble... He wont be this time... That last game means nothing...Cape blew them out at Cape too.. Like i said before Its toss up. But Cape come to play .. Might be an overtime game.. Think going to that game tonight.. Closer for me.

Cape is a very disciplined and well put together team. Rickards is a straight up bucket!! and Robertson is able to play the inside out game and give C.R bigs some issues and Barnes is a good freshmen.
C.R is on a mission. Senior led team that is ready to make a statement in the tourney. Play well together and are able to RUN RUN RUN! And they split the season series 1-1
Man you can be my promoter anyday.. Lol.. You got me hyped to go now.. Best breakdown of a game in a while that i heard...

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Are you kidding me? Connor Rufo will simply walk onto the court, flex his bulging muscles at the Laurel players, and the game will be all but over. This kid runs like a deer in transition and has the strength of an ox... this game will be no contest
Couldn't agree more he's gonna flex those big arms all the way to the state championship

1st game Rickards had 24. Any Given Day!

Think he saying.. He is back because he wont be in foul trouble... He wont be this time... That last game means nothing...Cape blew them out at Cape too.. Like i said before Its toss up. But Cape come to play .. Might be an overtime game.. Think going to that game tonight.. Closer for me.

Wishful thinking from a big time Cape fan...LoL. Should I ask now though what the knock on Coach Re will be this time if Cape loses?

Also, I think the CR/Cape winner matches up w/ Mt. Pleasant better than some people may think. Road game up that way though will be tough for either team.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Are you kidding me? Connor Rufo will simply walk onto the court, flex his bulging muscles at the Laurel players, and the game will be all but over. This kid runs like a deer in transition and has the strength of an ox... this game will be no contest
My bad... Completely forgot about Connor Rufo and his huge arms, deep voice, and perfectly combed hair. It'll be hard for most teams to compete with that.

Reactions: hoopcentral12
Also, I think the CR/Cape winner matches up w/ Mt. Pleasant better than some people may think. Road game up that way though will be tough for either team.

I remember 2 years ago when Sussex Tech traveled up to Mount on a Saturday Morning for a 2nd round game and Skyes went off until Mount had 6 on the court in O.T lol

CR Cape game hopefully the refs let them play ! No ref drama, should be a very good game, could go either way smh, hate to see them play each other in the 1st round....

Wishful thinking from a big time Cape fan...LoL. Should I ask now though what the knock on Coach Re will be this time if Cape loses?
He wont run triangle and 2 on C.R.'s two guards.. Do that and Cape wins easily.. But he wont and iam just going to prey after that..lol

@hoopsdownstate, I disagree with you bro, I think CR's big men are better passers than you think cuts to the hole off the ball will beat a triangle def all day long imo all about moving the ball and cutting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT