ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores Week 1

Smyrna just scored on a run by Holman .. 2 pt NG... not sure of the score feed doesnt show it and no sound

FNL Week 1 finals

3:30 Charter 21 @ FSMA 6
4pm Dickinson 8 @ Early College 6
4pm Severn School (MD) 41 @ St Andrews 30
6pm Odessa 14 @ McDupont 28
6pm IR 0 @ Stephen Decatur (MD) 42 🏃‍♂️⏲️
7pm Smyrna 14 @ Arundel (MD) 0
7pm AB Curley 44 @ DMA 12
7pm BWine 0 @ Laurel 45 🏃‍♂️⏲️
7pm North County (MD) 14 @ Milford 28
7pm RLCA 0 @ St Marks 48 🏃‍♂️⏲️
7pm Sallies 0 @ Central 7
7pm Delcastle 20 @ Tech 28
7pm Seaford 34 @ Tower Hill 21
7:30 STG 41 @ CR 6 🏃‍♂️⏲️
7:30 Friends 31 @ Delmar 6

Texted my son in law that after that Sals performance he should change his name and move to Marcus Hook....
By the way, this was not meant to demean Sussex Central Golden Knights who have beaten the Sals in a few big games in the past decade.

It is about the Big S. How do you "run" a "high octane" offense and get shout out in DE HS FB? When is the last time a Sals FB team was shut out?? (I am excluding the 35-0 loss at Malvern 2 years ago that was put together at the last minute as the Covid Compromise Scheduling game.)

Maybe a couple of moderately talented Sals teams in the 1980's were shut out against stacked Coatesville and Downingtown teams.

OK, that is enough negativity for September. Even the Kelly's should win today although I am rooting for Southern against LSU and am rooting for Alabama State against UCLA.

Have a nice weekend, my fellow scholars!!!!

The last time the Broom Streeters were shut out by a Delaware team was in 2012. I watched the game last night on Utube (before the feed was inexplicably shut off midway thru the third quarter) and see their problem. The O line is like UD. Big with no push.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
The last time the Broom Streeters were shut out by a Delaware team was in 2012. I watched the game last night on Utube (before the feed was inexplicably shut off midway thru the third quarter) and see their problem. The O line is like UD. Big with no push.
...and those shutouts were at the had of one of the greatest DE HS FB teams of all time - the 2012 Middletown group - led by Darius Wade (as a Jr). It's funny that '12 Sals team was 10-2...both shutout losses to MDT.

Banning myself for 24 hours unless the Holy Spirit overtakes me.

By the way, this was not meant to demean Sussex Central Golden Knights who have beaten the Sals in a few big games in the past decade.

It is about the Big S. How do you "run" a "high octane" offense and get shout out in DE HS FB? When is the last time a Sals FB team was shut out?? (I am excluding the 35-0 loss at Malvern 2 years ago that was put together at the last minute as the Covid Compromise Scheduling game.)

Maybe a couple of moderately talented Sals teams in the 1980's were shut out against stacked Coatesville and Downingtown teams.

OK, that is enough negativity for September. Even the Kelly's should win today although I am rooting for Southern against LSU and am rooting for Alabama State against UCLA.

Have a nice weekend, my fellow scholars!!!!

As one poster said prior Sals should go back to the old offense and based on their personnel this year I concur. Freshman QB and two bruiser backs Curley and Ransome. Fr QB too small to be a threat right now with the RPO plays.. To run that high octane O you need high octane playmakers. They don't have any... Line up the I and bang away.

Sallies has a bye week this week.. hmmmmm? I wouldn't put it past BDN to take over the O and insert "his thing".. maybe? maybe not?

Life long No. Wilmington guy and have been able to figure out how the Sals are not competitive in football each and every year. 4 states to recruit and still can't put together a championship caliber team year in and year out, or one that can schedule a Garnet Valley and other PA teams and win more than less. Even with Middletown and Smyrna actively recruiting, the Sals should be able to keep up.

Maybe they should fire their recruiting coordinator. LOL. Academic requirements might be hindering their "recruiting". I know this is a football board but there is a lot more going on at Salesianum than just football.

As far as the offense goes I was kind of joking last night when I said to return to the old offense. The Dinardo offense had run it's course. They needed a change but maybe they went too far. Asking a lot of a young QB this year. Especially when it looks like the best players are the 2 running backs. An inexperienced line doesn't help either. On a good note the defensive was good last night especially the D-line.

Sussex Central is the better team though. I'm guessing they might be disappointed in only winning the game 7-0. Great defense so far by SC this season.

Question.. I forget but if a team gets to practice a week earlier if they have a week 0 game are they allowed to practice during their bye week?

Maybe they should fire their recruiting coordinator. LOL. Academic requirements might be hindering their "recruiting". I know this is a football board but there is a lot more going on at Salesianum than just football.

As far as the offense goes I was kind of joking last night when I said to return to the old offense. The Dinardo offense had run it's course. They needed a change but maybe they went too far. Asking a lot of a young QB this year. Especially when it looks like the best players are the 2 running backs. An inexperienced line doesn't help either. On a good note the defensive was good last night especially the D-line.

Sussex Central is the better team though. I'm guessing they might be disappointed in only winning the game 7-0. Great defense so far by SC this season.
well one of the problems is they really aren't running the spread, RPO or whatever correctly. I mean really they are back to having the QB run to the sidelines to get the play. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of an up tempo spread offense. Not really sure they are running concepts either and definitely no switch route concepts.

Last edited:
Reactions: fanoffootball123
Absolutely. I can't believe how many teams still run the QB to the sideline. Most Teams in Delaware excluding Smyrna don't run the spread correctly.
Bottomline is Sallies doesn't really have the personnel or the coach to run it anyway. They need to spend some of that Rocco dough on some X Y Z's ..lol

I was at the game last night and have no dog in the fight. I found it interesting that Sal ran the ball with number seven pretty efficiently but when they got to the red zone they went to the air and it did not work. Their O was pretty predictable. Number seven was in the game they ran the ball and move the chains. When he came out of the game the ball was in the air drive stalled every time

I think with a little time they will be ok. Remember, it's a 15 year old kid running the show.
This is not relevant to this thread but the word is JacobTiberi is transferring to Woodbridge. That's an awful long way to transfer to play football.

Reactions: Huskerman7
This is not relevant to this thread but the word is JacobTiberi is transferring to Woodbridge. That's an awful long way to transfer to play football.
only way he can do that and play is if he moves in Woodbridge feeder zone. Maybe he is moving in with Dooley..lol

Reactions: Woody_Wood
only way he can do that and play is if he moves in Woodbridge feeder zone. Maybe he is moving in with Dooley..lol

Actually it would be his 2nd transfer so he would have to wait until next year to play baring getting some kind of hardship waiver and Sallies hosed me won't cut it.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Maybe a QB change would help.
Nobody has answered what happened with their senior that was supposed to be the starter Elijah Gibson. I noticed his number changed from 18 to 2. Did he change positions or is he injured? C'mon Sals guys what gives? and then what about Tiberi? what happened there? I get the freshman was a sought after 8th grader from Jersey who was courting a few private schools and maybe some promises were made to get him to sign? I dunno... but there is a story here. @Huskerman7 get on it lol

oh hey @Threedogs3 good to see you post again. It's been a minute. Like since Willy Penn was winning. :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT