ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores Week 4

Game stats and summaries for Massillon vs Middletown..

Very extensive..

CO24 #42 DE Tristen Graham had a monster game

6 solo 8 asst 10 tackles . 2 tfl's a fumble forced and a sack

caught the attention of the Massillon faithful as well

310077041_10159883680440743_8365210338764633235_n.jpg

Last edited:
It was an unfortunate situation, the kid is an Honor student, he chose to stay at MHS to finish what he started with his classmates. The coaches at Middletown made him a team captain to show that they were going to stand behind him and turn a negative situation into a positive one. Next year he will be playing college football and working on whatever degree he decides to pursue! As adults I thought this would be easy to understand, but as some of you are confused , I hope this helps.kudos to all involved , so we don’t have the mindset to push kids away when we can not benefit from their talent!!

It was an unfortunate situation, the kid is an Honor student, he chose to stay at MHS to finish what he started with his classmates. The coaches at Middletown made him a team captain to show that they were going to stand behind him and turn a negative situation into a positive one. Next year he will be playing college football and working on whatever degree he decides to pursue! As adults I thought this would be easy to understand, but as some of you are confused , I hope this helps.kudos to all involved , so we don’t have the mindset to push kids away when we can not benefit from their talent!!
Nothing against the kid at all but he really should already be in college doing just what you said. Particularly if he is an honor student he then easily could have gotten the credits needed to graduate with his class. Whatever or whomever gave him or his people the idea he could transfer to DE and reclass is the real question.

I agree , he obviously was misinformed, but moving forward this was the course of action he chose to take. I’m not sure if he going to early enroll in January, or after the school year. I m just saying his recruiting before incident was heating up and it was never about grades.

Academically ineligible to honor student. Must be the DE public school system is better than we thought. Come on, man. The kid new what his grades were leaving tenth grade and so did the parents. And it's not like he self reported. I don't remember how exactly this was discovered and don't care. I don't care if it was residency either. Everyone who knew he was ineligible is attached to the football team. Now the precedent is set: ineligible player? Play them anyway as there are no consequences, you know, like DMA. Team loyalty is great, just don't lose sight of the facts that this was covered up until exposed.

I agree , he obviously was misinformed, but moving forward this was the course of action he chose to take. I’m not sure if he going to early enroll in January, or after the school year. I m just saying his recruiting before incident was heating up and it was never about grades.
How can you say it wasn't about grades when he was academically ineligible to play in PA and then comes here and played while academically ineligible? I get it.. he had something happen that caused him to miss school or whatever but it is what it is. It's my opinion if he is smart enough to get eligible and make honor roll 1st Semester last year then he could have easily graduated with his class and be at college. It's not like he didn't have offers. Personally I think this situation falls on the MT coaching staff and that is why I made the they feel guilty comment. JMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
Ok without going to much into a kid who is not mine, and personal issues, the issue came about how he played the Covid season and last year would of been his 4 year of participation.

Academically ineligible to honor student. Must be the DE public school system is better than we thought. Come on, man. The kid new what his grades were leaving tenth grade and so did the parents. And it's not like he self reported. I don't remember how exactly this was discovered and don't care. I don't care if it was residency either. Everyone who knew he was ineligible is attached to the football team. Now the precedent is set: ineligible player? Play them anyway as there are no consequences, you know, like DMA. Team loyalty is great, just don't lose sight of the facts that this was covered up until expo

It got caught because a college recruiting coordinator came looking for transcripts for him and discovered it. MT didn't self report anything until they had to.

I am pretty sure MT would have played him this year also except for the emails sent to DIAA about years of participation so they had to try and do the waiver thing last minute. Why the hell wouldn't MT have put in for that waiver last year when he reclassed coming here. They screwed the kid by trying to game the system and got caught plain and simple. So to save face they make him a Capt. woo hoo for the kid. That's how I see it anyway.. maybe he loves not playing and going out for the coin toss I don't know..

It’s all public opinion and the truth of matter may never be an official reason to who is at fault , and all of the he said she said will continue, but the young man WILL be going to college when his journey at MHS is over. Now that may be easier to understand. He not playing and that’s bottom line.

Reactions: 31341
Ok without going to much into a kid who is not mine, and personal issues, the issue came about how he played the Covid season and last year would of been his 4 year of participation.
Would not have mattered if he played covid year or not. No one got any covid do overs in any state. Well except Kentucky. The rule is simple. You have 4 consecutive years to play once you enter high school period. The years count whether you play or not. It's the same rule in every state.

I’m out of loop as far as recruiting in this day and age, but back in day nobody’s time was gonna be wasted. Was gonna be any visits , official or unofficial if the grades and SAT scores didn’t give you a realistic shot at going to said school! Im guessing times have changed.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I’m out of loop as far as recruiting in this day and age, but back in day nobody’s time was gonna be wasted. Was gonna be any visits , official or unofficial if the grades and SAT scores didn’t give you a realistic shot at going to said school! Im guessing times have changed.
lol.. oh yes Sir , Times have definitely changed in the NCAA recruiting racket..

It’s all public opinion and the truth of matter may never be an official reason to who is at fault , and all of the he said she said will continue, but the young man WILL be going to college when his journey at MHS is over. Now that may be easier to understand. He not playing and that’s bottom line.

This thread is perfect example why trotting him out there as a Capt is stupid. This issue was over with and nobody would even be talking about it. It's almost like MT is giving the one finger salute to the DIAA doing that lol

I am sure the kid will go on and do great things in college. I am not hoping for anything else but MT needs to get over themselves.

Last edited:
I remember reading few weeks back that someone was saying he was supposed to be playing in OOS games. Just nonsense,
That was nonsense. It's against the rules for 5th year players to play in those OOS games as well as those teams and associations don't permit it.. Unless they played someone like SFA or some of the other couple programs that don't follow association rules like Life Christian Academy which is a predominately 5th year player program. Actually he could have played vs Massillon. OHSAA doesn't care who their teams play. Massillon played Bishop Sycamore in 2020 who had guys that graduated high school on the team lol

Blind Faith was a band in the 60's. This is the only time finding the words blind and faith connected is ok. MT people should review this. In addition, loyalty and integrity are hard to combine as MT football folks have the loyalty, but the football staff and school staff appear to lack integrity. The staff and school arguing they should be able to keep their championship in face of concrete evidence they cheated says it all.

Well I guess last year championship game is tainted between the two teams with few issues. Middletown forfeited all games except the last two upon going to the open tournament. I know the seeding would’ve been different and , anything could of happened! BS Smyrna who played their QB in the face of a sure suspension for a fight that happened the Thursday before the game.

Well I guess last year championship game is tainted between the two teams with few issues. Middletown forfeited all games except the last two upon going to the open tournament. I know the seeding would’ve been different and , anything could of happened! BS Smyrna who played their QB in the face of a sure suspension for a fight that happened the Thursday before the game.

All but last game reg season vs HVT. Their official regular season record is 1-7 (also note they didn't count game vs St Joes a fft because they lost and it wouldn't be fair to SJP as far as rankings and playoff points go) The Arundel game got scratched due to weather and Sals was scratched for that situation. SO.. 1 win, 6 fft losses, 1 real loss and 2 no contest.

We could probably put an * on the last two championships.. Central shouldn't even have made the tournament in 2020 based on the Covid amended rules originally published plus only 7 reg season games and 4 teams in tourney.

Last edited:
FNL Finals

Thurs
Tatnall 30 Dickinson 0

Fri
DMA 27 McDupont 14
CA 44 Concord 6 ⏲️
Laurel 50 Poly 6 ⏲️
IR 21 Seaford 20
Smyrna 22 Central 0
Tech 33 Lake 30
Massillon 42 Middletown 24