ADVERTISEMENT

Football winding down it’s time to talk lacrosse

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Sallies clear #1 and it’s not even close his year - Falconertti, 2 Bushwellers, 2 Mcgoverns, 3 All state D, cannon, Wong, etc. Team is absolutely loaded. Hell added 3 great FR - Bushwellrer, Mcgovern and Driggs. The rich got richer. Who’s batting for #2?

Appo looks good this year and will be a scoring machine. D should be better they picked up the Groves kid that started at Caravel as an 8th grader on D. Garrison might be one of the best players in the state.

CR looks weaker this year, they lost a lot. Mcleary and Brockmeyer are great on D lost some serious offense though.

Cape looks to be good, similar to Appo a decent D bit offense is going to put points up. Best is a beast young attack.

Archmere has Moyer and Bauer returning. Damn there gonna score but lost entire D. Good FR D coming in this Yanick that will probably start and help.

Tower Hill bounces back and makes the play offs - probably one of the two best FR in the state this year with Hickey (20+ goals as an 8th grader last year) with Groves from Appo being the other.

DMA lost Cook and Kirlin but have younger Cook and Ruggerio so they will make the tournament but not as good as last year.

Tatnall is loading up. Tons of talent building here expect they make a run. Great incoming FR Rouss and his brother is a stud D pole on team already. Seems like half of 302 club are Tatnall boys.

Caravel will take a dive after last year. Lost all 3 starters on D, 3 top middies behind Jamison Young and all stare goalie. Basically have Jamison’s a young and the FOGO thts really good.

Sanford will be sneaky good. Lucky at FOGO brought in a bunch of MD talent including this kid Colin Campbell which will be a great 9th grader. Losing Bloom hurts but with Lucky brothers, Baugess on D and the new Campbell kid they are going to tournament this year.

One team I don’t know much about is Friends. I know they got Redd back but what else?

What’s Dover have back this year? Sure they will probably be a tournament team.

Teams that have a shot at being decent: Milford, St Marks, Charter, Newark Charter, St E’s, Smyrna, St Andrews, Etc.

I am ready for some lacrosse.

Dover lost everyone, they will not be a good team. 2 good players left and after that they look like a regular public team after a big class leaves.

Cape was very young last year with the exception of a few top players, but their underclassman are elite. I think they are the clear #2.

Archmere, Friends, Tatnall and Sanford will beat just about anyone not listed about and split with each other, DMA is probably in that group, Appo has a lot to prove. CR won't be as good obviously but they are still a strong team.

St.Marks and Wilm Charter are the only 2 in that last group you have that are worth discussing, the rest of those are just average to below average. Milf is good but they can't beat any of the top teams, Smyrna is similar to that.

Middletown, Concord, St.Georges will be decent but they cant beat lower level playoff teams.

Dover lost everyone, they will not be a good team. 2 good players left and after that they look like a regular public team after a big class leaves.

Cape was very young last year with the exception of a few top players, but their underclassman are elite. I think they are the clear #2.

Archmere, Friends, Tatnall and Sanford will beat just about anyone not listed about and split with each other, DMA is probably in that group, Appo has a lot to prove. CR won't be as good obviously but they are still a strong team.

St.Marks and Wilm Charter are the only 2 in that last group you have that are worth discussing, the rest of those are just average to below average. Milf is good but they can't beat any of the top teams, Smyrna is similar to that.

Middletown, Concord, St.Georges will be decent but they cant beat lower level playoff teams.

Good stuff.

On Sanford i didn’t know Bloom was back and I saw the FR kid last weekend - son played against him - and he will be as good as pretty much any kid in DE. Total stud player. Sanford could make some noise.

Sanfords coach is very good, hard working guy and they will start attracting talent regularly. Will be a solid elite teir team by the time his kids are sr/jr

Appo also has a very good young group but may lack the elite level upperclassman they've had the past few years, but if those underclassman can make an early impact and what's left can step up, they're a bigger sleeper than normal because most expect them just to get worse every year they get further from that state finalist group. Underrated coaches there that do a very good job. Probably the most disrespected head coach over the last 5-6 years.

I always expect Delmar to break through, hard to keep up with what's going on with them, but also an underrated staff that has good numbers but built differently than most. If they can surround Trader with anything they could cruise through their schedule. I thought their goalie last year was one of the best in the state, severely overlooked and a huge hole to fill.

Wilm Charter won't be able to keep up with DMA or Archmere, distant 3rd in conference but much better than anything else in conference, their points could make them a low seed, but they are not deep and running out of the type of talent they typically get.

Sanfords coach is very good, hard working guy and they will start attracting talent regularly. Will be a solid elite teir team by the time his kids are sr/jr

Appo also has a very good young group but may lack the elite level upperclassman they've had the past few years, but if those underclassman can make an early impact and what's left can step up, they're a bigger sleeper than normal because most expect them just to get worse every year they get further from that state finalist group. Underrated coaches there that do a very good job. Probably the most disrespected head coach over the last 5-6 years.

I always expect Delmar to break through, hard to keep up with what's going on with them, but also an underrated staff that has good numbers but built differently than most. If they can surround Trader with anything they could cruise through their schedule. I thought their goalie last year was one of the best in the state, severely overlooked and a huge hole to fill.

Wilm Charter won't be able to keep up with DMA or Archmere, distant 3rd in conference but much better than anything else in conference, their points could make them a low seed, but they are not deep and running out of the type of talent they typically get.

I didnt know who the Trader kid was just saw some film. Damn he's a beast.

The Cape/CR, Appo/Cape, Appo/CR games are exciting for the Delaware lacrosse public school programs. Those three have separated themselves from the rest and I look forward to the games this year.

Sallies clear #1 and it’s not even close his year - Falconertti, 2 Bushwellers, 2 Mcgoverns, 3 All state D, cannon, Wong, etc. Team is absolutely loaded. Hell added 3 great FR - Bushwellrer, Mcgovern and Driggs. The rich got richer. Who’s batting for #2?

Appo looks good this year and will be a scoring machine. D should be better they picked up the Groves kid that started at Caravel as an 8th grader on D. Garrison might be one of the best players in the state.

CR looks weaker this year, they lost a lot. Mcleary and Brockmeyer are great on D lost some serious offense though.

Cape looks to be good, similar to Appo a decent D bit offense is going to put points up. Best is a beast young attack.

Archmere has Moyer and Bauer returning. Damn there gonna score but lost entire D. Good FR D coming in this Yanick that will probably start and help.

Tower Hill bounces back and makes the play offs - probably one of the two best FR in the state this year with Hickey (20+ goals as an 8th grader last year) with Groves from Appo being the other.

DMA lost Cook and Kirlin but have younger Cook and Ruggerio so they will make the tournament but not as good as last year.

Tatnall is loading up. Tons of talent building here expect they make a run. Great incoming FR Rouss and his brother is a stud D pole on team already. Seems like half of 302 club are Tatnall boys.

Caravel will take a dive after last year. Lost all 3 starters on D, 3 top middies behind Jamison Young and all stare goalie. Basically have Jamison’s a young and the FOGO thts really good.

Sanford will be sneaky good. Lucky at FOGO brought in a bunch of MD talent including this kid Colin Campbell which will be a great 9th grader. Losing Bloom hurts but with Lucky brothers, Baugess on D and the new Campbell kid they are going to tournament this year.

One team I don’t know much about is Friends. I know they got Redd back but what else?

What’s Dover have back this year? Sure they will probably be a tournament team.

Teams that have a shot at being decent: Milford, St Marks, Charter, Newark Charter, St E’s, Smyrna, St Andrews, Etc.

I am ready for some lacrosse.

Are any of these new kids at Sallies FOGO's? It's the area that keeps the Sals from having a better chance of getting over the hump and beating Malvern. I have seen the Malvern/Sallies game every year since Malvern was put on the schedule and every year the Malvern FOGO dominants. The year the Sals took Malvern to OT the kid from Malvern won every second half face off....and the Sals still took it to OT.

In my opinion the Sals can compete with almost any team in the country but the top twenty teams always seem to have superior FOGO's

Are any of these new kids at Sallies FOGO's? It's the area that keeps the Sals from having a better chance of getting over the hump and beating Malvern. I have seen the Malvern/Sallies game every year since Malvern was put on the schedule and every year the Malvern FOGO dominants. The year the Sals took Malvern to OT the kid from Malvern won every second half face off....and the Sals still took it to OT.

In my opinion the Sals can compete with almost any team in the country but the top twenty teams always seem to have superior FOGO's

Wasn’t there starting FOGO a FR last year. Think he is a pretty good club player from PA.

And I definetly agree about that usually being thier weak spot. Remember the Appo vs Sals championship game and a Appo was up early and everyone was shocked but it was because thier FOGO won every face off. Sals moved Lyons up to take face offs and he just physically killed the kid and they came back and won by like 10 goals

Wasn’t there starting FOGO a FR last year. Think he is a pretty good club player from PA.

And I definitely agree about that usually being their weak spot. Remember the Appo vs Sals championship game and a Appo was up early and everyone was shocked but it was because thier FOGO won every face off. Sals moved Lyons up to take face offs and he just physically killed the kid and they came back and won by like 10 goals

You are correct, the kid who took most of the face offs for the Sals last year was a freshman.

And I do remember the Appo game. I believe the kid from Appo continued to win the clamp but Lyons just man handled the kid and the Sals starting coming away with the loose ball.

Who has the best defense, midfield, and attack in the state?

Damn tough question.

Best D is pretty obvious. Sallies with Kennedy, Marion, Fowler plus LSM Rotura and the transfer from CR. This isn’t really even debatable.

Midfield I know individual kids but the entire midfield a tougher call. Probably Sallies again - Bushweller, Sanford, Cannon, etc.

Attack Sallies is loaded but Cape has a good set too with the Best kids, Archmere with Moyer and Baur, Appo with Garrison, Massey, Wohlar, etc. End of day think Sallies with Mcgovern, Wong and Falconetti is probably the best BUT there are some other teams with good attack lines.

FOGO you have a few real good ones. Lucky @ Sanford, Riley @ Sallies, etc. While not a popular choice I would put Luke Duarte @ Caravel up against all these other kids. He is a damn good FOGO. Also Ruggerio at DMA but rumor has it he wants to play attack and
Might not even do FOGO this year.

All just my opinion from watching most
Of these kids in HS and some
In club too.

Damn tough question.

Best D is pretty obvious. Sallies with Kennedy, Marion, Fowler plus LSM Rotura and the transfer from CR. This isn’t really even debatable.

Midfield I know individual kids but the entire midfield a tougher call. Probably Sallies again - Bushweller, Sanford, Cannon, etc.

Attack Sallies is loaded but Cape has a good set too with the Best kids, Archmere with Moyer and Baur, Appo with Garrison, Massey, Wohlar, etc. End of day think Sallies with Mcgovern, Wong and Falconetti is probably the best BUT there are some other teams with good attack lines.

FOGO you have a few real good ones. Lucky @ Sanford, Riley @ Sallies, etc. While not a popular choice I would put Luke Duarte @ Caravel up against all these other kids. He is a damn good FOGO. Also Ruggerio at DMA but rumor has it he wants to play attack and

In club too.
Who is the Sals transfer from CR? And I do not remember Sanford from last year. Is he a freshman?

Damn tough question.

In club too.
I believe Baur plays Mid and Archmere's attack is Moyer, Collins, and Neill. Have not seen much of sanfords fogo but I agree with Duarte (wrestlers make the best fogos). Otherwise I should have made the question, outside of sallies, lol.

Who is the Sals transfer from CR? And I do not remember Sanford from last year. Is he a freshman?

Yeah the Sanford kid is the coaches son was 2nd team all state - Tim Lucky. Good kid have talked with him before real nice kid,

The CR transfer to Sallies is a real good D pole been hurt for a few years. But fast, big and physical. First name is Mason not sure of the last name. Was a 302 kid.

I believe Baur plays Mid and Archmere's attack is Moyer, Collins, and Neill. Have not seen much of sanfords fogo but I agree with Duarte (wrestlers make the best fogos). Otherwise I should have made the question, outside of sallies, lol.

I dont really know the Cape kids but I assume they have some ballers. The Best and Dennis kids are good from what I hear.

Archmere is going to score with that line up, lost a lot of D so will have to see how that plays out

New to the thread here but just letting you guys know…
Cape comes back with 2 attackmen D’Ambrogi and Best, D’Ambrogi was leading point scorer in state last year as well as Dennis at midfield, graduates FOGO Zolper

CR returns Lawrence and McCleary on D, Stant in goal and Wooleyhand at attack

Friends graduates most everyone but returns McNeill at midfield (2x 1st Team All State) and goalie and a defenseman

Sallies is loaded, 3 D1 defensemen and at least 4 D1 senior offensive players, also heard that Friends goalie Skinner from 2017 is at Sallies now

Appo graduates very good goalie Meckley, older Garrison, comes back with one defensemen Army and younger Garrison who could be 1st Team All State, their zone defense tripped people up at end of last year

Archmere returns Bauer and Moyer, graduates entire defense and goalie, DiBattista should be pretty good in goal this year

Sanford returns FOGO Lucky and Bloom

Cape comes back with 2 attackmen D’Ambrogi and Best, D’Ambrogi was leading point scorer in state last year as well as Dennis at midfield, graduates FOGO Zolper

CR returns Lawrence and McCleary on D, Stant in goal and Wooleyhand at attack

Friends graduates most everyone but returns McNeill at midfield (2x 1st Team All State) and goalie and a defenseman

Sallies is loaded, 3 D1 defensemen and at least 4 D1 senior offensive players, also heard that Friends goalie Skinner from 2017 is at Sallies now

Appo graduates very good goalie Meckley, older Garrison, comes back with one defensemen Army and younger Garrison who could be 1st Team All State, their zone defense tripped people up at end of last year

Archmere returns Bauer and Moyer, graduates entire defense and goalie, DiBattista should be pretty good in goal this year

Sanford returns FOGO Lucky and Bloom

Welcome to the discussion - great insight

Cape was real young last year. Played well against Sallies and has to be a favorite to play them in the title game.

Think Appo may surprise this year and compete - they beat both Archmere and Cape last year for example - but it will depend on how their D and new goalie come together. They are gonna score a lot I think but a lot of new D and a new goalie will be tough. They did get the D pole from Caravel that started as an 8th grader last year so that will help. Being honest alot will depend on the new goalie, such an important position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT