ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 thoughts

Feb 15, 2023
Blue Hens: Penn and St. Georges Strong. Middletown and Christiana probably higher in team score now than I would have expected, great on them. Mazurek from Middletown upset Branch from AI in final overtime; and Tyler from WP at 190 was seeded 12th and beat the 4th and 5th seed consecutively probably causing the huge swing in team points.

Indy: 9 wrestlers at 120? Id expect that at 106, not sure how I feel about that. Team score as expected - but exciting race between Sals, St. Marks, and DMA. DMA 165 Macdonell over Caravels Sakers and made semis probably the most notable upset in this tournament today.

Henlopen: Not really sure how to quantify the Team scoring, Its Centrals game to lose but where one would have expected Cape or maybe even CR to be the challenger; Smyrna has maintained position sending 8 into the Semis, Second only to Centrals 9. If Central has a tough morning and Smyrna a strong one - this could be a photo finish. Also nothing too too crazy on the upset side of things. Rosan from Polytech pinned IR's Knight; Risper from Woodbridge beat Wheeler from Cape; and Villareal Gomez from Milford beat Centrals Steele.

Also shoutout to the ladies running with the boys this weekend; Radecki is top 8 at 106, next win will get her into top 6. Hurley from Dickenson and Perez from Glasgow meet head to head tomorrow with the winner Guaranteed top 8; Derby from St georges is 1-1 and next match is to get into the top 8; Littleton from Milford at 113 is in the top 8, with next match to get into the top 6. King and Klecan from St. Andrews did go 0-2 at 132 and 38 respectively but still kudos for stepping up for their team. Apologies if I missed anyone.

Please note by "upset" I simply mean by seed and not any personal judgement on the individuals. I also didn't consider any 5 seed over 4 notable but there were several.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT