ADVERTISEMENT

Friday 11/6 Scores

Stick, the Suusex County Airport could not accommodate the jet? Plus I heard the Slowksy soccer team is using the jet this weekend.

My play has been their lack of speed/quickness, athleticism, talent and intensity. I have also noted the shoddy play of O line.

I never get into the social class BS.

"lack of speed/quickness, athleticism, talent and intensity" I literally just spit my coffee out. Once again you might be on to something Bum. Their struggle with untalented athletes has taken them all the way to #1. Please tell us more.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Anyone familiar with the Lake program knows what Freddie has done for it. I am a big fan of his and love the level of accountability and passion his players have. You don't win consecutive titles like they just did, without someone like Freddie at the helm. A tip of the cap to the Henlopen South Champs.

Reactions: CountianJeff
I'm with SCash. I've always said Freddie is a guy that can build a program up. He did a great job from where they were at 1-9 every year and a suspended season at one point. I've never questioned that. His game day coaching is more the issue. Time management, play-calling, scheme, winning big games, etc. I didn't expect much from Lake this season with how much they lost from last season but Freddie has kept them in the hunt. Great guy no doubt and congrats to him and the Henlopen South Champs.

People are getting carried away with the Lake wouldn't have a program without their coach. Lake has always had a good football program dating at least back to the late 80s. Of course every school has hard times during long stretch, the good thing is those bad apples get cycled out every 4 years. Johnson has built a very good program from what I have seen. He prepares the kids well fundamentally to be successful. When I critique him on here it is only as a game day coach and decision maker. I think having success running into 9 and 10 man boxes shows both his weakness as a play caller but the fact that team is coached well Saturday to Thursday because they still are able to have mostly positive results against the odds. The south is way down this year but I attended the St. Georges/ Lake/ Poly scrimmage and I wouldn't count Lake out against St. George's. They played pretty even that day although we are a season away from that scrimmage.

I didn't say they wouldn't have a program without him, I said not long ago there was the possibility Lake wouldn't have a football team with everything that went down. Since then, Fred is one of many people who have helped to put the past where it belongs. Even if the program didn't experience the success it has during his tenure, just the way it has been rebuilt after everything that happened is something people should be proud about. And he deserves as much credit as anyone for it, probably more. I'm fine with people -- and I'm not just talking about in here -- questioning things that happen in a game. Hell, I get paid to do it. I just wish people who do what Fred has done got a little credit sometimes as well.

Absolute gross display of officiating at Newark/MT game! Could easily be 28-7 MT, 2TDs called back.
I never complain about officiating but they were a disgrace to the men in stripes, clueless at least 20 penalty calls! Changed the whole pace of the game ! Both teams played sloppy especially for game 9 and for Simpson/Del Perico teams. MT shooting themselves in foot 4 turnovers, they need to get that cleaned up by next week or its going to be a very short post. season. Only bright side is Datillo is working his way back into line up , looks strong. Hopefully they cut him loose next week against Concord, need to win that one to have a chance of 1st round home game.

MT is sloppy.. Thats been an on going theme all season... Not sure it can get corrected at this point in the season..

MT is sloppy.. Thats been an on going theme all season... Not sure it can get corrected at this point in the season..
I have to agree RR, from my perspective looks like a combo of lack of leadership and lack of discipline! Not a typical MDP team, but until recently he didn't have his son running the show either, never in my 20 years of watching MT, have I seen so many penalties, costly ones at that ( personal fouls/ unsportsmanships)! He never put up with that, and if it did happen usually pulled players!! NOT NO MORE! Nor did he put up with turnovers, guys typically pulled & sat ! If the WR's didn't block down field they were replaced with someone who would ! I believe the run is over, they may make it to semi's but thats all she wrote!

That game on Saturday morning with Concord isn't going to be a gimme for Middletown either. Cavs have to play smart or else Concord's going to just wear them down.

"lack of speed/quickness, athleticism, talent and intensity" I literally just spit my coffee out. Once again you might be on to something Bum. Their struggle with untalented athletes has taken them all the way to #1. Please tell us more.

Look forward to them laying an egg at "The Tub" on Thursday night.

That game on Saturday morning with Concord isn't going to be a gimme for Middletown either. Cavs have to play smart or else Concord's going to just wear them down.
Absolutely Gate, MT has been up & down all season, really haven't put together a complete game all season. Hopefully they wake up on Saturday AM! Concord definitely is big up front/ Roberts boys are going to be a hand full thats for sure! MT's O needs to gets back to the basics and run the ball, MT faithful are hoping Datillo returns to line up!

I didn't say they wouldn't have a program without him, I said not long ago there was the possibility Lake wouldn't have a football team with everything that went down. Since then, Fred is one of many people who have helped to put the past where it belongs. Even if the program didn't experience the success it has during his tenure, just the way it has been rebuilt after everything that happened is something people should be proud about. And he deserves as much credit as anyone for it, probably more. I'm fine with people -- and I'm not just talking about in here -- questioning things that happen in a game. Hell, I get paid to do it. I just wish people who do what Fred has done got a little credit sometimes as well.

Lake' s coaches have done a good job over the past several years. Coach Johnson works hard and holds his kids accountable. We always work hard, we couldn't miss practice, he demands us to be respectful on and off the field. He would go crazy when we did things wrong in school or off the field. He always expect us to be good young men, winning was not his priority when it came to us. Coach got on my nerves often, but he cares about the kids. Congrats to the lake forest football family. One team, one family, Spartan pride, Spartan pride, Spartan pride!!! Run it coach, run it !!!

Reactions: H-TownHitman
Nice post Volmight. I think we all agree that Freddie has done a great job with the players and students at Lake making them accountable for their actions and showing them responsibility along the way. I've known Freddie for over 20 years and he's always been this way. With that being said I have not seen anybody on here Question him as a coach or mentor. we would just like to see them switch it up a little like running to the outside a little bit more or passing 3 or 4 times a game which to his credit they have done the last couple games and have looked really good doing so. with that being said Win Lake Win!!! Can't wait to hear that Bell ringing on Friday night!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT