ADVERTISEMENT

Friday night

wings72

Mascot
Feb 6, 2020
So no one has a opinion? I’ll say it .Seem’s to me , after looking at tonight’s results the top programs for 2020 regardless of conference or division. Smyrna / Milford/Caravel/Cape. Mean no disprect to any program. Have seen them all this year. Looking at over all schedules and results for individual wrestlers. Smyrna stands out,Caravel a close second IMHO

So no one has a opinion? I’ll say it .Seem’s to me , after looking at tonight’s results the top programs for 2020 regardless of conference or division. Smyrna / Milford/Caravel/Cape. Mean no disprect to any program. Have seen them all this year. Looking at over all schedules and results for individual wrestlers. Smyrna stands out,Caravel a close second IMHO
Central has had a good year. Need to close out tomorrow

Woodbridge wrestled Milford and caravel tough. Got crushed by cape. But good year

If Milford 160 is out and no heavyweight then its a wrap for them vs smyrna unfortunately

Smyrna is in a league of their own but I dont know if I would say caravel is the closest to smyrna in my opinion? Idk?

Smyrna is in a league of their own but I dont know if I would say caravel is the closest to smyrna in my opinion? Idk?
Milford and Caravel are closest to Smyrna but neither have the depth bottom to top to challenge.

They both just have to recruit harder! Smyrna definitely had the best recruiting class over the last two years. I think they will stumble next season and be dethroned by someone really doesn't matter who as long as they dont win it.

They both just have to recruit harder! Smyrna definitely had the best recruiting class over the last two years. I think they will stumble next season and be dethroned by someone really doesn't matter who as long as they dont win it.
Graduation will take a toll on Smyrna. Remember my comment about depth! Their JV team would give a lot of other schools Varsity teams fits. Also 3 really good youth programs in the state . Smyrna, Tyrants,Hammers. Most of the top kids in the State have come through one of those programs. Everyone loves to root against the top dog !!! As fans of the sport we’re all lucky to have the opportunity to see great kids, with great coaching be successful

Agreed nothing against smyrna I'd just like to see a underdog team come in and win the title I just think that would be neat. I've always been one to root for the underdogs! Everyone loves a Cinderella story.

Graduation will take a toll on Smyrna. Remember my comment about depth! Their JV team would give a lot of other schools Varsity teams fits. Also 3 really good youth programs in the state . Smyrna, Tyrants,Hammers. Most of the top kids in the State have come through one of those programs. Everyone loves to root against the top dog !!! As fans of the sport we’re all lucky to have the opportunity to see great kids, with great coaching be successful
Laurel has some really good wrestlers coming up through their club and middle school right now. They will have a few years coming up where the high school team will be competing for championships.

Smyrna - 63
William Penn - 12

SC - 33
Cape - 31

Milford - 55
ST - 7

Caravel - 80
McKean - 0

Woodbridge - 56
Archmere - 12

McKean wins the blue hen conference then gets shut out by caravel. What does that say about the blue hen conference ?
Not sure? Don't want to open a can of worms about Schools. I'm a product of public school ……. At one time St. Marks was a power house in wrestling. Sallies DMA Caravel are the better up state teams for now . Maybe parents sending their kids where they think they will best be prepared for college, and they just happen to be good wrestlers ? IDK.

I mean upstate in general is extremely weak and that includes both independent and blue hen. Henlopen has dominated wrestling for years now and if Milford wasn’t D1, there’d be another clean sweep of the titles this weekend. Caravel and Sallies seem to be the only decent programs upstate because most of this kids are going to those schools or to Smyrna. I’d love to see the amount of kids on each team that actually live in those districts. School choice isn’t just a problem in wrestling though, it’s all sports but football and wrestling are the two key ones that anyone cares about. It’s not all upstate though.... Arguably Milfords two best wrestlers came from Lakes middle school and where are they now? Those two damn sure could’ve helped Lake last night against Laurel.

I love that McKenna got a ton of guys out and in the right weight classes and won the conference. Good for them. Losing to CA is whatever. Building yourself up and winning is why wrestling is great!!

I mean upstate in general is extremely weak and that includes both independent and blue hen. Henlopen has dominated wrestling for years now and if Milford wasn’t D1, there’d be another clean sweep of the titles this weekend. Caravel and Sallies seem to be the only decent programs upstate because most of this kids are going to those schools or to Smyrna. I’d love to see the amount of kids on each team that actually live in those districts. School choice isn’t just a problem in wrestling though, it’s all sports but football and wrestling are the two key ones that anyone cares about. It’s not all upstate though.... Arguably Milfords two best wrestlers came from Lakes middle school and where are they now? Those two damn sure could’ve helped Lake last night against Laurel.

Don’t forget about DMA. They have a young team and a great coach. I see big times coming from them
5 freshman starting for DMA this year and I'll bet that 1 or 2 more incoming freshman will have an impact again next year. DMA's future is definitely bright.

5 freshman starting for DMA this year and I'll bet that 1 or 2 more incoming freshman will have an impact again next year. DMA's future is definitely bright.
They do have a nice team ! Happy to see up state wrestling on the upturn. Young team as you pointed out at DMA, Caravel starting two 8th Graders. WP has good coaching so hopefully they return to the elite program they once were!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT