ADVERTISEMENT

Games Sunday 4-28-2019

runningman12001

JV stand out
Nov 11, 2012
St. Marks 10 Conrad 5. Conrad had the Spartans on their heels leading most of the way. The score in the top of the 7th was 5-3 Conrad when their starter had to be pulled because of pitch count. The move was the beginning of the end as St. Marks then plated seven runs to take the win.

I was a little surprised by how chippy St. Marks was during the game. There were certainly some questionable calls but nothing that should have resulted in the outburst and subsequent ejections of members of their team.

St. Marks 10 Conrad 5. Conrad had the Spartans on their heels leading most of the way. The score in the top of the 7th was 5-3 Conrad when their starter had to be pulled because of pitch count. The move was the beginning of the end as St. Marks then plated seven runs to take the win.

I was a little surprised by how chippy St. Marks was during the game. There were certainly some questionable calls but nothing that should have resulted in the outburst and subsequent ejections of members of their team.
Good scoop, thanks !

Coach Smith is not a good role model for this kids I seen it to many times he ran out on the field and got in the faces of kids and coach’s

Reactions: runningman12001
Coach Smith is not a good role model for this kids I seen it to many times he ran out on the field and got in the faces of kids and coach’s
Coach Smith was on the field bickering with the umpires today as well. He didn't get the boot but did get a warning which was loudly and adamantly announced by the second base umpire.

First, one person was ejected not members. Second, the umpires were a total mess. From the strike zone to a foul ball off a players foot to an interference on a throw down and the batter didn't even move. Forget the fact that the throw was horrible. Hell, there was one ball that nearly bounced on the plate that was called a strike. The Conrad coach was calling the game for the poor old guy behind the plate. Day pass from local retirement home??

First, one person was ejected not members. Second, the umpires were a total mess. From the strike zone to a foul ball off a players foot to an interference on a throw down and the batter didn't even move. Forget the fact that the throw was horrible. Hell, there was one ball that nearly bounced on the plate that was called a strike. The Conrad coach was calling the game for the poor old guy behind the plate. Day pass from local retirement home??
The performance of the umpires was definitely questionable but as I stated in so many words their performance should not have resulted in the bad behavior of the other team. As to who or how many were ejected it was difficult to tell which is why I didn't say player or coach but instead members. The question that I have is the person ejected suspended for the next game?

Reactions: Huskerman7
The performance of the umpires was definitely questionable but as I stated in so many words their performance should not have resulted in the bad behavior of the other team. As to who or how many were ejected it was difficult to tell which is why I didn't say player or coach but instead members. The question that I have is the person ejected suspended for the next game?
One adult was told to leave the dugout. If the person was ejected they would be suspended for the following game. To characterize the behavior of the team as bad is misleading. Both teams were chirping with neither side going overboard. Have you been to a Sallies or Caravel game??

One adult was told to leave the dugout. If the person was ejected they would be suspended for the following game. To characterize the behavior of the team as bad is misleading. Both teams were chirping with neither side going overboard. Have you been to a Sallies or Caravel game??
I would respectfully disagree that both teams were chirping or at least to the degree of the reaction on the St. Marks side of the field. St. Marks head coach was clearly given a verbal warning and a player or coach of that same team was ejected. There were no such warnings or ejections on the Conrad side of the field. Obviously this was my view and you had yours but I'm sure some semblance of what actually occurred will be reported through a reputable media service.

St marks always go overboard, caravel and sallies get chirpy but know what’s over the line which it seems the Spartans dont

I would respectfully disagree that both teams were chirping or at least to the degree of the reaction on the St. Marks side of the field. St. Marks head coach was clearly given a verbal warning and a player or coach of that same team was ejected. There were no such warnings or ejections on the Conrad side of the field. Obviously this was my view and you had yours but I'm sure some semblance of what actually occurred will be reported through a reputable media service.
I just laughed out loud at the reputable media service, unless FOXNEWS reports on DE baseball... Not disputing the coach part, just the verbiage about the team behavior.

I just laughed out loud at the reputable media service, unless FOXNEWS reports on DE baseball... Not disputing the coach part, just the verbiage about the team behavior.
You seem a bit defensive and a bit sarcastic. I kind of like the sarcasm but the defensive part I don't get. I don't dispute your perception of what occurred. I only stated my view which I believe social media allows me to do. If you are right and I'm wrong so be it. I'm sure it will all come out in the wash. As for the game itself, I would say it was a struggle for St. Marks because they most likely took for granted they would beat Conrad and were looking ahead to the Salesianum game.

Check on the sarcasm, and I agree with the adult part. I read the word "team" and go to the players.
All good.

As soccer07 stated it was an adult, a coach that was ejected. The coach was wearing a jersey that matched the kid's jersey. It was 100% a coach. So I understand your confusion but please stop including the players in your statement.

Both teams were chirping with neither side going overboard. Have you been to a Sallies or Caravel game??

Sallies - Caravel chirping is mostly a result of past coaches for each. St. Marks - Sallies chirping is time honored tradition passed down through generations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT