ADVERTISEMENT

Games worth watching

DoItWrite

moving up to Varsity
Mar 8, 2016
I think most of them are worth watching, but here are two that stood out for week 1.

Cape Henlopen at Polytech, Thursday at 6. The Panthers were one of the teams to deal Cape a loss last season, so you know that will be on the minds of the Vikings. This Cape roster is going to be so much fun to watch.

Sanford vs. Woodbridge, Saturday at 1:15 at the 76ers Fieldhouse. Huge early season matchup. Sanford, of course, brings back Kubek, Tucker and Carroll, and Meredith and Holveck got some playing time last season. There are four freshmen and an eighth-grader on the roster, including Zoe Kashner, who started varsity as an eighth-grader last season at Tatnall. Woodbridge, of course, brings back Scott, Serpa and C. Johnson, but can they find the same magic they had last season. The Blue Raiders do play Conrad, Ursuline, Caravel and Padua this season.

I'll likely be at WB/Sanford on Saturday, but I must see Cape at least once this season. Depending on how far north they come, it might be a drive worth taking.

I'll likely be at WB/Sanford on Saturday, but I must see Cape at least once this season. Depending on how far north they come, it might be a drive worth taking.
Cape plays in the same event as Sanford on Saturday. They'll be at the Fieldhouse at 11:30. They're also in the Diamond State Classic. Other than that, Smyrna is the farthest north they travel.

Don’t think this game is worth watching. Saw Poly scrimmage at LaKe. Their pg still not in starting lineup and one of last years starters didn’t return. Cape will win big.

I think most of them are worth watching, but here are two that stood out for week 1.

Cape Henlopen at Polytech, Thursday at 6. The Panthers were one of the teams to deal Cape a loss last season, so you know that will be on the minds of the Vikings. This Cape roster is going to be so much fun to watch.

Sanford vs. Woodbridge, Saturday at 1:15 at the 76ers Fieldhouse. Huge early season matchup. Sanford, of course, brings back Kubek, Tucker and Carroll, and Meredith and Holveck got some playing time last season. There are four freshmen and an eighth-grader on the roster, including Zoe Kashner, who started varsity as an eighth-grader last season at Tatnall. Woodbridge, of course, brings back Scott, Serpa and C. Johnson, but can they find the same magic they had last season. The Blue Raiders do play Conrad, Ursuline, Caravel and Padua this season.

Don’t think this game is worth watching. Saw Poly scrimmage at LaKe. Their pg still not in starting lineup and one of last years starters didn’t return. Cape will win big.
That's one of the wild cards about high school sports. You never know who's going to be on the court until they introduce the lineups prior to the first game.

Reactions: Sports_Fan72
St E vs Conrad, Thursday night at 5:00 should be a good one even without some players it looks like StE is tough with their first win being pretty big.

Reactions: Sports_Fan72
This season is a 3 horse race in no particular order:
St Elizabeth
Conrad
Sanford
If anyone thinks anything else they are kidding themselves.
I have not seen Caravel but I have seen scrimmages involving Cape, Woodbridge, Ursuline and many others and the talent level of these teams is not even close to the top 3.

I've seen Woodbridge play Sanford and I've seen Cape against a decent Archbishop Carroll team and I have to say that you're right. Caravel likely does have enough for a return trip to the final four.

I think the outcome could have been different if they other two ladies played. It still was a good game but you can see where Fatty would have made a difference. It is a three team race though. I think whoever is healthy come playoff time wins it all.

I came away with that same thought. Lynch, McCarron and Pulliam looked great in spots, Henry was hamstrung with foul trouble, but the difference for Conrad is Whittlesey. 6'4 with a long reach and soft touch - who has an answer for her?

Interesting game to watch this week... St.Marks vs Charter School of Wilmington on Tuesday. Both come in undefeated and should be each others 1st test in the next tier of teams outside of the top 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT