ADVERTISEMENT

Gate's Week Eight Picks

ReturnOfTheGate

All-Conference
Mar 13, 2018
Best week of the season for the GateLine, though picking AI (who canceled with Archmere this week) and Charter were the two heat checks that kept me from going unbeaten. More interesting games in week 8 include the annual Sals/Smyrna battle, Howard looking to get back on track against Tower Hill, Middletown traveling to Arundel MD and Sussex Central hosting St. Georges. Let's get to pickin'.

Last week: 20-2
2021 overall: 125-35

Best pick: Odessa 14, Polytech 12 (Odessa won 20-16)
Worst pick: AI 14, Brandywine 8 (Brandywine won 42-0)

Thursday October 28

St. Elizabeth 35, Charter 13
Polytech 10, ECHS 6
Laurel 30, Seaford 10
Appo 24, Cape 20

Friday October 29

DMA 28, Newark 14
Dickinson 12, Christiana 8
Mt. Pleasant 20, McKean 6
Middletown 33, Arundel 23
GAME OF THE WEEK Caravel 17, Delmar 14
Dover 22, William Penn 18
Smyrna 36, Sallies 28
Milford 21, Sussex Tech 20
Woodbridge 16, Lake Forest 7
Red Lion 20, Odessa 14
St. Georges 26, Sussex Central 20

Saturday October 30

Concord 21, Conrad 11
St. Mark's 38, Delcastle 14
IR 23, FSMA 8
Tatnall 35, Glasgow 12
St. Andrews 25, MSFD 21
Friends 28, Brandywine 7
Howard 18, Tower Hill 16

Last edited:
Sheesh. Lol. Love the picks but god I hope you’re wrong about that Middletown/Arundel score. Calpreps says the Cavs win in a rout, 44-6.

And considering Smyrna beat them 56-6…..i would have figured a wider gap than 10 points. Anyway, love what you do. Keep it up ;)

Sheesh. Lol. Love the picks but god I hope you’re wrong about that Middletown/Arundel score. Calpreps says the Cavs win in a rout, 44-6.

And considering Smyrna beat them 56-6…..i would have figured a wider gap than 10 points. Anyway, love what you do. Keep it up ;)

I lived and worked in Maryland for years in sports media so I just assumed Arundel has a strong team. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I think Arundel is one of those teams that are up or down. They get a good group of seniors and it carries them to wins and playoffs but once they graduate they struggle. Then the young guys become seniors and they cycle through again. This might be one of those years they are struggling. I don’t know them that well, just compare their scores/games

Reactions: BackinBlack86

Gate likes to play it close to the vest.. Doesn't go out on any limbs. 🎃

oh and apparently Sussex Tech is playing two games this week and scoring 20 in each

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Gate likes to play it close to the vest.. Doesn't go out on any limbs. 🎃

oh and apparently Sussex Tech is playing two games this week and scoring 20 in each
Lmao they better send the A team to milford since the playoffs are on the line but I'm sure the JV could use the experience against St. Georges.

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT